Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masonic Lodge

Masonic Lodge

I am worried about someone form Lodge seeing me out dressed up, and then being asked to leave Lodge because of un-mason like conduct.

Is there any one who is also a Mason who has any thoughts on being a Mason and a crossdresser?

Silver Member
    Hon I'm a freemason and the thought never occured to Me---also I've never heard of anyone being kicked out of thier lodge for crossdressing---although in the US only males can be masons(not the case in Europe where women are allowed)---relax and enjoy yourself but when you go to lodgemeetings go en drab.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

As far as I know there is no prohibition in UK Freemasonry against Crossdressing. My Father and one of my Uncles are Masons and they would have liked me to follow them into the Lodge but it wasn't my scene, far too masculine for me. However I only think they throw you out if you are convicted of a serious crime , or are a bankrupt or the likes of that or for being drunk in the Lodge etc. There are Homosexuals who are Freemasons and that doesn't seem to cause them any grief so as long as you didn't turn up at the Masonic Temple en-femme I don't think they would be that bothered.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Helen MC View Post
    As far as I know there is no prohibition in UK Freemasonry against Crossdressing. My Father and one of my Uncles are Masons and they would have liked me to follow them into the Lodge but it wasn't my scene, far too masculine for me. However I only think they throw you out if you are convicted of a serious crime , or are a bankrupt or the likes of that or for being drunk in the Lodge etc. There are Homosexuals who are Freemasons and that doesn't seem to cause them any grief so as long as you didn't turn up at the Masonic Temple en-femme I don't think they would be that bothered.
    After all, Oscar Wilde was a Mason.

If they did find out and ask you to leave the Lodge maybe you could join the Eastern Star and get to wear those pretty long dresses.
    Danielle

Asked to leave any organization over crossdressing? Sounds like law suit grounds to me. Gee, I bet their lodge would make a perfect clubhouse for the girls! Jaie
    [SIZE="2"]I don't think people have problems with the fact that "we" like to crossdress. I think they have problems with the fact that we are comfortable with who we are and can express ourselves this way, while they have issues of their own that they don't know how to deal with.[/SIZE]

So was J Edgar Hoover!
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

As far as I can see, if you are discreet and keep you dressing and lodge separate you should have no problems.
    Last edited by Paula G; 02-23-2007 at 07:56 PM.

Put the whole thing in perspective. I keep reading the figure that 3 to 5% of the total male population is CD or has "experimented". So, let's go with the 5% figure.

At your next meeting, when they are doing all the ceremonial stuff, take a look around at your "Sister" Masons. The odds are terrific that at least one in every twenty is having a good old time dressing up! I suspect it's more of "don't ask-don't tell" kind of thing. Just be discreet, then it's nobody else's business, unless you take all of this Lodge stuff as absolute.

If you and "your Mason/CD Sisters" all get through all The 22 Degrees, you can then be Shriners. I would gladly pay good money to attend at the next Shrine Circus, if I got to see CD Shriners riding around on their little motorcycles! That would make The Gay Pride Parade seem tame. "The wigs, The Fez, tight mini's, OMG!"

My point? Don't take it too seriously. I would imagine that just like every other aspect of life, there are plenty of Trans Folks around your Lodge. "Just go with the flow baby!"

Peace and Love, Joanie

Don't you guys already wear aprons?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

how about an Yves St Laurent tuxedo/trouser suit to the lodge?

Banned Read only
    As long as you remember the proper way to throw water balloons out of hotel windows, you should be OK.

Just think, Bro Kelly, as you are in your Lodge Meeting attired in your Tux and wearing your Apron, there could very well be at least one other Brother wearing a pretty pair of women's panties under his trousers, perhaps even your Grand Master?
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Would you be recognised if you were in full drag? I doubt it...

From the East......

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle_cd2006 View Post
    If they did find out and ask you to leave the Lodge maybe you could join the Eastern Star and get to wear those pretty long dresses.
    I like tis reply............

Man happy in a dress. Carla_L_MI's Avatar
    I am a freemason, having a rather high position in the fraternity. I don't know what would happen if I were caught. I don't worry too much in the postings, as I figure if they are looking here or any of the other forums, then they too may be a cd.

I have worn panties to lodge, even thigh highs once, never any more and probably go with just panties since I didn't feel comfortable about the hose when I wore them.

I belong to a younger lodge and if a person were found to be a cd, I think our lodge would not ask him to leave. I really can't say that is the case of some of the lodges where most of the brothers are older. Some of the older guys are stuck in their ways and there is no changing them.

I wish I had a better answer for you. I just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulacder View Post
    I like tis reply............
    Thank you dear.
    Danielle

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    My whole family tree is in the lodge, guys and girls, for at least the last 100 years almost. rainbow, masonic, kids burn center, scottish rite... etc!!!

Most of them try to ignore the fact I am Katie, but you will soon learn whom your real friends are. No it is not against lodge polices, and if you follow the by laws, you should be accept as a nuetral party and not shut out. I would not fear if I was you.

For the record, I'm not a member. But attend several functions as a supporter.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

I have no interest in belonging to an organization that wouldn't accept me for who I am.

it's nice to know

It's great to know I am not the only crossdressing Mason out there

Quote Originally Posted by jamiesnj View Post
    It's great to know I am not the only crossdressing Mason out there
    I'm sure there are quite a few of us here, would be interesting to know just how many.
    Last edited by Paula G; 02-24-2007 at 06:50 PM.

I'm not a Mason but have been a chapter Dad for the Jobe's daughters and DeMolay's. I have thought about joining many time but haven't yet.
    RONDA

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE] "I THINK THAT MY SWITCH IS STUCK PARTLY OPEN"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I have no interest in belonging to an organization that wouldn't accept me for who I am.
    To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I have no interest in joining an organization whose standards are so low that they would let me in.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I am also a Master Mason.

Jodi

Seems there are quite a few Freemasons on this Forum who are also CDs and
    I understand that Masons not only wear Aprons but in some of their Higher Degrees robes etc? So in a way "dressing-up" features albeit not in a sexual way.

If a Brother only "underdressed" by wearing panties under his otherwise very male suit, Tux or whatever was the Dress Code in his Lodge, none of the other members would ever know. I assume that unlike sports such as Golf, Football, Rugby etc men come to the Temple in the appropriate attire and don't need to get changed in a Locker Room and thus revel their underwear to the gaze of others?

If Bro Kelly is worried about being seen out and about en-femme by another Member of the Lodge then they could dress in some other place away from their Lodge area.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]