Thread: A forced hiatus from CDing

A forced hiatus from CDing

Talk about frustrating...

I am married to a loving woman that totally accepts my dressing. She even shops with me and for me!! Dressing has never been a problem for me. I have a daughter who is now 4 years old and that has made things challenging, but has not stopped me. I just have to dress later at night or take weekend trips etc. So my CD life has been fairly easy... until recently.

I have been forced into a situation that will not allow me to dress (or at least to the level I would like). I suffered an injury to my foot last year and it had gotten so bad that it required surgery. I could not wear my heels for months before the operation. (The shoes are what do it for me, complete the package you know!) Now putting on a woman's shoe is even further from a possibilty for me.

It has been 6 months since I was able to completely dress-up. I have tried to do everything but the shoes, but that doesn't seem to satisfy my visual need to be "complete".

I have this intense desire to do it, my wife accepts it, I am allowed to do it whenever I want.... AND I CAN'T!!!!! I think I am going crazy.

This is seriously affecting my mood. I never thought that CDing was such a big part of my personality, but take it away and it really does get to me! I gotta get back into those shoes!
    I just can't tame the girl inside me!

Hi Dani,If it matters any I'd be going crazy too.CD'ing is one of life's greatest pleasures and I get angry and annoyed if I have to go without it for a prolonged period of time.So my prayers and best wishes are with you and I hope that you'll be in heels and everything else fine and that you won't have to wait for that too much longer.Samantha

It is always strange for me when I have to put "guy" stuff on to go outside and goto the post office or something. I always change back into my skirt or dress immediately when I return so I feel normal again.
    I haven't had a problem with not being able to wear something though.
    Hopefully, you will be able to get those shoes on soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do What The MD Say's

Just take care of your self now so you can ware your heels in the furture.

Dani, I totally know where you are coming from. A few years ago I tore my achillies tendon, had surgery and was on crutches for 8 weeks and in a walking boot for another month. Rehab was slow, but unfortunately my appetite wasn't. I put on over 70 pounds and couldn't wear most of my old things. And my ankle wasn't strong enough to wear most heels. At first it was like 1" heels only and I definately wasn't liking that. Like you I want to dress completely and in my best things. My wife bought me a few outfits, but I didn't look or feel right. I really took all the pleasure outta things for me. It took some time, but I lost a little weight and with exercise got my ankle strong enough to wear 5" heels, though not as long as I would like.

I've made concessions, I'll put on a skirt and heels to put up the laundry or do the dishes. I've only dressed up fully a few times in the past year and that's been because my wife really wanted me to. I still have the desire to dress, I'm just not happy with what I see and what I can do right now. I know that I'll get back to where I am happy with myself and will start dressing more and I know that you'll get there too, it just takes time.
    Krissi

Ekkkk.... Well you could always get femmed up less the shoes and take some photos and use photoshop and past a set over your feet... Probably wouldn't help much... How about if you dres up and your wife wears your shoes... Kind of a proxey? Nahhhh... That's a tough one!!

Couldn't take a pair and doctor them up some how so they slip on easily and don't injure your injury? Cut the back out of a pair of pumps so they slip straight in... You'd have to sacrifice a pair or two but At least that way you could sit there with them on...

Just thinking out loud...

Got it!!! Virtual reality goggles!!! You could get femmed up and put on the goggles and when ever you looked down at your feet you'd see heels on them!! Technology solves another perplexing crossdressing problem!! Hehe. Probably have to seel all your shoes to be able to afford the goggles.... Ohh wellll

Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-14-2007 at 04:22 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I feel for ya on the frustration level , I just could not go w/o , give me femme casual wear , or give me death !!!!!!!!
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Could you maybe buy a pair ot two in a size that you could wear? At least when you are sitting down maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe a pair of nice girly-looking flats would help. Shouldn't be any harder on your foot than men's shoes.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

thats a buuumer

susie

Junior Member MelissaAndProudOfIt's Avatar

Wink A forced hiatus from CDing

I am married to a loving woman that totally accepts my dressing. She even shops with me and for me!! Dressing has never been a problem for me. I have a daughter who is now 4 years old and that has made things challenging, but has not stopped me. I just have to dress later at night or take weekend trips etc. So my CD life has been fairly easy... until recently.

I have been forced into a situation that will not allow me to dress (or at least to the level I would like). I suffered an injury to my foot last year and it had gotten so bad that it required surgery. I could not wear my heels for months before the operation. (The shoes are what do it for me, complete the package you know!)

Well, obviously be careful regarding the swelling of you're feet, due to operation. maybe could suggest some therapy of some sort to aid a faster recovery, like some physio and also another thing what my mum did when she had her foot come off apart from the sinew of muscle and main artery (horror!!) which was spared in her fall... she rested up her feet on a cushion each night slightly higher than the level of her heart when in lying down posistion, this over night helped to reduce swelling faster and made it over time feel far easier... maybe this might help you. If also your doctor said it would be fine for you to walk, could i also suggest that you walk around bare footed for a period of time, as this will be automatic physio for your feet, and this will strengthen the foot muscles and possibly also help increase blood flow and aid a speedier recovery. As shoes though comfy reduce the ability for muscle recovery by absorbing the walking weight, which can prove actually more benificial...ok...

