Thread: How and when have you girls got your hair done?

Post How and when have you girls got your hair done?

I finally went to salon and had my hair cut & french braided for the first time. I figured I would start with that and go on to others styles depending if I do go out or whatever. The girl who did was very nice and before I knew it we got talking about hair styles and different things like what lotion works best with your skin when gets dry in the winter. The big thing about it I wasn't fully dressed in women's clothes. I was just wearing a nice top, strech l.e.i jeans( sz 9 of course) light sweat jacket and my ladies sketchers. No make -up.Just clean shaven. I felt pretty good, but SO didn't care for the fact she started the french braid at front instead the top back of my head. I like it and it was a start. What do you think girls?

Lisa
    Any chance of a photo hon sounds a start though
    Spelling bad because the fairies make love on my keyboard.

Silver Member
    If you don't like what your hairdresser is doing then you have to TELL them. Did you think the poor girl was a mindreader?

Steph

Lisa, I'm so jealous, How about a pic. Northern Girls have all the fun

Wish I HAD hair to braid. I kinda look like a bad imitation of Friar Tuck.

I am , however, letting what little there is grow out, with the intention of "coloring" it. Really don't like the gray any more. Not gonna be so foolish as to go to a coal black. but something with a bit more color than plain "snow white"
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to take a picture. Maybe next time I get braided post a picture. She did a good job keeping it tight. With help of my daughter, it took her few minutes with the bobby pins so I could unbraided. I never had braided hair that lasted two days without it looking like road kill. All takes focus and we can acheive anything!

im thinking of going to get my hair done soon mabe with bangs layers and thinking of blond highlits or a lose perm with bangs and highlights just love haveing long hair again my normal hair colour is red and ginger well done on getting yours done

I went to a Christmas party with other gurls and saw two who had their hair done. They were quite lovely. The thing is I'll never look at another GM with long hair the same way again.

When I have don my hair myself, I never think it comes out right even though my SO says different. She has done my hair 3 times now and it always looks better to me. I'm trying to muster up the courage to have it permed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Dear Lisa,

I reread your post. I misunderstood you. I thought you didn't like your braid. Now I see that it was your SO who didn't like it.

I apologize. I should have read more carefully. Glad you like it.

Lovies,
    Steph

Hi Tisha, I get my Hair trimmed regular, evey 7-8 weeks. I also Cut, Color and highlight it every season change. If I have an important event to attend I will get it styled just for that. I have a VERY good hairdressers at one of the Besy Salons in my town, Madison,WI. Have fun going to the salon, try something new it's FUN!!

my 1st fromal Up-Do , felt like a Princess All Night :-)

http://www.camirose.com/Dress_Shawl1.JPG
    Last edited by Cami_wi; 02-26-2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    " Go Confidently in the direction of your Dreams ! Live the Life You've Imagined. "

" SHOOT FOR THE MOON, Even if you miss, You'll Land among the Stars "

~Cami Dawn~

Don't worry about it Steph. I've made that mistake before with other posts, so no problem. Yeah, she didn't care for it but never brought it up again over the weekend. One opinion about another is just opinion. I think she didn't care for it, because I had someone else give me a french braid instead the one's she does for me in the hot summers.

Aspiring Member
    So cool. I'm trying to grow my hair out. Argh... why does it grow so slowly. :mad:

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I have been growing mine out, I have it highlighted and have been doing that for 6 months. I went to have it done yesterday and told her to soften it up when she cuts it and let it be more femimine, and told her why. Well to that she replied, "Well then we have to wax those eyebrows and dye them to match your hair." Reminds me of the old commercial "Only your hairdresser knows for sure."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

My SO and I are heading out to the hairdresser this evening to see what can be done with dying my hair. I have a decnt head of hair for a 50 year old guy and it does go down to my shoulder blades, but it;'s been grey for a few years and we would like to see what can be done to make me look less old without dying it some solid color.

Banned Read only

The list......

Starting about ten years ago I:
    began to let my hair grow long past my shoulders.
    On the way I highlighted it a little more intensely every two months until I was undeniably blonde. I went to pros for the colour, but..
    At a certain point I started getting it done enfemme (Oooooooooooo!!!)
    and I had it roller set, done in up do's, french braided, french chignon rolled, cornrowed, extended, ironed sooo straight and trimmed with a perfect edge, ironed into a hundred cascading ringlets and set on dozens and dozens of those spongey bendy thingies into a gazillion corkscrews.(Is it getting hot in here?) I got alot of it done at a local hairdressing school where I found that the students and teachers extremely openminded and enthusiastic and not so pressed for time like a regular salon. Alot of what I've enjoyed has been the students' or teachers' suggestions. I have had waxings and manicures as well and I have danced on air right out their doors many times feeling so free and beautiful!
    Also, the price is about 1/4 of what you'd expect, and there is no tipping of students.
    If you have the chance ladies, let it grow and get it done, en femme....it is the height of femininity for me.

Tried growing my hair out but it just isn't thick enough in some areas to look "good". It might be passable if I let it grow more, but the wigs look so much nicer than my hair ever will.

I have started to dye it monthly so it matches my wigs. That way, any stray hairs that show around my face more or less look like part of the wig.

Sally
    Last edited by Sally24; 05-02-2008 at 07:08 AM.

Back in the days when I had more hair ,, I would get perms done either curly or body waves. I found a small beauty shop in a out of the way place and would go early mornings once a week for roller sets. They got used to me comming and would just ask " medium rollers hun ?" That was always soo relaxing even with the older ladies staring and wondering what I was about LOL
    I used to do my own highlites with the frost and tip kits,,, spent many hours trying different styles hot rollers etc. Im not mad that my own hair is deserting me, it hasnt happend overnight. Now I have my own little area that I set and style my own wigs,, doing that while dressed is almost like being a hairstylest,,except the styrafoam heads dont tip very well LOL

Cindy

I took a wig

in to have it cleaned and styled. I was in drab and said I would pick it up around six oclock on saturday night. When I went in to pick it up on saturday evening I was fully dressed enfemme on my way to a christmas party. I had on one of my other wigs. They did a slight doubletake when I spoke and the gal behind the counter then realized I was a guy. But then the manager lady went and got it and I asked her if I could in front of a mirror, she said of course and took me back in the styling area and I sat down in a chair and she put it on me and sajd I looked rel nice. I told her I was going to a christmas party and she said "Have Fun" end of story.

Ranee it looks like you had everything and anything done to you hair. I never heard of french chignon rolled. What is that exactly? Is that different kind of braid. My hair usually naturally curls when I let it air dry. Me and my daughter have to use a staighter to smooth out the curls to get that more full look of hair.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa68 View Post
    Ranee it looks like you had everything and anything done to you hair. I never heard of french chignon rolled. What is that exactly? Is that different kind of braid. My hair usually naturally curls when I let it air dry. Me and my daughter have to use a staighter to smooth out the curls to get that more full look of hair.
    A french chgnon and a french roll are different things. A french roll is a kind of thing where your hair is rolled vertically in the back and the sides are close to your head, tres Catherine Deneuve....

In any case, if you have the luck and have the locks, get up the courage and step into the salon with your own hair and have fun.

thanks, I think I will give a shot next time I go in the salon.