Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dress to the nine's

dress to the nine's

hi girls
    can i ask you this, why do you dress to the nine's as in your Sunday best all the time, i meet friends at the mall, and some are way over dressed to shop
    what about dress down day jeans tee shirt flats .. , and look like gg's you won,t get read as much
    don't you find it funny we get our self's all dressed up, look like a million bucks just to sit at home
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Call me po trash....

I usually dress down (and have been telling others to do the same if they dont want to get made.)

Oh well, nothing like a little black dress, pearls, full makeup and heels to go to Mickey Dee's Just wouldnt be the same without it.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Marissa you have a point. But if your only goal is to avoid being read, then you might as well dress in drab.

I dress up because it makes me feel pretty and feminine. Being read is just one of those things most of us must deal with.

It may seem funny to you, but as a stay at home dresser, If I didn't dress to the nines, I might as well stay in drab and go out and work on the car.
    And no matter how much a dress up, I never get read at home!
    Tina B.

thank you for the replays
    you know when we are made up we look real nice it's a shame we can't go out and enjoy our dressing,
    and well overdressing for the mall, yes we get read and who cares . i think we do ; i have bad days too. i find it interesting that when i am home and no wear to go i tend to dress up more as you all do . i am not making fun of us it's just interesting to me
    like do you wear tee shirt and jeans around the house or do you go all out ?
    for me i have to be in the mood, as sometime i cant be bothered
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Jeans and a T shirt most of the time for me. I LOVE getting dressed up but there is just not that much oportunity for that here in the frozen north. I think that's why I love summer so much. Bare legs and warm breezes. . . Ahhh.

Lovies,
    Steph

hey Luv...

i just like skirts and all the other stuff...feel more comfortible in flowing materials then leg binding and crotch grabbing jeans...i Am more comfortible in full dress...only do makeup and wigs and nylons on weekends, but find it quite natural during the week to dress as much as possible...it's not a bother to me...i Love it...always have, always will...
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

Growing in my look

I've definitely enjoyed doing a more casual look recently. Slacks or capris with a cute top. The look is very comfortable. The interesting part has been the shoes. I love my heels, but my girly sandals or kitten heels can really be the cat's meow. I got a little pair of square toe maryjanes with a 1-1/2" heel at DSW and I just love them with my jeans.

Viva la differance.
    Kathleen

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    hi girls
    can i ask you this, why do you dress to the nine's as in your Sunday best all the time, i meet friends at the mall, and some are way over dressed to shop
    what about dress down day jeans tee shirt flats .. , and look like gg's you won,t get read as much
    don't you find it funny we get our self's all dressed up, look like a million bucks just to sit at home
    I don't like jeans, I don't want to look like a women wearing jeans. Nothing wrong with flats though. A $12 walmart skirt and a pullover is not overdressed for shopping. Just because the garment on the lower part of Your body is open at the bottom doesn't mean its dressing to the nines. I've done the tee-shirt with a jumper or the right denim/duck skirt.

I'm lazy I guess, skirts are easy, pants take to long to put on.

To the nines ...can'y say I've dressed to the nines yet ...I've seen some others who do ..but not yet or maybe never for me ....mall crawling or just hanging out downtown Im content in jeans and runners ..if Di is dressy in a long skirt I may as well to ...no harm in 2 girls in long skirts ...of course when Im out for a night of trance Im wearing my shorter skirts but soo are alot of the other girls just the way to go

While I don't dress to the nines all the time, when I have several hours open, I do tend to dress up rather than down. I guess some of us have so few opportunities that we want to look our best, even if no one else is going to see us. Besides, many of us don't have much in the way of opportunities for wearing a formal out for a dinner and dance!

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar

casualattire

dressing to the nines is nice for a special occassion but for the every day I say be comfortable. For me that means a casual t and a comfy skirt and flats or sneakers. Make up and wig,well that falls under the catagory of special time.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Have to agree with several above; if I'm going to crossdress, I just don't see the point in wearing pants, or shoes that could readily be mistaken for men's shoes. I want to be feminine. I want to wear skirts or dresses. I want to wear hosiery and have my legs on display. I want to wear things that are obviously feminine.

Yeah, so it becomes trivial for people to read you. One, I don't think I'd care too much if I did go out in public...because I would choose a place where no one knows me or has a chance of knowing me so their opinions do no matter. Two, I don't go out in public in any way that someone could have the opportunity of reading me. So, it's a moot point.

I don't have any femme pants. I don't have any flats. I don't have any femme socks.

