Thread: Wonderful Day and a Question

Wonderful Day and a Question

Friday was a wonderful day. So many things happened that it makes my head dizzy as I think about them. My opportunities to dress are not nearly what I need so every now and then I make a free day for myself and rent a motel room. Friday I rented a room in central Phoenix near a large shopping center.

I checked in about 9:15 am and immediately got to work with the Nair. I have shaved for several years but never tried this method to make my legs nice and smooth. I loved the results. No irritation. After my shower, I dressed fixed my hair and headed for the Mall. . For this trip I wore a white knit top and a full black broom skirt with 2” heels. The only makeup I wore was some pale lipstick.

I was heading for Macys for a professional makeup application. I’ve never done this and Im not sure what the reaction from the SA will be, but all she can do is say no. I walked in the entrance and right in front of me is the Este Lauder counter. Ida, the SA had just finished with another customer. I must have looked a little lost because she asked me if he could help me. I said yes and told her what I wanted. She directed me to a stool and the fun began. Here I was, sitting in the open in front of the entire world! Am I crazy?? During the entire process, not a person except for handsome man about my age, gave me a second look. He winked at me. Gulp!! As Ida made each application she explained what she was doing and why. The whole procedure was filled with wonderful girl talk. I learned a lot about my specific makeup needs I think she took about 30 minutes and once she left me all alone to answer a telephone call. This was a little scary. The best part was at the end. The results of the application were wonderful. I looked like a totally different girl. The makeup was more subtle that I would have done. As we were finishing she told me how much she enjoyed talking to me and complimented me on my appearance. She told me my outfit was really lovely.

After this experience, Mother Nature was calling so I asked a SA in purses where the ladies room was located. I proceeded to the second floor in the lingerie department and answered the call. I encountered several women during the trip and in the rest room and none of them except one gave me a second look. This one gave me a big smile and a hello. I think she thought she knew me!

After this I walked the mall for a few minutes and found I was viewed as just one of the girls. Nobody gave me a second look. I even tried looking at the reflections in the store windows to see if I got any second looks after people passed me. None did.

Left the mall and drove to a wig store in downtown Phoenix. I’ve made several purchases there in the past. Found a wig I liked with little or no trouble. Needs a little shaping but I really love the basic style.

After the wig shop I drove to a Burger King and took lunch back to the motel.

Much of the fun in a “Susan Day” is getting to wear various outfits. For the trip to the wig shop I wore the same top, a long lavender skirt and shoe/boots with about a 3” heel. During the next trip I want to look for a dress. I decide I will give in to current fashion and wear my white top, shoe/boots and jeans. I’m not a big fan of jeans but what the heck ------ a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Fashion is gueen (not king). I really saw very few skirts in the mall.

I drove to Ross’ to see what I could find. I should say here, that I’ve never shopped for a dress. I love skirts, but my entire wardrobe consists of separates. Making my way through the mass of humanity at the checkout counters (need more help) I find the dresses in my size, I think? Passed through the gate keeper at the changing room without any difficulty. I found two that I really liked. The first was a floral print sheath slightly about knee length, cap sleeves, with a front tying belt attached to each side of the waist. It does a wonderful job of pulling the dress forward to accentuate the derriere and the front bow accentuates the breasts. The frosting on the cake-----it was a perfect fit and greatly reduced.

The second was a royal blue two piece. The dress was a jumper style with a fuller skirt and the jacket was a beautiful semi box style. It was truly elegant and again a steal. What do I do? I came for just one dress. You know the answer--- I bought two. I am just thrilled. Pictures will follow. Never, ever did I think I would have this kind of luck on my first dress-shopping trip.

Ohhhhh what a day. It left me with such a yummy feeling. Going back to the real world was a cruel adjustment.

Huggs to all,

Susan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now for the Question: Anyone have a suggestion for managing the zipper on the back of the dress. Some years back I threaded a coat hanger through a hole in the pull. Neither of the pulls on these dresses had a hole in the pull. What’s a girl to do? Is there an easy way ? I managed to get both of them up, but I’m glad no one had a video camera on me.

Short Skirts & Long Legs

I envy you !!!

I don't know how long it took you to get there, but for me its a minmum of 1 1/2 hour drive to enjoy a day out and about en-femme...

Wow!! What a great trip!!

And as far as the zipper... I just reach back behind and grab the bottom of the zipper with the left hand and the tab with the right and zip it up as high as I can... Then I reaching up and over my head with the right hand and regrab the tab, pulling it all the way to the top while still holding the bottom of the zipper with my left hand...

Isn't that how its done in the handbook?? Hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

for your zipper quandry i would suggest an alligator clip and tie some string to it makes for a good ziiper pull

sounds like you had a good adventure to me

susie

Pertaining to your question about zippers.....
    There used to be a thing for putting on bracelets years ago... I can't remember who made it... But all it was, was a telescopic antenna like the ones on old pocket FM radios or on kiddie walkie-talkies, with an aligator clip attached on the end of it.
    Maybe it needs to be re-invented again.
    I never had one, but it looked like it would work great for zippers without the hole in the end as well.
    It might not if the zipper is a tight one.

I had to edit this to add one more thing that might work if the zipper has any iron in it.
    Sears sells a powerful magnet on a telescoping antenna like the thing I just described, and it had a pocket clip too. If this won't work, take the magnet off and crimp or solder an aligator clip on it. You could make look quite professional.
    Last edited by marie354; 02-15-2007 at 10:05 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That sounds good unless you are handicaped, then you use a christmas tree hook and a piece of string, to zip the zipper. My elbow doen't bend like yours does, so I have to make an adjustment to how I do things, but I enjoy them as much as you do...BJ

zippers might be hard to deal with, but it sounds like a great outting!!!
    Tina B.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

wonderful day and a question

What a great day you had, congrats and I wish the same for all of us.
    As for the zipper dilemma I am lost, my body does not bend like a real woman so I avoid back zippers when possible and have my wife zipp me up if I really must have the dress.