Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sometimes it's amazing how accepting people are...

Quote Originally Posted by Country girl GG View Post
    [SIZE=3]Ya know Baby, I think the perfect time to accomplish this would be Vegas! Don't you agree? CG gg[/SIZE]
    I know a place...
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by gianna25 View Post
    See....why does everyone assume we are gay or like men just cause we crossdress...I hate that...anyway...great story Lisa....you keep workin it girl
    \
    I've probably let the side down then, I met my wife to be in a gay bar...ok it was the only place I knew to dress up in those days but still....

Quote Originally Posted by gianna25
    See....why does everyone assume we are gay or like men just cause we crossdress...I hate that...anyway...great story Lisa....you keep workin it girl
    Honestly, the assumption that I'm gay never bothers me. I was a theater geek in High School, I dress very trendy as a guy, have highlights in my hair, and I'm not shy about my love of fashion and style...it's not an unreasonable assumption for a person to make about me. As one close GG friend once said "you're the gayest straight guy I know"...and she had no clue about my dressing at the time.

Considering that we are the "T" in LGBT, I personally think we as a community need to get over the "I'm swear I'm not gay!!!" that so many people seem to have. I understand the whole "most crossdressers are heterosexual", but the reality is that while we may be heterosexual, we are definitely not "straight". I just think that the way that many of us freak out at the thought that someone thinking that we're gay only helps to polarize us from the rest of the LGBT community and hurt our ability to take advantage of the level of acceptance the rest of the community has acheived.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    In my experience (as an FtM), the opposite is true. I've found much more acceptance among males than females. I think it might be because people are flattered that we want to be like them, and are more likely to be accepting and helpful than if they think we reject being like them. Just my .
    I think you're right. I have a couple of lesbian friends, and when they've come out, the guys that they're friends with have been much more accepting than the females. And no, this isn't because of the "male lesbian fantasy"...these girls are far from fantasy material.

I think that both sexes find those that reject the norms of their sex somewhat threatening, while those of the opposite sex think "well, I like being a guy, I can she why she could want to be a guy" and vice versa.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

tease

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I know a place...
    Holly, you tease, you know we can't wait!!! Vegas here we come! CG gg
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
    Honestly, the assumption that I'm gay never bothers me. I was a theater geek in High School, I dress very trendy as a guy, have highlights in my hair, and I'm not shy about my love of fashion and style...it's not an unreasonable assumption for a person to make about me. As one close GG friend once said "you're the gayest straight guy I know"...and she had no clue about my dressing at the time.

Considering that we are the "T" in LGBT, I personally think we as a community need to get over the "I'm swear I'm not gay!!!" that so many people seem to have. I understand the whole "most crossdressers are heterosexual", but the reality is that while we may be heterosexual, we are definitely not "straight". I just think that the way that many of us freak out at the thought that someone thinking that we're gay only helps to polarize us from the rest of the LGBT community and hurt our ability to take advantage of the level of acceptance the rest of the community has acheived.

I think you're right. I have a couple of lesbian friends, and when they've come out, the guys that they're friends with have been much more accepting than the females. And no, this isn't because of the "male lesbian fantasy"...these girls are far from fantasy material.

I think that both sexes find those that reject the norms of their sex somewhat threatening, while those of the opposite sex think "well, I like being a guy, I can she why she could want to be a guy" and vice versa.

Lisa interesting conversation going on.....the thing is this....from my fairly little experiences which have really only been in the past year mainly the last few months, I have spent the most time in my life around a gay crowd because i came out to a TS friend and then she ran with it.....But all the gay guys i am meeting her friends and their friends etc seem very shocked that i like to dress up and then i dont want to be with a guy....that i still like girls.....then i found this article about why straight men crossdress http://www.goofyfootpress.com/kinkyc...ssdressing.php
    its kind of funny becasue it talks about us being the most ostracized group.
    Anyways for me i feel that being a crossdresser is different from being a T-girl....i know the T could mean transvestite too but i dont consider myself that either....just a crossdresser....i dont do it that often and it seems that when i do i will do it a bunch of times and then be tired of it for quite some time.....i havent had the desire to put on a stitch of clothing in the 2 weeks that i have been home and i dont think i will have the desire for quite a while....its like doing it 3 days in a row was overkill for me and i just dont feel like being bothered.....anyways thats just my which is probably worth only a penny..LOLOL

thanks for listening to my rant

G
    [SIZE="3"]Gianna Versaci[/SIZE]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gianna25/

