Thread: Cold Weather Crossdressing Issues

Cold Weather Crossdressing Issues

Well, with 6 inches of snow on the way for tomorrow, it makes me contemplate the challenges that we northern girls have. And I’m not complaining, I actually like winter especially since I can wear more fem clothing and accessories out the wazoo!! And I just love fem winter coats and jackets, scarves, hats, gloves, mittens, BOOTS!!!

But this week, since I plan to go out enfemme in the snow storm, I have a couple winter issues and 2 questions: 1) I have the sniffles and am sneezing a lot – so how do you keep from destroying your makeup and lipstick every time you sneeze or blow your nose? 2) What effect does sub zero temperatures have on makeup, especially water based foundation, mascara, eye liner…..?

I always leave my travel totes in the truck over night so I can get an early start to my fem morning and I’m worried that the cold weather could destroy some things… Guess I could bring in my makeup bag but still interested to know is anyone else has experiences cold related problems…

So anyone else have any cold weather crossdressing issues, besides cold feet and hands.. Hehe

Thanks

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I left my makeup bag in the truck one day up here when it dropped down to 4 degrees (and never went above 15). The mascara was never the same after that

Weirdest thing was that the nail polish remover, one of those containers you stick your fingers into to brush of the polish and artificial nails, leaked all over the case it was in. It was on edge, rather than upright and it appears that the plastic of the body of the container contracted at a different rate than the hard plastic of the lid, allowing the container to leak. The acetone did a number on some other plastic containered items in the bag.

Karen,

In Wyoming we get some chilly weather also. I left my make up in the trunk overnight once and my makeup did go through some changes.

The freeze did not ruin anything but caused my base coat to seperate. Some rather strange colors layers and the mascara did a change routine but was still usable. I just shook up the base and kept on keeping on.

Am for the sniffles.... Don't think you can do anything about not wiping off your makeup so what I do is not wear any on my face except maybe powder and that I can reapply when needed.

Just do your eyes and lips then with some rouge you have nothing to smear you can't touch up easily.

Have fun darling, I know you will.

Hugs Krystal.
    What does not kill us only makes us stranger!!!

It seems that you big issue is the sniffles.
    I don't think there is any way to avoid wiping your nose, so keep a tissue in one hand and your compact in the other.... So wipe your nose when you have to and touch up your makeup as necessary.
    The troubles women have sometimes just so we can look nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karren,

First thing, wiping your nose is so masculine, because men don't wear makeup. Women on the other hand, use a tissue to dab at their nose. I'm sure you have seem many women do just this, and then put the tissue back in their purse, if it is not too wet. As for the lipstick, if you are not wearing a long lasting lipstick (yuck) you will have to be very careful, but still you will have to spend lots of time re-applying your lipstick, and giggle, this is a bad thing?

While I have never left my makeup outside, I would have to agree with the others gals, and say don't do that, bring it in or don't take it out in the first place.

Helen in OK

Hey Karren, I just thought of something... Can't you use one of those insulated bags for keeping a six-pak cold, but put something nice and warm in there instead of ice? Maybe the heat paks for back pain?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

By Florida Standards, we have also been getting some cold weather down here. It's been in the 40s at night and because we aren't used to it, and we have a lot of humidity, it feels very cold.

Anyway, I have noticed if your wearing a skirt or a dress, and the wind is "blowing up your jumper", the metal clip adjusters on your garter belt or girdle get noticably colder. In fact, they feel like putting ice cubes up against your thighs. At least, that's how it seems for me. Next time out, I reckon I will have to drag out the thi-highs. That would seem like a decent compromise, I don't care much for PH.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Karen.......My wife is from upper state New York and you can tell this winter it does get cold and snowy up there. She used to wear a long skirt/dress and boots that came up almost to her knees. Along with a long coat. She had no problem staying warm this way.

I feel for all you Gal's , and all that sub-zero weather stuff in your part of the country , 50'ish here , sun breaks feels like Spring already sometimes , I should put on my Easter dress and hat with long pretty ribbons , and go skipping in the park , but dont worry Summers around the bend for ya'll, just think pool side , and sitting on the beach with a few club soda's !!!!!
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    By Florida Standards, we have also been getting some cold weather down here. It's been in the 40s at night and because we aren't used to it, and we have a lot of humidity, it feels very cold.

Anyway, I have noticed if your wearing a skirt or a dress, and the wind is "blowing up your jumper", the metal clip adjusters on your garter belt or girdle get noticably colder. In fact, they feel like putting ice cubes up against your thighs. At least, that's how it seems for me. Next time out, I reckon I will have to drag out the thi-highs. That would seem like a decent compromise, I don't care much for PH.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    The 40's at night... It got up to 45 here today... I had to put my short shorts on... I thought it was a heat wave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Karren
    I hear that the waterbased makeup can freeze! I hope you have you're loveliest smile on when it happens!

