Thread: Makeup While Driving

Makeup While Driving

I live in Los Angeles and every morning have about an hour and a half commute to work in traffic. To be able to sleep in a little longer I usually put my makeup on while driving. Just wondering who else has mastered the art of putting on makeup while driving.

Junior Member MelissaAndProudOfIt's Avatar
    Well to be honest that's not so clever, putting on make-up whist driving... as if you get stopped by the Police, you could stand the chance to be charged for not being in complete control of your vehical... so maybe would be better to apply make up before you drive. You could be applying make up, and for the split second you take eyes of the road, someone could walk out in front of you.... or somebody could go over the bonnet.. or a cyclist, and you would never recover in your mind from it... you'll be saying to yourself you regretted applying make up on the day that happened to you, but alas to late a person who could have died from injuries recieved from such an incident... when in a car, never apply make up, never use a mobile phone, unless it's hands free, never drink anything whilst driving, or do anything else that could distract or hinder you from the task of your driving, or simply you could live to regret it. Worst part is if anyone was injured, they might not live to regret it... so please think twice ok.... be safe and not regretfully sorry...

I don't wear makeup to work very often and than not much...

I do IM and post here using my Blackberry while driving to work... Typing and steering with my knee.... 60 mph.... Curves and hills..... Snow.... Idiot drivers!!!

Haven't been killed..................yet!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

This is a Joke right.

if you have been on the freeway in LA during rush hours putting on makeup is not a problem some times you don't even move for five minuets at a time and then if you get up to twenty you are lucky

susie

Quote Originally Posted by finacarina View Post
    I live in Los Angeles and every morning have about an hour and a half commute to work in traffic. To be able to sleep in a little longer I usually put my makeup on while driving. Just wondering who else has mastered the art of putting on makeup while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I don't wear makeup to work very often and than not much...

I do IM and post here using my Blackberry while driving to work... Typing and steering with my knee.... 60 mph.... Curves and hills..... Snow.... Idiot drivers!!!

Haven't been killed..................yet!!

Karren
    This is what the Allstate comercial is all about.
    I have never tried make up but have totally changed outfits.
    not to mention cellphones.

Just saw on the news the other day that the Police are cracking down on this, talking on cell phones, drinking coffee, reading and anything else that distracts you while are driving. I cannot overstate how dangerous this can be. Too many "loose cannon" drivers on the road to take chances Hon. Never know what people are going to do on the road.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Drinking coffee?

Has that somehow become an offense too? What about other liquids, like soda or water even?

I dont think so, to my mind drinking liquids has never been an offense. I use a straw anyway though.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I do my makeup in front of the bath room mirror. One woman I worked with passed me on the way to work, and was applying mascara in her review mirror. I was driving sixty five. We both we police officers at the time. You don't think I didn't have a talk with her did ya ! I cared about her and didn't want her to be sorry for her actions. She understood my concern.

Hey Girls, Before I retired from the Emergency Service thing, we called people doing their makeup, reading, talking on a non-hands free phones while driving....JOB SECURITY!!!!! I have seen multi roll over 70+ mph wrecks where the driver walked away and 20 mph impacts where they were killed! Ok I'll get off my soap box now. Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

The only thing I do while driveing is touch up my lipstick and I only do that at a Red Lite........

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaAndProudOfIt View Post
    Well to be honest that's not so clever, putting on make-up whist driving...
    Not trying to be clever just practical... as Susie says LA traffic barely moves. Im not putting it on while doing 65 down the freeway

I'm on "the road" quite a bit in my job and I've seen all sorts of "makeup artists" while driving. I've got a difficult enough time getting it on standing in front of my mirror, much less while driving.
    I was in my sister's car about three months ago and I asked her what the stains were on her steering wheel. She told me that was from when she would miss putting the cap back on her lipstick while driving. This is the same gal who TEACHES a New York State safe driver course. Go Figure!!!!
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I quit driving about 25 years ago just for that reason... And the tailgaters! I was about to go postal, slam on brakes and swear to anyone that I almost hit a cat. I've been much calmer since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    Has that somehow become an offense too? What about other liquids, like soda or water even?

I dont think so, to my mind drinking liquids has never been an offense. I use a straw anyway though.

Yep it is, what happens when you drop hot coffee in your lap. Its simplle when in your car drive when you fancy a snack, stop !!!!!!!

How about those that smoke and drop their cigerrete in their laps.

It doesn't matter how slow you are going putting makeup on whilst driving it just so stupid.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I've touched up lipstick while waiting for a stoplight, but putting on make-up is a non-driving event for me. And I think that it should be--in the interests of safety--a non-driving event for everybody.
    warmly, Linnea

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I think I read somewhere:

"it is better to close you mouth and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

Roberta is practicing the esteem preserving technique of discreet silence.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :