Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do so many women leave

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I agree with Kerry on this one. Honesty is the only way to make it work. How can the SO think clearly on anything about cd'ing when she doesn't have the whole picture?

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    My wife said that if I had told her early in the relationship that she would have left. The family trappings made her stay. Though we are happy together this is a facet of me she would flush down the drain immediately. We rarely talk about it and usely ends in tears/anger when we do.
    There would be hell to pay if she found out I just tried on one of her shoes.
    We are all different in this world what one person can accept anoether would run screaming from.
    If my wife decided to dress like a man for the rest of her life and shed her feminine self. The shoe would definitely be on the other foot. And things would sure be different. Maybe I can finally be the girl.
    My wife is a very strong person and can deal with a lot but not with me as a woman.
    Well stated and I'm darn glad the family aspect is there.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Honesty

Quote Originally Posted by discovery View Post
    Two years ago I told my wife of ten years (shes 35 me 52) as soon as I had come to the realization that I was a crosdresser(this is only a stepping stone to transsexual you know whether you believe it or not). She freaked. This is some one who is in the fashion industry, models, and circulates with all gender types seeminly with out issue. I guess it is fine when its out there but not in here. My wife threatened to commit suicide first of all then told me do whatever makes you happy. I can sense and always have been able to sense(female intuition) here moods feelings and changes. She really does not accept it even today. I WAS HONEST and UPFRONT in that I told her as soon as I knew. She does not even wish to talk about it anymore so I get a stone wall end of conversation. She would not have married me if she had known before. This I know. She is making plans already for her own life some of which she has shared with me. They did not include me however. I have done everything I can but oft times it is just not enough. Live and let live. I wish she was more accepting of differences and realized that we all are on a journey and none of us knows what really is around the next corner. I guess I expected more compassion and understanding but that is jsut the way it is.
    You're just suffering the consequences of not telling a woman the woman in you. I'm sorry and I feel empathy for you. Life is not fair and we need to learn how to roll with the punches or be miserable. Move on, I know that you will find a woman that understands the woman in you.

Jackie-Ann
    [SIZE="2"]I love to feel feminine[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    The truth early in the relationship is best, no if's ands or buts about it. No one can keep it a secret forever, the other person will find out from some mistake you make. credit cards, shipping, something in the car, makeup stain, stash found andbeing seen by someone are just a few ways to get caught. It might take years to get caught but you will. So why wait till it gets worse?

If she going to freak when you tell her and the marriage falls apart and you deal joint custody or visitation because you told her, don't you think thats exactly whats going to happen when she finds out anyways? Why waste years heading for a trainwreak. If she accepts it its great, if she doesn't you have alot longer to decide if YOU want to stay with someone that is unaccepting of you and more of your life available to find someone that will.

Being truthful

Quote Originally Posted by amanda barber View Post
    The truth early in the relationship is best, no if's ands or buts about it. No one can keep it a secret forever, the other person will find out from some mistake you make. credit cards, shipping, something in the car, makeup stain, stash found andbeing seen by someone are just a few ways to get caught. It might take years to get caught but you will. So why wait till it gets worse?

If she going to freak when you tell her and the marriage falls apart and you deal joint custody or visitation because you told her, don't you think thats exactly whats going to happen when she finds out anyways? Why waste years heading for a trainwreak. If she accepts it its great, if she doesn't you have alot longer to decide if YOU want to stay with someone that is unaccepting of you and more of your life available to find someone that will.
    Well said, indeed !!...I'm with you although I never experience "caught CDing". My SO's always knew about Jackie-Ann before a relationship got on the way. I believe, its not fair to a GG to accept a feminine man without knowing. I believe is a very delicate subject to be confessed later. Its just not right !!
    I'm a very extroverted person.In my male persona you cannot tell my feminine side but inside of me is the need to express and live my female side.I don't dress always, I never went out enfemme, I wouldn't pass and to me is embarrassing to be in public looking and feeling "like a freak". I never had the opportunity to meet others like me and their SO's. My SO will go with it but I never had the connections, sort of speak. I would like to be in a private setting with a group of CD's and their SO's, that I know I would enjoy with my SO.
    [SIZE="2"]I love to feel feminine[/SIZE]