Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reactions of GG customers while buying fem stuff in stores

Banned Read only

Reactions of GG customers while buying fem stuff in stores

Got any horror stories, or great stories?

I've had a few disgusting looks from GG shoppers while buying fem stuff and last week a GG customer looked totally baffled while standing near me when a sales girl was checking the price of a lipstick I was buying.

In a strange kind of way I loved the humiliation.

Simply Fashion

Had a couple of GG's talking about me and giggling but the SA told them to get out I was a paying customer they were looking is all (I was friends with the SA)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I was buying a waist cincher, found what i wanted, got to the cash reister area, and there was a line. stood there among 3 or 4 middle aged women, and not one of them batted an eye, one even smiled and said good afternoon. but went it was my turn to pay, the SA was an older woman, and she gave me that, why do I have to serve the prevert look. but she said nothing, took my money, but no thank you or please come back. But most of the time they are all just great, but then I think I spend more money at one time than most GG's do.
    Tina B.

A couple of days before last christmas, I stopped by VS and while browsing a SA came up to me and said "Wife or GF". I looked at her and said "Neither" She looked at me werid for a couple of moments and then it was like a light bulg lit up. She said "OH, UGHH do you know you size". I said "I'm a 12/14", which surpised her, but she help me look and did not buy anything, since most items had been pretty much picked over". She handed me her card and said "Ask for me next time your in the store".

Last month, I was getting my monthly pedicure/toe nail polish/maicure/fill/eyebrow wax when the GG sitting next to me comment on how pretty the red polished looked on my toes and then asked if she could borrow my polish. I said sure and my nail tech handed it to her after she was finished with my toes.

Question GG's reactions

I dont have any horror stories persay , just sometime the occassional frumpy looks , and giggle's , mostly un eventful , witch is just fine with me !!!!!
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

not really anything bad , once buying a skirt drab the sales lady said enjoy !
    another time shopping en femme the women at the check out didnt read me but another women in the store did and wispered in her ear she looked at me with a suprised look , I think the odd look you have to expect , most sale assistants would not dare say anything , I would ask for the manager if they did. I have a line I might use if a women says something derogatory to me my wife is very ill
    and is house bound and to mind there own f&%$ business that should cure them

When I was getting my makeup done in Macy's, a young girl and a woman went out of their way to see what I looked like. I just smiled and waved. No one is going to shame me into not buying what I want.

I was doing this too, and I had one woman who seemed to make a point of looking at me. She was with a girl whom I assumed to be her daughter, and neither of them really made anything of it. While I was still there, a younger woman and her friend came in; they looked my way and just smiled--no remarks, no giggles.
    That's been the kind of experience I've usually had--so far no real horror stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    When I was getting my makeup done in Macy's, a young girl and a woman went out of their way to see what I looked like. I just smiled and waved. No one is going to shame me into not buying what I want.
    warmly, Linnea

i don't worry about what others say are think i have had bothgood and bad experiances but it just comes with the teritory i can't let the little detailes stop me from being who i am

susie

One time at sears, I was looking at all the panties & decided to buy about 5-6 pairs. There was a lineup at the cashier. As I was waiting in line, this older lady in the line mentions to me that those panties will never fit me! LOL How did she know they were for me? I was totally taken by surprise. I said they were for my gf. BUt she knew. LOL And she was trying to be nice. But damn if she was'nt right. I wish I would bump into her now. I would ask her what she would suggest!

I don't get looks or giggles that often. Sometimes the SA will ask "can I help you" a million times, which makes me think their a bit nervous. The only bad time thus far was when I went to a buger king and the people working there laughed at me, but that was when I was only wearing a wig and a very loose pink sweater without makeup on. I also worked at a place where we dressed up for holloween for the whole week. I wore a cute short black dress, blonde wig, black pantyhose and white pumps. One of the male customers came up to me put his arm around my waist, held my hand and started dancing with me! It was pretty funny.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Frillee View Post
    I wish I would bump into her now. I would ask her what she would suggest!

That's the idea M F. Turn the tables on them.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Reaction from GG customers = none. Sorry if this disappoints you.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Platinum Member
    none that i noticed shopping is fun and if your haveing fun then everyone you should be haveing fun too... i never had any trouble with GG customers .. i have a few rude sa's but we take care of that real quick...

I was at Villanova's in San Francisco {now closed-and missed.} The other customer in the store asked if I was buying frilly panties for myself. The owner quickly finished her transaction and ushered her out of the store. She apologised for her customer's behavior and helped me find a bra. When I paid her she gave me a pair of black panties.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I get some looks while I am in the under garment section.....while I am working!
    Drumming, My other hobby

If I owned a lingerie store I would instruct my employees to sell the merchindise to who ever wishes to buy it!!!!! a CD's money is just as good as a GG's!!!!!

