Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perversion

Perversion

OK Heather's thread got to thinking here. Does anyone think what we do is a perversion ? I mean sex aside. Has it ever crossed your mind or is it keeping you from going out ? You GG's/Boyz, what are your thoughts on this ?

I don't think of it as a perversion. Way back I wondered and had a lot of doubts, but for the past twenty or thirty years I've grown progressively more and more settled on the issue. Historically speaking it's got plenty of precedence; morally speaking it is not wrong. It is not, so far as I know illegal, and it is not a sickness (physical or mental). It may involve a genetically based inclination or propensity or even drive, but perverse--I think not .
    warmly, Linnea

I'm a complete pervert, but crossdressing has nothing to do with it

I believe that the questions isn't whether we, X-dressers, think X-dressing is a perversion but whether the public at large think it is a perversion.

Ther's a lot of education about X-dressing to be made in the media and to start with an education of most medias... More generally education on how X-dressing is being portrayed in movies and TV series. That may even be more efficient than serious documentaries on the subject...

Eugenie

Good God NO

Like Eugenie said. It's more about what the ("normal") public at large perceives as a perversion. And, no, what keeps me behind closed doors is my wife and the small community we live in! She's ok with me doing this, just not ready for me to go Prime Time!

I do long for the opportunity to present itself that I can venture out someday.

Perversion or not!!!!

Dawn

Of course in one sense it is a perversion. It is not to the norms of society, however, you yourself must accept what is a norm. Not all societies are the same. My wife and I have this discussion quite often, mostly because of my guilt, and constant requirement to realize that she is really ok with it. I should know by now, since she buys all of my nylons and nighties, and a good protion of my shoes. But as long as you are comfortable with yourself, torpedos be damned, full speed ahead.

No, I don't consider myself a pervert for crossdressing (for other reasons maybe ) - but I'm sure other people do. I pay them no mind. Of course, dressing was never a sexual turn on for me, but I don't think those that dress for fetishistic reasons are perverts either. Whatever makes you happy.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The public's first thought would be just that. I don't think it's perverted at all. Perverts peek in windows, and desire to play with little boys or little girls, from 8 to 18 even if they are 80.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I always think of peeping toms when I hear the word pervert not CDs.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

I think what stops me going out is being ridiculed for wearing what I like too. Problem is I cannot get all political on this we have our minority ideas but hey its a big world and most of them think of us as perverted, Sorry but dont want to get involved with the world my life is complicated enough without CDing adding to it

Politics aside

Even if one was a crossdresser that liked to force himself (sexually) on others, that still wouldn't make crossdressing a perversion. That person would just be a perverted crossdresser.
    Right?

The end of the day, it matters not to those around us what we think of our crossdressing. They'll formulate their own judgement or just go along with the crowd.
    this taps into a question that is always running through my mind. Sometimes more than others. That is, what is the big deal? Why are these sorts of issues so immoral to most people? I probably have just as many questions about why people think it's wrong as others do about why we even do it. I'll quit while I'm ahead.
    Last edited by dann; 02-26-2007 at 06:57 PM. Reason: grammer
    dann

"It's a great big white world, if we are drained of our colors."

"Think for yourself. Question authority"

To be honest, I think a lot of people do think CD'ing is some kind of perverted thing to do. I don't think it is, but then again, I don't think there is anything wrong with being perverted we are all perverted in some way or another.

Even though I'm an accepting GG and I'm supportive etc, it's not always that way for me you know, I do sometimes have my off days, when I just wonder... wth is all this about.... and then I find it 'weird'... lol.... perverted... nope
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Interesting

Perversion
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perversion is a term and concept describing those types of human behavior that are perceived to be a deviation from what is considered to be orthodox or normal. It was originally defined as a "deviation from the original meaning or doctrine", literally a "turning aside" from the norm. The term pervert is a person in a state of perversion, though this term, referring to a person instead of a behavior, is generally used in a derogatory sense. Perversion, or perverse behavior, differs from deviant behavior, which describes a recognized violation of social rules or norms (though the two terms can apply to the same behavior).

