Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you get those days ??

Sorta like today? Yeah, I've been sick for two days so it's all I can do to get to class, much less put any effort into apperance.

It's why most days I DON'T CD. I'm sloppy as it is as a guy (and you know that can be VERY sloppy ) and some days just shaving seems to be too much bother. I'm more interested in getting on with my life than impressing the world with my startling good looks. (good thing too, seeing as the SGL are in short supply... )
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

makeup by paintball :)
    too true
    is a new day , is a new life for me and im feeling GOOD

It's not unusual for me to get that way. I'm totally dressed, complete with makeup almost every day. Sometimes I feel like I'd really like to go without all of this for a day or two but I always seem to get things done. And I always feel better after I'm through with it all.
    Kisses, Linda

Silver Member Iniquity Blonde GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    It's why most days I DON'T CD. I'm sloppy as it is as a guy (and you know that can be VERY sloppy ) and some days just shaving seems to be too much bother. I'm more interested in getting on with my life than impressing the world with my startling good looks. (good thing too, seeing as the SGL are in short supply... )
    lol arrrh well even the least effort can still look good
    [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

I get an odd day like that myself. Usually getting dressed is the first thing on my mind each day. But, with the weather being soooo cold the last few weeks, I've ended up in a sweatshirt and jeans lately. Maybe it's just the winter blues. Today is Saturday, and Suzie still hasn't shown up yet! I thinks she gettin' cabin fever! Send help.......
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Sometimes especially on Fridays after working all day I am a bit tired. I will have plans that I made with other girls ahead of time so I have to go out. I will admit sometimes I really am not motivated to go in the bathroom and start the 2 hour process to convert over to Deidra Mode.

However just about everytime as soon as I am finished I perk right back up and find myself in a good mood once dressed up. Then its off to Starbucks to get a big cup of coffee and head on to the clubs.

thank you all for ur input i was really quite surrpised with some of ur replies !! but very much appreciated
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

The chances where I really get to be dolled up are so few that each time becomes quite special. For those of us that only get to dress on occasion the effort is actually a pleasure. For cd's that have the opportunity to dress frequently or full time I could see the luster tarnishing a bit.

Platinum Member
    i just got done with 5 of them days in a row .... up at 3 am and out the door by 4 am ... back home by from 3 pm till abought 6 pm .... although a temp thing relay knocked my system for a loop... not a lot of Wendy maintenance was going on lol ..... muck better today .......

Quote Originally Posted by wickedblonde GG View Post
    Do any of you get those days when you really carnt be bothered to do your c/d ?? speaking from a GG point of view, some days its just an effort to make a "effort" !! & i was wondering if it gets abit of a chore doing it sometimes
    i dont wear make-up ( never have ), so that isnt an issue for me, but i would imagin doing it, then taking it off each night, does it because a niggle ? seriously, there are days when us GG's just love slopping around in joggers or whatever , and not having to worry what we look like, and whom see us !! just wondered if ever any of you get those days with the c/d
    All the time actually. I mean its nice looking pretty and all, but it really becomes a chore at times. There are just instances that you want to dress simple and get stuff done. I guess its really depends on your mood and where you really want to go or who you want to meet. And yes, I share that sentiment too, sometimes you just dont want to have to worry about appearances, and its nice having an SO who can look beyond physical attributes.

im having one of those carnt be bothered look days lol !! just jogging bottoms & t-shirt on. sundays is "slob" day lol
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

got to say that my CDR does and I can't figure, but it does drive me up the wall sometimes especially as we have had to make the most of the time we do have, due to having a 10yr old and a 23 yr old living with us and they know nothing about Claire.

looking forward to the day when it all becomes the norm rather than the exception

jess
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Do I ever have one of those days? Absolutely. There are some days when I just don't feel the inclination to dress as Michelle. Fortunately, those days don't happen often--but they do happen. I suppose it's only human nature for all of us, whether CD,GG,GM, MTF,FTM you name it.
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

i noticed something as well today , a conversation i was having with some other GG's ( not from forum ), that now adays, they just prefer jeans, top, not skirts. one made comment that women (some i may add ), feel abit intimated wearing a skirt !! dunno why ?? think its a comfort thing myself, but i must admit its very rare i see a GG wearing a skirt !! i do like them, but prefer trousers to be honest !!
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    is there times that i don't feel like cd ? yes. recently due to medical reasons, I was not feeling well for at least 3 weeks and during that time period I had zero desire to dress up at all.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Dear Wicked One!

