Thread: Today's outing

Today's outing

It was my first opportunity to get out and about in quite awhile. Went with a GG friend. I wore new black leggings and black and amethyst sweater from LB Catalog, blue winter boots also from LB, and a white and blue coat from QVC.

It was crowded everywhere today. I think people were just getting out after our blizzard here in NY. First stop was a grocery store. Went all around the store picking up fixin's for my famous chili. Checkout lines were long. No issues at all, other shoppers talked to us while we waited. The checkout girl chatted away while she rang us out. Only when she was done and handed me my change, she took a real long look. But, worst case scenario, she'll have a story to tell when she goes home.

Then we were off to Jo Ann's Fabrics, a domain frequented almost exclusively by women. Searched for the perfect fabric for a "June Cleaver" type apron for me, but didn't find anything.

From there we headed to Walmart. There we found fabric but they didn't have enough of the lace we wanted. It took forever at the fabric counter but the SA was being very helpful and chatty. She was going to call another store but couldn't find the number, but we said we'd check the store as it was actually closer to home anyway.

Then the HIGH spot of my day. We checked out with our purchases and as we were walking out we got a "Have a nice afternoon LADIES". Well, I floated out through the parking lot.

From there we went to our hometown Walmart which is a little more "iffy" since there's a good risk of running into people I know. I did see people I knew but they didn't see me and I'm guessing they wouldn't recognize me anyway. We got the lace we were looking for and then headed on home.

Another successful outing, dressed to blend, and no problems whatsoever.

Pics are in the Picture section.

Joyce
    Visit my website at:
    http://www.geocities.com/joyce1702/

[SIZE="3"]"Make Music Not War"[/SIZE]

Just wonderful Joyce. Sounds as though you had a great day. And of course being called maam or ladies is aways a nice touch.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]