I had a fittng today at a lingerie store, The salespeople and the customers around me were all GG. It was the most wondefull experience because NO ONE cared that I was a guy. They just cared that I got the proper fit.And the women customers commented on the items I was going to try on.And wanted to see how I looked weaing them.
    Women can be and are so nice and friendly. No problem.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Honestly, the assumption that I'm gay never bothers me.
    Me neither Lisa. If you ever saw some of the things I wear in boy mode and with my eye makeup, jewelry etc ... well lets just say that uneducated people will think I'm as gay as hell! I can't say I know what I'm talking about because I don't, but IMHO rarely are gay guys attracted to crossdressers. However I do understand why some people mistakenly think that women's clothes on a guy must mean he's gay.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by gianna25 View Post
    Lisa interesting conversation going on.....the thing is this....from my fairly little experiences which have really only been in the past year mainly the last few months, I have spent the most time in my life around a gay crowd because i came out to a TS friend and then she ran with it.....But all the gay guys i am meeting her friends and their friends etc seem very shocked that i like to dress up and then i dont want to be with a guy....that i still like girls.....then i found this article about why straight men crossdress http://www.goofyfootpress.com/kinkyc...ssdressing.php
    its kind of funny becasue it talks about us being the most ostracized group.
    I totally agree with crossdressers being the most ostracized. A lot of the gay community doesn't understand us, for the exact reasons you point out, and the "straight" community doesn't understand CDing whatsoever.

I guess I need to mention that I don't identify as a crossdresser. I'm transgendered, and am currently in the process seeing a therapist exploring if I am transsexual (the signs are pointing to yes). So that may be a big difference in where my outlook is coming from. However, I am predominately heterosexual (or lesbian, depending on your perspective).

Anyways for me i feel that being a crossdresser is different from being a T-girl....i know the T could mean transvestite too but i dont consider myself that either....just a crossdresser....i dont do it that often and it seems that when i do i will do it a bunch of times and then be tired of it for quite some time.....i havent had the desire to put on a stitch of clothing in the 2 weeks that i have been home and i dont think i will have the desire for quite a while....its like doing it 3 days in a row was overkill for me and i just dont feel like being bothered.....anyways thats just my which is probably worth only a penny..LOLOL

thanks for listening to my rant

G
    That's cool. There's nothing wrong with that. I go through down times on the dressing as well, but the female feelings are always there underneath...for me it's more a lack of desire to take the time to get "dolled up", the days that if I was a girl I'd put my hair in a ponytail and wear sweats. That's one of the big differences, IMO.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    I totally agree with crossdressers being the most ostracized. A lot of the gay community doesn't understand us, for the exact reasons you point out, and the "straight" community doesn't understand CDing whatsoever.

I guess I need to mention that I don't identify as a crossdresser. I'm transgendered, and am currently in the process seeing a therapist exploring if I am transsexual (the signs are pointing to yes). So that may be a big difference in where my outlook is coming from. However, I am predominately heterosexual (or lesbian, depending on your perspective).

That's cool. There's nothing wrong with that. I go through down times on the dressing as well, but the female feelings are always there underneath...for me it's more a lack of desire to take the time to get "dolled up", the days that if I was a girl I'd put my hair in a ponytail and wear sweats. That's one of the big differences, IMO.
    [SIZE="3"]Great article I agree totally with the article and you Liza. My GF still has that worriy that I will stray to the "gay side" because of spending so much time in gay bars, The standing joke after telling her I was going to do "drag" shows was "You are going to dance and sing in front of Gay men for money". One advantage now if I'm caught googling a pretty young girl I get a smile instead of the horns (If she only knew I was checking out what she was wearing more than just the girl)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]