When I look at women in movies I have no reaction to the clothes if they are dressed down. If they are dressed to the nines, it really draws me in and makes me look very carefully at what they are dressed in. I've recently re-seen the movie "Seabiscuit" and have been fascinated by the wardrobe of Elizabeth Banks when she is dressed well in the film. Yeah, a lot of it is old style stuff, but it's still quite nice! Same goes for some of Rachel McAdams wardrobe in "The Notebook". But, when I see the same women dressed down...just doesn't draw my attention from a crossdressing perspective.

But, that's me. Some settling of contents may occur in shipment. Or, maybe my marbles fell out.

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Marissa, I think the difference between dressing like you do to go to the mall and dressing to the nines at home is a case of dressing FOR the experience and dressing IS the experience. I haven't been out dressed (yet?) but I have an idea of how I would dress. It's not a case of feeling like I have to dress a certain way, it's more a case of looking the part to feel the part. Sort of why men don't wear suits and ties to rock concerts.

Dressing to the nines at home, even just some times, just feels good. It fills the need to look pretty. I think that desire to go out at those times is more about keeping that feeling going than anything else.

Two styles of dressing for two different feelings, I guess.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

When I go out, I try to wear something that will allow me to blend in. Last thing I want is to stand out and be noticed. I have worn dresses and skirts out, but I am planning my first shopping trip and I plan to wear capries and a large T-Shirt and slides for shoes. Hopefully, I will look like any other GG doing some casual shopping and hopefully no one will take any interest in me. When I went to HEF2006, yes I did dress it up a couple of notches, but everyone in the Hotel knew what we were and your expected to dress up more. The only time I think I could dress to the nines and no one would notice would be right after Sunday Church. Then you see a lot of GG's dressed to the nines shopping in WalMart or at a local Restaurant.

Well I think I dress like a nicely dressed everyday woman, as such, well unless I'm getting into the evening gowns and stuff but that's only for really special times. Generally though, even if you called what I wear my Sunday best, well since I usually only get a chance to dress once a week when I'm lucky, you could call that my Sunday anyway, couldn't you?
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj

I've only ever managed to make it to the sixes... the nines are out of my league...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Have to say I do it because of the way it makes me feel. I love getting dressed up and feeling like a woman. I seldom get to do makeup because my wife doesn't support and doesn't want me to dress. I can only dress when she is not around. If she caught me she would probably divorse me, or close to it. Wish I had the opportunity to do it more then just a couple times a year.

Wanted to ad I don't understand why all women don't dress that way. I guess they don't feel the same as I do when I get dresssed. They are so lucky that they can do it whenever they want, and they don't have to worry about being read and ridiculed.

The more comfortable I have become with going out dressed, the less I have felt that I have to dress to the "nines" to do it. I probably get read dressed up to any number, but I enjoy wearing my most comfortable outfits wherever I am, and when comes to dressing en femme that usually means when I'm out shopping, etc.
    I sometimes get very "dolled up," but I seldom have a place to go dressed that way. I end up at home or in my motel room thinking about being the belle of the ball.
    PS: It's an interesting expression--dressed to the nines--; it probably is a corruption of "dressed to then eynes," "dressed to thine eyes." That probably fits under the heading "too much information," but I've always been fascinated by such things.
    warmly, Linnea

Banned Read only
    The oldest agreed Etymology for it is the late 1780s. To the nines "to perfection". Probably first attested in Burns, apparently to preserve the ancient notion of the perfection of the number as three to the third power (e.g. the nine Muses, etc. later used as a percentage of a precious metal alloy, "fine" silver being brought to the 9's .999%, sterling being only .925%

Still Searching

For a look that will "blend in" and still allow me to feel comfy with myself, when going out in public.

You know, it was not too long ago, that a woman would never think of going out in public wearing sweat pants and a tee-shirt. Now days, it seems to be the "norm". But, for me, that look is much too close to drab. So I'll keep trying to find a way to dress that makes me comfy, without being a target.

I usually dress to blend in when I go out. If just shopping, usually jeans or slacks in cooler weather and perhaps a light ankle length skirt in spring through fall. When the occasion calls, I dress it up a bit, as for church or if shopping downtown during lunchtime in a nice business outfit.

I enjoy dressing up, but I also enjoy just "being" an "everyday" woman.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only

I'm with Natalie Girl,

I dress up so rarely (on purpose) and I want to look totally beautiful, and I want to get noticed. As long as the readers can't connact Ranee with Brad, what's the big deal? It's so much more of a challenge to do it right!..

Quote Originally Posted by NatalieGirl View Post
    Marissa you have a point. But if your only goal is to avoid being read, then you might as well dress in drab.

I dress up because it makes me feel pretty and feminine. Being read is just one of those things most of us must deal with.

I wear a nice dress or skirt when I go out. If I wanted to wear jeans and a T shirt I'd stay in drab.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.