Before the 20th century, the term usually meant religious perversion, i.e., changing one's religion to an erroneous one. In that sense, who was considered a pervert always depended on one's point of view. In the present day, the term most often refers to "sexual perversions", more neutrally called paraphilias, many of which can contribute to sex crimes. The term, in a general sense, is most often applied to the more abnormal or disturbed types of sexual behavior, mainly those involving compulsion and coercion. Used casually, the term can be meant to simply describe someone who is seen as having "dirty", "unnatural" or ambiguous thoughts. Still, the definition and usage of the concept can vary by such variables as time, person, religion, and culture; and what some would describe as perversion, others might say is simply a variant form of human sexuality. Homosexuality was once considered to be a perversion in many cultures, and indeed still is in several; it is nevertheless widely seen in the western world today as a form of natural sexual variation. The verb form of the term, in general usage, simply means to turn something away from its natural state (or what is perceived to be its natural state.) For example, one might say that the modern film version of Romeo and Juliet "perverted" Shakespeare's version of the story.

Catholicism
    In a similar sense, the term was also used in the pre-Vatican II era by some Roman Catholics to describe the process of converting from Roman Catholicism to Protestantism. Whereas a protestant who joined Roman Catholicism was described as a convert, a Catholic who became a Protestant was called a pervert. The phrase is no longer used by mainstream Catholicism, though traditional Catholics occasionally still use it.

[SIZE="3"]It is not so much a perversion as it is a deviation from accepted norms. Gender roles have developed to preserve an order to society and for protection for the basic societal structure - The family. Deviation from these norms risks chaos and a break down of order and is threatening to most people.

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

When I first tried to find out what this cross dressing was, there was no internet, all we had was the library and our doctors. Using the library was quite a chore, I finally found it in the section on Abnormal psychology, and yes it was listed as a perversion. Reading that made me feel very bad, it was years later until I began to feel better about myself.

Perversion again reared its ugly head during my divorce where cross dressing was used as a tool against me regarding custody issues. The fact I was still very much in the closet made it easy to be manipulated.

Today we are so much more enlightened, there are still people who are still stuck with old ideas, but things are changing albeit slowly.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Crossdressing badgers are normal. I'm not so sure about you lot though

Being slightly serious for a millisecond or two, I'm a very out TG. Many hundereds of people know who I am, what I am and exactly where I live. Quite a few have taken the time and trouble to tell me that they do not regard me as either a pervert or threat to their children.
    Last edited by PaulaJaneThomas; 02-26-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: added miising NOT!!
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Do I practice behavior which many do not recognise as normal? Yup.
    Is anyone harmed by this behavior? Nope.
    Am I a pervert? In the strictest defination of the term, probably.
    Do I care? No!
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

it is not a perversion

i have not dressed in a year and it is now an obsession. i purged last year and now my wife is away and i am trying to wear her lingere it's too small but i feel home again.. nice to chat and be back fondly, chas

No, I do not believe my CDing is a perversion. When I think of pervert, I see a guy in a trench coat flashing. As a few of the ladies here have pointed out, is that society as a whole sees us in this (perverted) way. Perhaps in time, the views of society will change and see us as we see ourselves; truely human. All of us can change the view society has on us, by being a good example in all things. The media can help as Eugenie pointed out, Sadly though, idiotic shows like Jerry Springer gives CD's a terrible image in the publics view. In a sitcom, drama tv show, I am not sure if the show would actually stay on for very long here in the States.

Smile More like a double standard!

See a previous thread I posted for details.

perversion

While I am new to all of this I do not think it is even close to a perversion unless you carry things to to the point of being very extreme. Understanding that very extreme is somewhat subjective. If you and your SI are OK with what you do it is OK

I used to think so, many years ago. Then I found the net and all these resources and sources of information and my eyes were opened. I realized I wasnt the only one. I realized that I was not ill. I realized it was more or less normal just not accepted behaviour.

I took a deep breath, blinked, poured myself a Glenfiddich and smiled. I was right with the world for the first time in over 40 years. What a great feeling!

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

"Perversion", much like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Since it's become a descriptive term, (how many times have you heard someone call somebody else a pervert), and an all-purpose perjorative, I not sure that any two persons would have the same definition.

However, I think that many people generally use the term to define a social act that deviates from societal norms and IS HARMFUL.

Yes, we probably deviate from the Norms, but we are a very numerous minority. What percentage of us have to be crossdressing before it becomes A Norm? And, since we certainly aren't harming society, what the hell are they getting worked up about?

I'll use a term quite popular in Britain. I don't think I'm a pervert. I think I might be a "funny old stick", who just enjoys feeling feminine. Can we substitute the word "eccentric?"

Peace and Love, Joanie

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    For much of my life I thought that it was wrong and perverted and could not understand why I felt compelled to do it. It took a great deal of reflection and contemplation and dialog with other CDs from 2004 through 2006 to convince me that it was okay. Now I fully embrace it as one of the most important gifts that I have.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...