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Gees, don't we have the problems looking good, eh? Guys just have it so easy, but I'm not saying I envy them.
    Other than the sniffles in cold weather, my eyes tear up badly in the cold, I don't know why. There goes the mascara and eyeliner!!! The cure, move in short distances in the cold if you can.
    As for the frozen metal garter clasps, ditch'em. I keep my legs warmer in fashionable tights. Inconvenient for some and an self-image thing for others. I just don't wear garters in this cold environment. Now, thigh-highs is a good alternative. Do they make'em in winter weight? Just wondering LOL.

Colleen

Ive had problems with mascara ...it gets thick like molasse's and never seems to recover ...so I leave it home now

Quote Originally Posted by erinwoodrose View Post
    It was under 20 deg. last night when I went out for the first time shopping... my face did freeze... with a permanent smile!

Jennifer
    Born female intended

Well, i'm definately going to take my makeup into the house the night before and i think if I can spray my nose with enough nasal spray then i can remain dryish through the morning at least... I sneeze like a guy.... and it goes everywhere so I'm afraid my whole face's makeup would be destroyed... lol

Love the heating pad idea, Marie or Sandra.....

Karren

.......My Photos

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

Thumbs up oh Karren,

[SIZE=3]Karren, Try waterproof mascara and eyeliner. They make long lasting lipstick that won't come off until you are ready for it to. Colorgirl in the blue box, with two tubes, is IMHO, the best. It is a base color with a clearcoat sealer that does double duty as a gloss. There are all kinds of waterproof makeup that is made especially for wet weather and would work with your issues. Also you can buy, at Walmart, equate[store brand] make up remover cloths in a pack of 30 for around 4 bucks. These will remove any and all traces of the makeup, waterproof and all. I have used these for about 6 years now and they are just as effective as name brand. Hope this helps. CG gg[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

My SO uses "Wet Ones" brand baby wipes to remove her makeup. She says "If it's good enough for a babies ass, it's good enough for my face."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    My SO uses "Wet Ones" brand baby wipes to remove her makeup. She says "If it's good enough for a babies ass, it's good enough for my face."
    [SIZE="3"]My eyes a sensitive to alot of make up removers! Are Wet Ones easy on the eyes??

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

Thumbs down not good

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Keely Smith View Post
    [SIZE=3]My eyes a sensitive to alot of make up removers! Are Wet Ones easy on the eyes??[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Jennifer [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]NO they burn! At least my eyes, but I too have sensitive eyes![/SIZE]
    Last edited by Country girl; 02-12-2007 at 09:11 PM. Reason: add
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

Jennifer, they don't bother my SO's eyes at all. I have always used plain soap and water and baby oil for stubborn makeup and haven't tried the wipes yet, so I don't know how they would effect me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Country girl GG View Post
    [SIZE=3]Karren, Try waterproof mascara and eyeliner. They make long lasting lipstick that won't come off until you are ready for it to. Colorgirl in the blue box, with two tubes, is IMHO, the best. It is a base color with a clearcoat sealer that does double duty as a gloss. There are all kinds of waterproof makeup that is made especially for wet weather and would work with your issues. Also you can buy, at Walmart, equate[store brand] make up remover cloths in a pack of 30 for around 4 bucks. These will remove any and all traces of the makeup, waterproof and all. I have used these for about 6 years now and they are just as effective as name brand. Hope this helps. CG gg[/SIZE]
    Well the long lasting and waterproof makeup doesn't fit my "just in time" crossdressing technique... need something that cleans off quickly and shows little residue. One minute I could be enfemme, haf hour later in the board room infront of a bunch of executives for a meeting....

Makes life more fun that way!! hehe

Love Karren

.......My Photos

Karren, I've found that baby oil will remove anything. Have you tried it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    Karren, I've found that baby oil will remove anything. Have you tried it?
    Once... But my idea of quick cleanup is a a couple premoistened eye makeup removal pads, couple paper towels and a bottle of Desanti water.... Don't want to spend any more time in a port-a-john then I have to! Hehe

Love Karren

.......My Photos

I know what you mean about the porta-potties... I'm always afraid that I'll smell like one when I come out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

cold weather

Karen,
    I hope you get over the sniffles soon. As for cold we are getting hammered with cold here in Chicagoland area as well. It's been like 20 degrees below normal so my days of wearing sandals have been limited and I have the 3 inch heel boots out now and Jeans. We are expecting another 6 inches of snow today on top of the 5 inches we got yesterday, where the heck is Al Gores global warming? I too like my makeup to be easily removed and I use with great success make up remover from my Mary Kay girl friend from our Tri-ess group, it works great. I can't hardly wait for warmer temps although I do like the ability to hide my fem clothes under my heavy winter sweatshirts and coat.