Thread: Better Person

Better Person

I wonder if I am the only one who has felt this way. I cam get to be a real pain in the butt, crabby all the time, short tempered, kind of a A hole then I will find the time to dress for a while and I become a better person. It's almost like medicine no doctor could prescribe. I feel more centered and grounded after dressing. Then I am OK for a few weeks. After a few weeks I need a fix or I am a nut case all over. Has anyone ever felt like that? Or am I just kookie?

Oh Yea! My SO says that I am much more relaxed and at ease now that I am dressing almost 24/7. I have always wanted to do this and I finally can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not relly.. I'm just as up beat in male mode as female mode.. Just prettier in the latter..

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Some folks , snort for it , some jabb a vien for it , all we have to do is just put on a dress
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    You're not kookie.

Rather than waiting until you "haveta gotta" dress, why not plan out some time in advance to let off some of that pressure? From your post it almost sounds like you're not aware of when you're going to need it until you need it. If that's not the case then just ignore this next bit of advice. But if it is the case, see if you can notice any changes in how you're feeling before that need hits big time. It may be tough at first and there may be some times when you can notice it and other times when you can't, but like anything the more you do it the easier it gets.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

I like that!Well said.......and we're harmless!
    dann

"It's a great big white world, if we are drained of our colors."

"Think for yourself. Question authority"

My SO is always telling me I'm more relaxed when dressed.

try to maintain the same possitave out look and spirit no matter how i'am dressed

susie

Just every day I have to dress. Or I turn into a real NOT NICE person. Tonight it's a fuzzy sweater and my flannel jammie pants. It's cold here...BJ

Thanks

Casey & BJ

Thanks for the advice. I have not been able or should I say I have been ignoring the need until it's too late. I love to hate it. I don't like the fact that I love it so much. I know it's strange. I guess I have a little internal stuggle going on. I do think that even though I love dressing I don't like the lable crossdressing. I am just me not that guy who crossdresses. Any of that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by the femm side of me View Post
    Casey & BJ

Thanks for the advice. I have not been able or should I say I have been ignoring the need until it's too late. I love to hate it. I don't like the fact that I love it so much. I know it's strange. I guess I have a little internal stuggle going on. I do think that even though I love dressing I don't like the lable crossdressing. I am just me not that guy who crossdresses. Any of that make sense?
    Perfect sense. I don't like labels, but at the same time I have accepted the fact that I am a crossdresser. Remember, all it REALLY means (contrary to popular belief) is that you like to wear women's clothing. Anything else people associate with it is simply a stereotype and not something you or anyone else has to buy into. As for your initial post about getting irritable, you are not alone. I too have been known to get cranky when I go without dressing...so I try and do it more often now.
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    You're very welcome, and as phil_jessica says, you're making perfect sense. It sounds like you're getting something out of that anger/irritibility. It's letting you express that anger over the fact that you like to dress so much. (I'm saying "this is so" but it's really just my opinion; please approach it as such.) Finding it strange that you hate liking it so much is part of what you're experiencing, too.

Who is "that guy who crossdresses"? Or are you saying that you are more than a guy who crossdresses? If you are drawing a distinction between yourself and what you believe a guy who crossdresses is, then that may be where you need to look.

If you are acknowledging that there is more to you than just the fact that you crossdress, you're right. I'm transgendered. (I identify as an androgyne, but you can also call me genderqueer or simply TG.) I like to say that "transgendered" modifies "person", not the other way around. Transgendered is an adjective for who I am, not the definition of who I am. And in exactly the same way, being a crossdresser is an adjective for who you are, not the definition of who you are.

I'll stop before I go off on a tangent that assumes who you are based on my own experiences. But as phil_jessica says, all crossdressing means in your case is that you wear women's clothes. It makes no other assumptions about who you are. The label, or as I like to say, the identity, of crossdresser (that's what you mean, yes?) does or can say a few other things about you. But you don't have to identify as, or label yourself, anything.

There are a lot more things I could say. But what's truly important is what YOU say. Other people's opinions of us are interesting; our opinions of ourselves are vital.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Yours is not an uncommon story, most do it as a need, and are afraid or ashamed of what they are doing until they come to terms with it, you are who you are, and like it or not, you are most likly going stay who you are, so you need to learn to live with it.
    As far as the label thing goes, we all live with a lot of lables, son, father, worker, boss, man/woman, jock, or crossdresser, it is just how others see you, not how you have to see yourself. And crossdresser is not so bad, we used to be called Transvestites, and it got such a bad rap, we changed it ourselves to crossdresser, because we didn't all fit the mold of what was called a transvestite, so we found a way to say, yes I wear a dress, it's no big deal!
    Tina B.

makeup by paintball :)
    i feel more than when dressed , im me but with a a more reasoned approach to things
    is a new day , is a new life for me and im feeling GOOD

Not as good as sex but it does put me in a certain euphoric state when everything is just right.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Happier = better

I wouldn't say he's a better person - he's just happier and more relaxed. All in all, he's always been a pretty good person.

CDing has made a difference in his outlook, though. He doesn't grouse as much or fly off the handle as easily. Can still be demanding and gruff - but it doesn't go on for days, he gets over annoyances faster since he "came out of the closet" (at warp speed, IMO)

Great info

Thanks for all your input. I have been reading them and listening to all of you. This board has been a life saver. It grate to know I am not walking this path alone. There seems to be many good people here with me.
    Last edited by the femm side of me; 02-16-2007 at 04:57 PM.

I try to be a kind, pleasant, positive person regardless of how I'm dressed, and I think that, for the most part, I am. However, I think that I have learned about my self in ways that have made me better because of my dressing.
    Either way, I enjoy life. I just enjoy it a little more when I'm wearing a dress--lol!
    warmly, Linnea