Good luck with the shoes Dani I now what your saying I love my heels also
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Danigyrl29 View Post

I have been forced into a situation that will not allow me to dress (or at least to the level I would like). I suffered an injury to my foot last year and it had gotten so bad that it required surgery. I could not wear my heels for months before the operation. (The shoes are what do it for me, complete the package you know!) Now putting on a woman's shoe is even further from a possibilty for me.

It has been 6 months since I was able to completely dress-up. I have tried to do everything but the shoes, but that doesn't seem to satisfy my visual need to be "complete".

I have this intense desire to do it, my wife accepts it, I am allowed to do it whenever I want.... AND I CAN'T!!!!! I think I am going crazy.

This is seriously affecting my mood. I never thought that CDing was such a big part of my personality, but take it away and it really does get to me! I gotta get back into those shoes!
    Daingyrl,
    I know how you feel. 2 years ago, I had two operations to correct "hallus valgus" (sometimes called bunnions) because my big toes were quite badly bent. Basically, they cut the toe bones and re-joined them at different angles. To allow the bones to heal I was on crutches for 3 months each time, and had to wait almost 6 months after to put any serious load (like running and badminton) on my feet. My right toe still dangles downwards, and I can't lift it up, so getting my feet into high heeled pumps is not possible. I'd worn 4" heels before, but badly wanted a 5" pair, and I thought I may never be able to wear high heels again. However, I've been out and bought some 5" strappy sandals, and can guide my foot in through the open toe. Bingo, and they're not too difficult to walk in either. I don't know what your problem was, but with time, maybe you will also find that there is a solution to your problem. Be thankful for what you have, you have a loving and accepting wife. That is worth a million dollars. My wife is not accepting at all, and although I'll never leave her, I love her in other ways far too much for that, I do feel I'll never get anywhere near my crossdressing goals in my closet. As Joni Mitchel sang in Big Yellow Taxi, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone".

All the best,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Danigyrl29 View Post
    (The shoes are what do it for me, complete the package you know!) Now putting on a woman's shoe is even further from a possibilty for me.

It sounds like you should just get dressed up anyway, Dani. Better than going stir-crazy. GGs get foot problems, too. Doesn't stop them dressing up, going out, and having a good time.

I can relate, to a degree. I have sciatica, and I can't wear heels as much as I'd like. When I ruptured a disc, a few years ago, I was in quite a bit of pain and it was very difficult to dress up. Wearing any sort of heel would've been insane. Even shaving my legs was a painful, protracted task. But I managed to get dressed up a couple of times.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Leigh View Post
    It sounds like you should just get dressed up anyway, Dani. Better than going stir-crazy. GGs get foot problems, too. Doesn't stop them dressing up, going out, and having a good time.

I can relate, to a degree. I have sciatica, and I can't wear heels as much as I'd like. When I ruptured a disc, a few years ago, I was in quite a bit of pain and it was very difficult to dress up. Wearing any sort of heel would've been insane. Even shaving my legs was a painful, protracted task. But I managed to get dressed up a couple of times.

Robin
    Yes I know all too well about disks. I have a partially compressed one that gives me trouble if I twist the wrong way while even carrying the laundry basket. I have to be real carefull. I do have a script for 800mg Ibuprophen that I only use when this happens. My Dr. will re-up it any time I need it too.
    It helps with the inflamation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Feel the pain too

I too can relate, try rehabing ACL, talk about tough, first you have to learn to walk again, then again still, in heels...at any rate, good luck...

I had my big toe smashed with a hammer one day and it was a long time before I could walk right again. Maybe about 3-4 months at least. I jokingly asked him if he knew what he was doing one morning before he had enough coffee... He did pay the medical bills and was truely sorry he reacted that way. We still talk once in a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Understand

Hi Dani
    I know what ur going through!! I Loved wearing heels too but i am going through problems too and have to find a new shoes now days that I can wear and NOT so high, I have prethies in my left hip that wearing heels make it hurt and tryed different ways to make wearing heels more comfortable. Nope can't and won't work enless I have the right Heel cut down about a 1/2 inch or maybe more..
    So soon u be able to wear ur heels again give it some time.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Hello Dani, I know your frustration you are going through. A few years ago I had an in-grown toenail in my big toe. Due to me being diabetic complications arose and the bone in my toe became infected. As a result my podiatrist said that I was facing the possiblity of having my toe amputated in order to stop the infection from spreading. I had to wear a medical sandal and had to soak and clean my toe twice a day, addition to the daily worrying about having my toe amputated.

It took several months for the toe to heel. Which ment several months of not dressing, since I was unable to wear hose let alone shoes. Luckily my toe heeled. The long lasting result is that I have to be careful with the shoes I wear meaning I mainly have to stick to open toe sandals. I would love to wear closed to shoes, but when I wear them I can feel my toes getting squished and I have to take them off after a few minutes.

The one thing to lok foward to is hopefully when every thing heals, and you are able to dress up again it will be like dressing up for the first time. Jocelyn

Never knew everyone was so decrepid.

Sorry you cant wear your heels right now. I know how you feel since I am sitting home with my foot propped up now with a broken ankle