Thread: Fantastic insult!

Fantastic insult!

In recent months I have been growing my hair again, and I am pleased to report that it is now shoulder length. I am also continuing to pluck my eyebrows rather thinly, and wear earrings as per usual. Anyway, last week at work I was speaking to a none-too-friendly colleague who decided to pass comment on it. He said that with my long hair and earrings, he bet that people must mistake me for a girl all the time. With that, he walked away laughing, content in the thought that he had insulted me. The opposite was in fact true though, and he had inadvertantly given me quite a compliment, and put a huge smile on my face as he walked away.

Anyway, just had to share that with someone!

Kate xxx
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

He didn't compliment your makeup? What a jerk!
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

You know he's only picking on you because he likes you.

Edit: Just kidding. Sarcasm at that guy's expense.
    Last edited by Valerie Nicole; 02-18-2007 at 08:51 PM.
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

Thought he was putting you down eh? What a great attitude you have. I would have smiled too if it were me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<rant>

That is really one of the things that is wrong with our society: That in this day and age all it takes to insult somebody (in some people's minds) is to compare them to a woman or point out that they have some feminine atributes.

So, if female attributes are so 'bad' that just pointing out that you have some is an insult, is he also insulting about 1/2 the world's population, about 3,000,000,000 people??

What a jerk...
    </rant>
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

What is wrong with people and their mouths ? "If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all." On the same note, you can't expect all people to behave like you would like them too. You did good. Just don't expect him to stop. Just give him a big grin when ever you see him. He will wonder if your planing something.

Good for you, Kate. All you can do is laugh at these idiots.

Exactly! Thanks for all your comments girls. I see any such remarks to be complimentary so there really is nothing he could say that could ever upset me. Amusingly, as I am still a man (and about a foot taller then him) I could, if I wanted to, break him. Now wouldn't that be embarrassing... :-)

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

Aspiring Member
    You've got a great additude. Your definately the better person here!

You handled it well. If he really knew I guess he would really have been uncomfortable. I think he is a little worried about himself and his sexuaiity!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by KateW View Post
    Exactly! . Amusingly, as I am still a man (and about a foot taller then him) I could, if I wanted to, break him. Now wouldn't that be embarrassing... :-)
    I taught in a school for kids who were one foot from being in prison. One day I was assaulted and I took the little "child" to the office, and the kid was allowed back into my class the next day. I spoke to my union rep. and he told me to take the kid into a closet and teach him to keep his hands to himself. Yeah that will work all right. I'd have been fired just on the kids word alone. Violence never works for those who are right.

And his next line...

"Uhh, so, can I mistake you for a girl sometime?" :be:

It sounds like you had the last laugh Kate,If the guy won't cut it out then the next holiday that it's convenient you could send him one of those online cards with a picture of yourself enfemme.you could personalize it with Love and Kisses from Kate.Maybe give it to him in front of his wife or girlfreind if he's got one.

Kate... If you give him that big, "you ain't go a clue" smile whenever he says something like that, he'll eventually be baffled for sure... And he'll never figure it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Kate, At first I thought, the jerk needs to be punched, but then I read on to find he's about a foot shorter than you. He seems to have "little man" syndrome. Thats when his size makes him feel less of a man so he tries to act and talk big and bad. When you get right down to the facts, you are and will always be more of a true and complete man than he will ever dream of. Keep up the good work and share some pictures with us of your long hair. Take care Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Just another 'Gurl'
    Hi, love it.
    Just another man in a dress

Aspiring Member
    Kate,
    I think I would had to say thank you for the compliment.

Its hard not to make a smart comment back but a thankyou your opinion
    means so much to me, you little sac of ***** .
    Some people are so stupid with what they say and have no idea that their
    insult may be a compliment.
    It is nice to get the last laugh.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Didnt ask him to get you a Pe*si? How about a visit to the van to listen to some Hendrix? Maybe tell him you want a lava lamp for the Christmas gift exchange?

I thought you handled it perfectly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

I used to have long hair, and my co workers, family and some friends really pressured me to cut it, eventually I caved in. But everyone that pressured me used the same idea that people would mistake me for a woman, if they only knew, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlin View Post
    Keep up the good work and share some pictures with us of your long hair. Take care Kaitlin
    I'd love to but the thought still scares me a little! I really will one day though, as you girls mean a lot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    What is wrong with people and their mouths ? "If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all." On the same note, you can't expect all people to behave like you would like them too. You did good. Just don't expect him to stop. Just give him a big grin when ever you see him. He will wonder if your planing something.
    I agree with you here.. its really no ones else's business if you wear your hair long or not.. I have seen a lot stranger things in my time than a guy with long hair..
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I often get told by people that when seen from behind, sitting down, I could be mistaken for a woman. My hair is longer than my shoulder bladse and if worn loose, flows very nicely.

Of course, if I'm standing up, no one has ever made that comment.

Smile It`s a compliment for sure.

Screw that little jerk.Just why do men get so upset about any feminine attributes whatsoever? He`s probably the biggest closet queen at your work place,in denial and overcompensating. Angela. :GE: