Thread: Stem Cells Used to Grow Own Breast Implants

Stem Cells Used to Grow Own Breast Implants

"Some 39 women in Japan have undergone an experimental technique to create "stem cells" out of BUTT FAT, which is somehow "enriched," then injected into the breasts, ENLARGING them. The technique is hailed as a way for women to "grow their own breast implants." The EU approved the technique for Europe last week -- it's now legal. The scientists behind the invention, Kotaro Yoshimura, a surgeon at Tokyo University medical school, says that it will be commonplace within five years."

http://www.therawfeed.com/2007/02/st...wn-breast.html

Let the fantasizing begin!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    I saw this news item on a new website.
    I found it very interesting, but it is still fairly experimental and there are some minor drawbacks. It doesn't provide as much volume as current implant procedures. On the plus side, however, is the fact that it ends up building real breast tissue, usually with functional blood supply to the added fat due to the use of the stem cells that can be differentiated into blood vessels.

This is definitely something to keep an eye on. I think it sounds very promising for the future.
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

Interesting. You have to consider, however, if it is adaptable for men, it may be only for the serious minded. Otherwise, we may have to be prepared to do a lot of "splaining", Lucy.

I heard a couple a weeks ago about what can be grown from stem cells and one was fat. So hips and that fine behind can't be to far away.

I've been thinking about this overnight and wonder if/how you can chose the SIZE of the breasts that develop, or if they are based on your genetics.

I'd love to think that I could get a small B cup. Something big enough to fill a bra, but small enough that could be explained away as a medical condition, or even hidden under a shirt with a tight sports bra.

OTOH, imagine going in for the procedure then growing a D cup set of breasts (which is what runs in my family). THAT would take a bit of 'splaining!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Look out Europe here comes Kaitlin....I wonder if blue cross blue sheild covers that? haha
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Alone.............I guess I'm a hermitiss, maybe a Nun in waiting,
    Quite frankly, I don't want to "grow" any Fat, anywhere, on my pristine and Goddess Form.

Many large chested woman, would kill to have a nicely shaped "C" or "D"

Be careful what you wish for.

You just might not get rid of it, as easily as you got it !

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Round trip ticket for two Please

...uh yes ma'am, that will be two round trip tickets to Japan, please...expected return in a couple of weeks...

Look out now, Home grown T & A

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    So hips and that fine behind can't be to far away.
    Darn! You beat me to it!
    Seems also that they can get stem cells without a fetus now, very good news as it will take the politics out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    Darn! You beat me to it!
    Seems also that they can get stem cells without a fetus now, very good news as it will take the politics out of it.
    And the real story is that most of the positive results are coming from "adult" stem cells.

Banned Read only

Give it some time

and see if the fat stays there, is absorbed or in the case of fat injections a hard "skin" grows around it, the body sees it as an "invader".

To quote Dr Who "Time will tell, it always does"!

In that case does he do house calls in the SF bay area?

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    Darn! You beat me to it!
    As part of my treatment for male breast cancer, they extracted my own stem cells from my blood, using a machine. I was hooked to it for 3 to 5 hours several days, until they collected enough. Then I had a massive dose of chemo, and after flushing my system, the stem cells were re-introduced to replace destroyed marrow. It seems to have worked, because that was 8 years ago, and I'm still around. So, yes, fetuses aren't the only place to get stem cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Jere Oneil View Post
    As part of my treatment for male breast cancer, they extracted my own stem cells from my blood, using a machine. I was hooked to it for 3 to 5 hours several days, until they collected enough. Then I had a massive dose of chemo, and after flushing my system, the stem cells were re-introduced to replace destroyed marrow. It seems to have worked, because that was 8 years ago, and I'm still around. So, yes, fetuses aren't the only place to get stem cells.
    Not to get TOO off topic here, but the difference is between differentiated and non-differentiated stem cells. The ones taken from your bone marrow were differentiated, so they could ONLY grow into bone marrow. The holy grail of stem cells is the non-differentiated ones. They can (in theory) be 'convinced' to grow into ANY kind of cell.

BTW: Congrats on being cancer free for the past 8 years!!
    -- Robert Heinlein

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    I don't remember the specifics, but there is another process where they can grow any type of body cells. This too would allow breast tissue to be generated. When it is your own genetic material multiplied, there would be no body rejection. I think this is a process of adult stem cells that is working too. Not all the kinks are worked out yet. Something simple like breast tissue might be ready soon from this process. Maybe it is the same process as noted in Cristi's first posting as similar stem cells can be modified. I believe the problem with applying this to any type of cells for body repairs is the attachment of blood, nerves, etc. Fatty tissues however require very little blood!

P.S. They are working on replacement genital skin too...

I looked for a link, but I'm not sure of the source or key words to use.

You guys. I also heard that they have a way of making the human heart grow it's own arteries. So bypass surgery may be a thing of the past. Wouldn't that be something.