I only get about 3 chances a week to transform, and I've never been in the
    "can't bother" mood.

For me it's more like, I can't be bothered to take it all off.

I outed myself to my family because I just couldn't bear to spoil an awesome nail polish job before a saturday family visit, when I planned to go out sunday night.

That would be quite a balancing point for me, should I ever feel like *not* making up and dressing up.

I am considering a new initiative to find a look with *minimal* make-up, as most gg's seem to be most of the time. I might even have to grow hair on this bald head of mine and get a !!gack!! hairpiece. It would be nice to find a low-maintenance fem look that works with jeans and a hoodie.

Blessed Be!

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Crossdressing is the creation of an illusion of femininity. It is done for (mostly) creating an idea, a feeling that goes with the image and so if you are male it is by choice and doesn't disappoint anyone if you can't be bothered.

Women are bombarded with images that are an expectation of what the media says they should be, to fullfill the role as a sexy adequate woman. This is a burden that is unfair...but then so is not farting, not burping the National Anthem and slumming in front of the football game.

You're allowed a day off.....but not too many. Baggy jogging pants and slippers are right up there with black sabbath t-shirt and body odour. You've been warned.

is in her vest
    Hi

most of my days arre the cant be bothered days....I so rarely go all the way with makeup and femme outerwear. But yes, I could imagine that I would tire of always having to have my hair, face and clothing just right.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Not every day is a CD day. When I do dress it's how I feel that tells me how far to go. Sometimes it's just panties, pantyhose jeans and flats, other times it's full makeup and skirt & blouse.
    I can still remember saying to my wife of now 39 years, what is taking you so long to get ready to go out.

Agree with Toya.

I went about 4 months without dressing at all. Then, I have done it twice, within a week, and took photos. I either dress all the way-wig, makeup, stuffed bra, pantyhose, and heels, and dress, or skirt and top. No partial dressing.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Short answer: yes and no.

When I first started dressing the answer was no, I never found it a chore not for second. Then after dressing kinda became a more common thing in my life the answer would be yes, it was a chore, especially full makeup. Two hours to get ready just to go out to buy groceries en femme. Nowadays, I've gotten much better and faster at applying makeup and with my new wig (see avatar) as a motivating thing that I love wearing, I no longer find it a chore..... just enjoyable.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

nope cant say i do i like getting dressed putting on makeup and all them good things some times for days or weeks at a time my wife is the same never gets old

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Ask me that question again?

I was going to post something pseudo-intellectual, but Sue isn't talking to me right now

Some days or nights (I work shifts) I come home cook a meal, throw on my male slops or mix 'n' match and veg in front of the box.........

Then there others when I cant wait to dress had to toe

Going with the flow is my rule of thumb these days

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    Crossdressing is the creation of an illusion of femininity. It is done for (mostly) creating an idea, a feeling that goes with the image and so if you are male it is by choice and doesn't disappoint anyone if you can't be bothered.

Women are bombarded with images that are an expectation of what the media says they should be, to fullfill the role as a sexy adequate woman. This is a burden that is unfair...but then so is not farting, not burping the National Anthem and slumming in front of the football game.

You're allowed a day off.....but not too many. Baggy jogging pants and slippers are right up there with black sabbath t-shirt and body odour. You've been warned.

that is the point though, and well said !! the "media" do portray that women should look good 24/7 :mad: its impossible !! unless you have a montrage of people following you everywhere & seeing to your every need :mad:
    "real" women are the ones who DONT have to look decent 24/7, who DONT care if their hair or mak-up isnt spot on, being YOU is the main thing not what people perceive you should be
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]