Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cross-dressing (the fetish): What's it all about?

Aspiring Member
    It's kind of like asking why do women like to wear pants and skirts. Obviously because it's what they want to wear.

- women who wear pants and skirts and shocked, just shocked their husband would like to do the same thing.

London UK

Crossdressing, why do we do it?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Total mindless b*****ks.
    You seem to be in a minority of three so far of the hundreds who have read it. You can read can't you? James Brown MSc (psy).

London UK
    Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    It's kind of like asking why do women like to wear pants and skirts. Obviously because it's what they want to wear.

- women who wear pants and skirts and shocked, just shocked their husband would like to do the same thing.
    I can see why you have no name!

London UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    Ok, just for grunts and giggles, here are my short & quick answers to the provided questions:
    Why do we do it? It feels just too good! Besides, does anyone question why a GG wears jeans & sneakers or work boots, then a mini & 5” stilettos?
    Who does it? More people then you know!
    When do we do it? Depends, some, like me, as much as possible.
    What do we get out of it? For me, a feeling of satisfaction, it’s also an escape from reality and at the same time, a chance to taste what I wish I could be.
    Is it just a fetish? For some, others it’s a craving, for some it’s an addiction.
    What do we do? From wearing just a little around the house to full dress in public.
    Are we Gay, rarely. Bi, some. Hetero, mostly. or unique? Sure, you’re unique just like everyone else!
    Is there a cure? Is there a cure for love? Duh, It’s not a disease! If there was would we want it anyway? It’s a desire, a “want”! Wanting to change would be in effect, wanting to not want a want,
    Double DUH

What does it mean for our Significant Others? For some it’s a fork in the road, it’s something to share, to play with, add spice into the relationship.
    Are CDs (Cross-Dressers), MIPs (Men In Panties) and TVs (Transvestites) different...
    MIP’s are afraid to “Go all the way” or are on the way!
    Pity you didn't actually read the whole thing.

Smile

It's a girl thing: we do it to be ourselves, hun.

Diane XX

London UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieboy View Post
    It's a girl thing: we do it to be ourselves, hun.

Diane XX
    Do you know what the word "rhetorical" means? Unfortunately you have to read the whole thing

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy55 View Post
    I will never be an out of the closet dresser...just don't have the desire to go there...... so what to do?
    Do you mean that no one will ever know you crossdress, no one will ever see you crossdressed, or no one will ever see you crossdressed outside your home? (Or something else perhaps?) Those are three different scenarios with three different approaches. I just want to be sure I know which one you're talking about.

As to the article in the original post, overall I found it interesting and in line with what I have heard other CDs say. There are bits where the author gets into sexual orientation that I don't agree with, but then we as a species are still working through many questions in that area. I also have mixed feelings about the suggestions for SOs, but the author is very candid about those suggestions being formed from personal experience.

As to the use of CD and TV, I am not and never will be one to say THIS is what X means, and it ONLY means that. I have heard the terms used the way the author uses them, and I have heard them used the opposite way. As I recall, the author didn't say CD means X and TV means Y and that's all there is to it; I believe the author said that CD in this article was being used this way and TV was being used that way. You have to give them SOME meaning, and the meanings used here are not inconsistant with how some people WHO IDENTIFY AS THOSE use them. (Seriously, we have to get over this "one word, one meaning" thing we've got going.)

As to the article Peggy linked to, I largely see myself in that, but I am slowly getting to the point where I prefer to be around people (as opposed to wanting to be with people, as the article suggests). I also haven't judged the people I prefer to be with by their intelligence or other such traits but by who they are inside. Otherwise that was a good description of me.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Banned Read only

Totally sexual

Dressing for me has always been a sexual experience. There are times when I think that a big part of it all is like I am dating myself in a weird kind of lesbian love circle. Ranee likes all the things I do, she never complains about my driving, we share the same views on social issues and politics and we never complain when either of us snores. We also are perfect sexual mates.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    I don't think anyone really knows. I know that I cross dress to express a very important part of my persona. It completes me. I am happy just as I am and do not feel the need to take it further.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!