Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will the day come when boy can dress as girls

will the day come when boy can dress as girls

any thoughts on if oneday men will be able to dress as women and not be looked at oddly...

Some day it may be more exceptable, but I am sure there will always be those that will look down there nose at what they can't understand.
    Tina B.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    I don't actually think I would like that to happen. I want to dress and look like a real woman myself but I also most men to continue to dress in men's clothes exclusively.
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

I think as time passes that fashion may become more androgenous as articles of clothing will pass across the gender line. Although it will state it is mens clothing a skirt is still a skirt. All it will take is for it to become a fad.

Banned Read only

A big part of it will be missing....

How many of us find that a big part of the allure of crossdressing in public is the outrageousness of it all, the danger of getting caught, the sheer riot that is to be had by confronting convention and pulling it off. Things are just fine the way they are, for me at least.

I agree with Ranee Daze, part of the fun of crossdressing is in getting away with something not really accepted by many people.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

i do agree with that but it would be great to be able to dress and hang out with GG

Exclamation i dream of the day

i dream every night that i could dress as a girl and lay next to my wife and be herlover and girlfriend

Women faught for their right to be able to wear pants and now we are fighting for right to be able to wear dresses.

All good things come to those who wait. (I hope.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile True freedome

that would be awsome can't wait for the day.
    mistybtm

one thing I find funny is back in the 1700-1800's men wore tights and shoes with somewhat of a heel on them all the time. had makeup on as well and it was completely apart of what is the culture. sadly somewhere over the times its ventured to what woman wear now and not accepted for men to do. funny how history changes like that over the course. I did read in an article that for fashion statements, the new "in thing" for men is actually going to be leggings now so its somewhat of a start to transtion back over

Quote Originally Posted by CrossdressinGoth View Post
    back in the 1700-1800's men wore tights and shoes with somewhat of a heel on them all the time. had makeup on as well and it was completely apart of what is the culture. sadly somewhere over the times its ventured to what woman wear now and not accepted for men to do. funny how history changes like that over the course.
    There was a time when respectable women couldn't wear makeup either and women who did were considered promiscuous or prostitutes. Eventually that changed too and now women who wear it are not labeled hookers. So things may continue to evolve to include everyone someday. Here's hoping.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anti-Member To Gender TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranee Daze View Post
    How many of us find that a big part of the allure of crossdressing in public is the outrageousness of it all, the danger of getting caught, the sheer riot that is to be had by confronting convention and pulling it off. Things are just fine the way they are, for me at least.
    Right on girlfriend!!! the thought of being caught gives an incredible rush that is truely one of a kind... In fact now that I think about it I'm going to wear my girly socks to Fred Meyer, Cover me!

I have always thought that all men should be required to dress as women for two weeks a year. Men would and should be able to experience what a woman goes thru and what she feels. If after the two weeks the man wants to continue dressing that would be no problem. If he does not then fine also, until the next year when he has to do it again.

I think the world would be a much better place if such a practice was mandatory.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

Smile i wish

i would love to be able to wear anything a GG can wear & not get looked down upon.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steffiwantabe View Post
    i would love to be able to wear anything a GG can wear & not get looked down upon.
    No doubt. It's so very very wrong of people to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by surfergirl17 View Post
    any thoughts on if oneday men will be able to dress as women and not be looked at oddly...
    [SIZE="3"]YUP! [/SIZE]

Don't know if I'll be around to see it.

I think if humans are to survive we're going to have to get past a lot of the stuff we've been doing wrong for a long time. Tolerance and freedom will be part of the new age that had better be coming...and if it isn't, well this might be a moot point then.

I think we may be on the cutting edge of a global social awakening, particularily if we can keep the connections we make via technology open. In all areas of life technology is allowing people to connect regardless of geographical location, and we're spreading ideas and talking amongst ourselves even if governments and power centres are monitoring us. That's why the Chinese government is working so hard at restricting internet access (and failing by recent accounts I've heard). We're going around social conventions and making a world that works for us. To me, it's really a question of whether we have enough time to make it work.

And it is interesting to look at how men not only dressed, but behaved (at least in the aristocracy) for centuries in western society. Much more flamboyant and feminine for the most part.

Ok, school's out....off you girls go. Don't get your dresses muddy.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

I think as time goes on, it will become more a 'fad'. There are things that are becoming quite standard and not seen as a CD thing. Do I have to note them now? I continue...I used to work for a carnival and so often I saw boys and men wearing pink t-shirts with captions like "it takes a real man to wear pink" or "don't laugh, my other (or white) t-shirts are in the laundry" Just wearing them makes a statement, even a little. Do people make a bigger scene about young guys wearing fishnets with their 'goth' apparel?

Er-um--I do this now. I dress any way I want and do hang out with GG's as I have many GG friends. No big deal really. The "rush" I've been getting lately has been dressing and "passing" as Rich, although I don't expect too many here to understand that. The point is I've been pretty much accepted as my femme self, so my friends have now been getting used to my guy side lately. This has been mostly to prove the point that I'm the same person either way. In any case, it's come to where I'm comfortable and accepted either way.

Happens every day!!!!!!!

In general its kind of happening now. Some areas of the US and the world are more acceptable than others. Eventually it will happen as peoples view on life is not so narrow minded.
    Love,
    Tamera

Untitled

When will people get it into their heads...

[SIZE="4"]You CAN[/SIZE] dress in what you like, no one can stop you, you live in a free world, or mostly do. A number of "gurls" here dress 24/7, or regularly go out "en-femme". They have got over the fear factor, the "what ifs" and got on with it.

Aint it about time some of you tried it, the longer you live behind closed doors, the longer it will take for "society" to accept you.

It is about time some of you "gurls" either "put up" or "shut up".
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by surfergirl17
    No. Very unlikely to happen.
    Things like this never happened (Not that I know of)
    Two problems.
    1.) A minority will always be seen something/somehow "odd" by the majority.
    2.) Doing something as was never really appreciated.

I am sure the day will come, and hopefully it will. soon people will realize how fun it can be, until than we can keep the fun for ourselves

We are getting very close.There will always be those that will not like it but then there are some people that still think women should not wear pants.