Thread: Leg Shaving Help

Leg Shaving Help

My partner called me from her business trip last night and suggested that since I was spending the next 8 days en femme I should shave my legs, which I've never done before.

Any sugestions? Go buy fresh razors? Nair? shaving soap?

Help!

eh well personally i try to use shaving cream but i typically dont, a good razor is a plus, be carefull around the knees i knick them all the time as for nair there could be "rashy" results use at your own discression just my

It's all come down to good fresh disposable razors and a little trick I learned on the net, hair conditioner! I like the Schick Extreme 3, the best one I've found, and The Gillette Sensor 3 is good too, but with the Schick the blades actually bend, great for going over the shin

One thing I've also definitely learned, shaving is an art, a skill that needs to be developed. If you're not in that routine shaving can leave you raw no matter what you do. Maybe a pro wax or something? Always wanted to try that myself.

Good luck! and whatever you do stay away from that nair stuff, I've heard it can really burn

M
    Last edited by Michelle Ellis; 02-11-2007 at 02:24 AM.
    We are made of stars.

Leg shaving

Me and my So shaved tonight and we both used the baby oil immediatly after getting out of the shower, even before drying off and what a difference. We have the softest legs and other places I won't mention in the south.

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar
    Kali, new blades are a must. The sharper the blade, the less chance of nicking. Go slow the first few times until you get used to shaving. Like anything, practice makes perfect. Also use some kind of soap or shaving cream, etc. They make shaving gel especially for legs. Any drugstore should carry this. And the baby oil after the shower is an added plus! Good luck to you.
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

Use a female razor, Venus works great and if it's you first time you may want to clip the hair down shorter first with some sizors or an electric clipper... Use cream rinse on your legs, in the shower, works great as a lub....

Lots of different way to "skin a cat" hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

shaving

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Ellis View Post
    It's all come down to good fresh disposable razors and a little trick I learned on the net, hair conditioner! I like the Schick Extreme 3, the best one I've found, and The Gillette Sensor 3 is good too, but with the Schick the blades actually bend, great for going over the shin

One thing I've also definitely learned, shaving is an art, a skill that needs to be developed. If you're not in that routine shaving can leave you raw no matter what you do. Maybe a pro wax or something? Always wanted to try that myself.

Good luck! and whatever you do stay away from that nair stuff, I've heard it can really burn

M
    hi all i have shaved my legs for over 30 years
    i have used nair or neet they both works and yes if not done properly they burn but i also shave with a razor and u can get rash with them i find that if i am carefull with nair 1st then a few days later shave my legs stay smoothe for almost a week then i use my elec razor and it works fair to GLENDA

shaving

I would suggest using Intuition, they come in several types. 3 to a pack walmart kmart and just about any grocery store has them. They have the soap and blade together in one unit. There is no gel or shaving cream to mess. When you wear down the soap change the entire head and continue. My wife and I love them this is all we use. Have to be careful as when using a regular blade but a lot quicker. Less fuss and muss.Runs about8.50 for 3 pack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

I have been using my wife's Avon Skin So Soft "Shave Gel". It really works great. Great on my face, too. Very smooth, very close shave.

Platinum Member
    new razor and shaving gel ... go slow trim long hair before you start... enjoy....

The first time I did it took a long time to shave both legs . I used a razor sope and water . then I tryed nair amd veet . I think nezt to useing a razor
    veet works best . you will love the way they feel after you are done.

Emmy

I have not has much success with shaving so now use an epilator. Painful at firts but the results last longer than shaving and it gets less painful every time.
    Stevie B

My options at the local shop out here in the boondocks were fairly limited. I ended up going with a combination of Nair and a Venus razor.

There are some odd reflections off the hose, but how do you think I did? I would have done a "before" pic but you wouldn't have been able to se the trees for the forest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice legs indeed!
    I use a Venus tripple blade razor for women and Skintimate moisturizing shaving gell that come in a varity of scents.
    The razor has a nice grip handle and the head pivots easily. You can store extra blades in it's case as well.
    The shave gell I have this month is called Melon Burst with olive butter. It smells and feels wonderful.
    I still have to shave my legs, arms, chest and stomache evert two days at least and my face... Well at least twice if not three times a day if I want to keep it from feeling like sandpaper.
    If I could only afford electrolysys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't forget to put lotion on so your skin won't dry out. Billie Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    Don't forget to put lotion on so your skin won't dry out. Billie Jean
    Using Aloe Vera Light Body Lotion. I touched up today. I really like the way shaved legs feel; I hadn't thought it would make that much of a difference to me.

I use an epilator (a bruan) have been now for about 4 mon. and at first it was painfull but after 2nd time the pain gets less now I just zip through it, but that doesn't answer your Q. those Inuitions are good I have one and they work well, a little pricey, but smooth is worth it!!
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Kali I must say you have great looking legs. And I know how you feel right now the first time shaving my legs was so wonderful. I will never forget that feeling. I have never stoped shaving um it must be three years now.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

As a GG I will only add one very important thing, make sure your legs are in a nice Warm enviroment, so you don't have any goosebumps that become nicked and are painful, good luck.

One unexpected advantage; my thigh highs really stay put on the bare skin

Well done, Kali! It's feels so nice to have smooth legs, doesn't it?

Will you be able to keep them that way? It's best if you can shave regularly. It is also important to exfoliate every couple of days. This will help prevent ingrown hairs. And exfoliated skin is easier to shave, especially in regions where the skin is thick, like on the knees.

I don't like to use creams like Nair or Veet all the time, but they are very useful on tricky spots like hands & knees. I usually shave my body with a dry razor, using talc as a lubricant. See this link for details.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

leg shaving

yay! shaved legs are hot!
    waxing lasts longer.