Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's time to give this up!

Good luck in your endeavor to start anew. I'm not sure I could give this up. Maybe, when it comes right down to it, I just wouldn't make the same decision as you. A crossdresser's life is indeed a life filled with struggle--but all the same, I'm not sure I'd know how to act without this in my life. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want to live without this in my life...In any event, though, I wish you all the best. I can tell you've put much thought into it, and I hope everything works out as you have planned.
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    May you find joy, meaning and purpose in more fully engaging and supporting and loving your family, and yourself, and humanity.

If CDing takes you away from that, may you find occupations that take you deeper into service and gratitude and wholeness.

God grant us the serenity ......and the courage......and the wisdom..... !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Good luck with your decsion. I had a very good cd friend a few years back that had a similar epiphany in the setting of a religious growth experience. She and her SO had attended a spiritual conference and at the end of the weekend my friend had lost her desire to crossdress. She considered herself cured and gave up dressing.

I talked to her the other day. It's been 10 years. She is back dressing again, but has found balance in her life. She and her SO have a good understanding of limits and my friend is the happiest she has been with herself in years. I think her epiphany and time away from dressing led to increased self awareness that has led to an increased level of understanding and happiness.

Whether you return to dressing or not I hope you find what you are looking for.
    Last edited by lowlavalentine; 02-24-2007 at 08:53 AM.

Be strong, be well, be happy! Good luck, I hope you find what you need in your life. After all that is all any of us want.
    Tina B.

Banned Read only

Key words.....

I am inspired by your letter. I have felt your way for many years. I have chosen the path of moderation and management of my hobby, meaning that I choose not crossdress in public very often. I allow myself just a few carefully carefully chosen, carefully planned outings per year and I am satisfied with that, knowing that loved ones, friends etc are not affected in the least.
    Your key words "not practising" should be a mantra around here. How much time, money, effort, emotion etc. do we waste on crossdressing when we could all manage it better?

Best wishes in your quest, Ranee

Good luck, Salina -- I wish you all the best.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

it's time to give it up

Good luck Salina, if this is meant to be we will all root for your success! It is and always will be something we do for ourselves first, and I can see how it affects the others in our lives. I don't smoke but I would give that up long before I would give this part of me up, I guess I don't have your courage

Good luck in finding inner peace and happiness. My heart goes out to you.

-b

Just another 'Gurl'
    Hi Salina and all the best. I too am a friend of Bill and Bob. Another group that may interest you is SAA or SLAA. SAA is very supportive. Anyway all the best, KS.
    Just another man in a dress

Best wishes on your journey. In the end you've gotta do what's best for you.

I gave up Burger King for a while... Then I had a bacon cheese thing on Friday.... Mmmmmmmmm
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Salina, I respect what your doing and your concern for close ones. I'm optimistic
    for you in your descision. I myself successfully did not cd during my previous marriage of 6-years. It can be done. Remember, we are not static creatures and change to survive, most in part for ourselves and to some extent for others. Wish you happy trails. Cheri.

Thumbs up Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by oohTammi View Post
    I know what you nean about dressing crowding out other opportunities and such. It was mainly for that reason that I stepped down from the staff here last month, to (as the politicians say) spend more time with my family. I still do come here, but spend far less time here than previously. It's worked out well for me so far. Maybe you'll be back, maybe you won't. Either way, I wish you peace and contentment. xoxo Tammi
    best wishes for ya , God Bless ya , peace love and joy !!!!!!!!!
    I too know the feeling , I respect that !!!!!
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

If it is right for you then go for it I wish you all the best in life and be cool
    Angie