My worst ever was trying to buy a panty/camosol set at sears.The sales lady gave me the cold "can I........help you"

Hugs
    Brenda
    "leave your panty drawer unlocked around me and your dancing with the devil"

A couple weeks ago, I went to Lane Bryant to pay my bill. I spotted a top I just had to have, and they had two 14-16. So I got both. When I was at the register, a customer said, " cute shirt but why two of them?" I told her one for my wife and one for me. She said, "Atleast you have good taste in clothes." I used one of my gift checks and asked her if she had any, she didn't so I gave her one of mine. I think it was for $50 off of $150, and she had more than that. So she was very happy with me...BJ

Anti-Member To Gender TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    I had one in the bra section. I was minding my own business and this lady just comes out of nowhere and she was giving me all of this info about what women like to get as a gift, as if I was shopping for my girl. Finally she had to stop talking so she could take a breath, and I don't know what the hell came over me. But I just told her I was getting a bra for myself and she slammed her mouth shut and walked away like I was never there.

Last week I bought several pair of panties and was walking out the door of Meijer when the alarm went off...Oh Crap. They stop you, lay everything out for all to see, then she found the tag the cashier forgot to remove and waved her little wand over it...and put it all back in the bag while 10 people just stared at me. Then she looked me in the eye and smiled ear to ear...it was 6:20 AM..hehe

Bethany
    Wedding Dresses...Perals...and Heels...Oh My!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Got any horror stories, or great stories?
    I don't recall even once when I've had a problem with the GG customers, and in one of the local boutiques the customers are likely to give suggestions or comments (in a good way, I mean), treating me just like another GG shopping.

In a different local second-hand boutique, the owner wasn't thrilled to see me, and afterward more or less asked me not to come back during business hours -- she asked me to give them a call and they'd open up the store for me after hours. The owner's daughter meanwhile was busy trying to help me out just like any other customer; I got the impression that the daughter was less than impressed with the owner/mother's treatment of me. From conversations with other dressers later, I found out that I'd been much better treated than other dressers in the past.

But other than that, I've rarely been treated worse than "yet another customer I've never seen before and may well never see again.. when is my shift going to be over". And in a fair number of establishments, the SAs and owners great me with a smile and a "Welcome back", and don't shy away from helping me find something.

At one of the boutiques the other day, the owner greeted me by name as I walked in (as she always does), and made a point of mentioning that she'd just got some new stuff in that day and it was near the back of the store; she was so pleased with the quality of what she'd just gotten in, and wanted me to have a chance to look at it. What she'd gotten in was some lingerie such as some slips and camis and teddies. Unfortunately I could see at a glance that there wasn't a single item in the mix that would fit me, but it was still neat that the owner has accepted me and my dressing enough that she'd point out the lingerie, knowing that I would appreciate the fabric and the designs. This boutique owner is not TG-literate, and "making a buck" is no higher than her third priority. When I'm in there, she is not "marketting to crossdressing consumers": she's selling to "that nice young man with good taste who appreciates fine womens' clothes". It's like it has slipped her mind that there is anything unusual about me crossdressing. And really, what more could you ask?

is in her vest
    I've never had any trouble...sales assistants have often commented on what I am buying..I take that as a compliment...they invariably use the sales assistant line of...what a lovely top..etc...yeah, I think it gets easier the more you buy.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I had a bit of a run in with a SA in a store. I was with my wife we were looking for lingerie for me the lady asked what size my wife was and when my wife told her it was clearly the wrong size (wife being in the DD range me in C). We implied that we wanted to look for our selves the lady stopped talking to us but followed and clearly threw me dirty looks until I made my wife leave.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

More Pos than Neg

I have had many positive reactions from gg SAs and customers, including one who helped me when I was looking for a certain skirt, sugested a competitor, who had it. She asked me about it the next time I was in her store. The only two times I had negative reactions were 1) when I was very new to fully dressing and went into a mall in a rather rural area (read Redneck) and got a few laughs, and 2) when I was trying on shoes in my local "Big Feet" store and another customer complained loudly about all the CDs buying up the larger size shoes, (I was in drab trying on some pumps). All in all I have had many enjoyable experiences shopping for femme clothes.......Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Ann View Post
    when the alarm went off...Oh Crap. They stop you, lay everything out for all to see, then she found the tag the cashier forgot to remove
    Oh yeah, happened to me too, I had bought a couple of evening dresses on sale, also had in my bag another dress I had had modified. Had exited women's department, went in men's, and the alarm went off. Store was empty pretty much, but was still nervous with 2 SA girls looking over my stuff. Found the tag, folded the stuff back up and I went to browsing. No comments or looks, at least when I was there