Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sport/Hobby.........??????

Sport/Hobby.........??????

not yet but it would not suprise me in the least to find that i no others that like our sport/hobbie
    Maybe it is just me but I cannot see how crossdressing can be catagorised as either a sport or hobby.

Technically it could be classed as a hobby so I will give you that although I do not think it falls into the same the things as stamp collecting or knitting etc etc.

Hobby - an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation.

Of the two I am afraid I cannot give into the idea of CD'ing as a sport.

Sport - an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Unless you dress to participate in either of the above activities or have to make a dash to hide from being caught dressed then sorry a sport....No

Views pls.

Sport.??...Hobby.??...you cannot be serious...LOL...for me it's a life style...a statement.!!!...you can give up sport/hobbies.!!!
    Nikki. x

Very true. This is as much a part of me as my head is to my body. I can't and would not ever want to change this. It's not something I just decided to start doing to pass the time.

Now if cding was a sport, most of us could turn pro! (Does that mean a million dollar salary every year?)
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

If we had to put a label on it I would call it either a lifestyle or an artform. It does certainly to a bit of creative ability to turn a beer bellied old grey haired man into something that even remotely resembles a woman.

my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Wink Sporting?

I find it difficult to believe it's a sport, as the only competition you have is with yourself. Improving your looks, enhancing your wardrobe. That part is always a bit of a race isn't it?

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Crossdressing is a need. A need to fully express our gender. I'm always a bit suspicious that those who refer to it as a hobby are to some extent in denial about their transgendism. If you want a hobby then something like golf is going to create a lot less tension in the marriage.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I have met women that it seemed it was a sport to them.... always in competition to find the best man... Wearing that dress to the envy of their girlfriends. They weren't my type, mind ya', but it seemed to me it was some kind of a game they were playing.
    You know the kind... Closet full of hi-end dresses that may have been worn only once or not at all, just for show because of the label.
    Actually, now that I think of it... My step-mom was like that.... Oh if I could have had some of her dresses when she passed on. Most of them were hi-end designer dresses. I don't think that she had anything under 400 bucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crossdressing a hobby or sport?

i actually agree with some of the other girls that CDing is a lifestye. it is the way we chose to live so for us it is our style of life therfore our lifestyle. my opinion. chantal

yeah, I would say that x dressing is a life style. While I would love to shoot practical pistol in a skirt, I wouldn't consider it a hobby.

Kymmie

Smile

Loved the message that mentioned that crossdressing is also an art form. That it is for sure! See how it is that some have the innate talent for making the transform easily, quickly, and well done - then there is my approach - slow, difficult, tedious, tension filled, yet reasonably well done - considering the materials at hand, and yet oooooh soooooo satisfying!

That is so often the process of creating art - for musicians, painters, architects, and so many others - with that complex set of skills, desires, practice, willingness's. Delightful! Just Delightful!

Rickie - who just noticed that when I am wearing my "boobs", that I can't see my "peepee" when I pee. And that was funny to note, at the same time a pleasure.
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

Platinum Member
    it's a expression of my better half...............

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    Calling CDing a hobby is like calling breathing a hobby.

Hugs

Sasha Anne

I myself consider dressing to be a viable hobby , sure !!!!, just any art form and or freedom of expression !!!!!!
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

is in her vest
    crossdressing is neither a sport or hobby with me. It is part of my hard wiring. I have always been this way, so I think Crossdressing is just me.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

It's a need. It's a lifestyle. It's a form of expression. It is also a TOOL for self discovery and getting in touch with parts of ourselves we didn't even know existed. That's how I view it, anyway. For example, Phil is a bit of a pessimist and he can get rather depressed and depressing at times. Jessica, on the other hand, is an eternal optimist and is usually quite happy and comfortable, even if things aren't the best they could be.
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

Right from the start ..I think the word crossdressing only applies to a certain percent of us here...I never think it of as a hobby /sport..its just simply ...self expression....and forgive me if Im wrong ...but I never here anyone calling the FtoM's crossdressers.. personally I dont even have a term for those guys ...just think of em as guys not cd's... ...time to go skirtin'

It's definitely not a sport, but if collecting empty beer bottles can be a hobby, I don't see why collecting panties can't be one too.

It's neither for me, I feel like it's an addiction

A hobby maybe if I involved a dedicated, skilled craft like sewing or hairstyling non-profit. Even then, those are just loose associations to CDing. But a sport? LMAO! I'm with skirt_lover on this one: sporting is a competitive, physical discipline -- and loosely linked to a physical survival skill (strength, agility, combat, hunting, etc). CDing would be more of a creative self-expression. Not an art, but defineatly an expression - at least in the broad LGBT context.

Spobby or a Hort..... Call it what you like!! I call it just plain ole fun!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I think the medical term is compulsion.
    Hobby involves a choice to get into it or not, I didn't choose to Crossdress, it chose me, and I just got tired of fighting it!
    But trying to get that blouse that is 80% off on Saturday morning, now that can be a sport!!!
    Tina B.

I see it as a hobby. It is something that I enjoy right now and there is always a chance that someday I will stop.

I always thought sports must have a clear winner and loser...

I spend enough money on clothes and makeup for crossdressing to be a hobby. But a hobby is something you want to do, crossdressing is something I have to do.
    I like the idea ot crossdressing as a sport, from zero to girl in how many seconds?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Content and Happy
    Sport or hobby? What's inside can't be bought or taught. We either accept who we are, or waste our life trying to figure it out.

Lanore

To me it's just a part of who I am. Hobbies I can take or leave, but this will be with me until my dying day.