Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever felt threatened?

Content and Happy
    Because certain parts of my body stand out, there have been a couple of situations where I thought things might get a bit out of hand. However, knowing my pepper spray was only an arms length away, gave me the confidence everything was going to be ok, at least for me.

Lanore

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar
    Name calling, only one physical threat,and that was from my own stepfather....I am careful, but I go wherever and whenever I want.
    They can kill me but they can't eat me!

Steph

I'm really not worried about being attacked are someone calling me names that stuff has already happened to me in guy mode. I'm in pretty good shape and i love to fight ppl who mess with me. Like i have said be for fighting is my passion. I train to be a grappler are you could say a wrestler so weather i'm a girl are a guy, i'm ready for anything they can throw at me.
    But it ain't easy fighting in a skirt.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Aspiring Member
    I've had a guys act intimidating, or look very very angery. Even when wearing womens jeans with painted toes. But both times I was in a very public place, so all they could do was sit there angery giving me nasty stares.

Nothing bad has ever happened to me. One thing I do go out is broad day light and lots of people. While it takes guts I believe it is the safest way to be. I believe someone is less likely to assult me or cause me harm with a group of people around. Which is why I don't understand people going out to clubs late a night, or early morning walks. What is boils down to is if someone wants to harm you, and they think they can get away with it, they just might try it.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

I was heading into a TG friendly nightclub and two guys followed closely behind. Luckily I got in, because they didn't intend to come in. They waited outside. I told two bouncers about it, they both chased them off the property. Now I don't worry so much, because I blend in better.
    Just Be Yourself

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you like oldies radio, check out http://www.thehop-radio.com and hear me LIVE ! Play lots of free games or join our shoutbox chat while you listen too!

I've received one rude comment while walking down a sidewalk at night, never felt the least bit threatened. Just in case I carry a little container of pepper spray.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

this is a worry I have for my CDer DH....

by God NO ONE is going after her if I am there! We live in CA (Bay Area0 so I think maybe less problematic than many other places.

Louise. (GG)

Except for this incident, I've never faced any threats while en femme.

But the mention of construction workers reminded me of the time two older "gurls", both in their 70's, came back from a walk all excited. They certainly could never pass, but they didn't care and enjoyed their walks. This one time they came back all aflush, they'd passed by some construction workers taking a lunch break, and got whistled and hooted at...

Mitzi

Having read through the posts on this subject, I'm dismayed to find that that at least a couple of girls carry either a gun or knife. Invariably, it's the weapon holder who often comes off second best.
    I'm lucky enough to live in the UK, specifically Scotland, where I know with a degree of confidence that guns and knives aren't carried (Thank goodness!)
    It's sad that these girls feel that they have to carry weapons.

I'm not saying that we don't have guns and knives on the streets of the UK, because that would be naive thinking like that. I suppose, a girl has to do what she has to do.

I know that girls have to think about safety when they go out, as I was attacked a couple of years back. Luckily I had my briefcase with me and gave the mugger a good wallop around the head with it. He ran off and I ended up staying inside for over a year.

It did shake me mentally that this happened to me and now I am so careful when I go out and about. Daylight is definately best. The problem with that is that, daylight doesn't hide the faults in my makeup!

My Sifu (thats a Kung Fu instructor) used to say "that its better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6", and I totally agree with the larg # of hate crimes in the U.S. I would definitely carry some sort of weapon or at least carry some martial arts expierience with me if I went out en fem.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    I have been followed and that was scarry enough to make me really be careful about planning my outtings. It was really scarry.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Silver Member
    ANY time you are presenting as a woman you will be subject to stares, catcalls, and other invasions of your "space". This happens to GGs ALL THE TIME. And guess who is doing it? MEN. Men who think it's alright to generally harrass women with very little thought as to how it might feel to be harrassed.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak. How does it feel? It feels a little scary doesn't it? As you all know, being men, 99% of this harrassment is perfectly harmless male posturing behavior. But it doesn't feel very harmless to the recipient now does it?

Add to the above the fact that ANY woman seen walking alone at night can be seen as "working", and you have a scary situation for the woman. Don't walk alone at night. Cops and drunks will see you as a "working woman" and therefor pay you MUCH more attention than you might want.

And the next time you are tempted to let loose a appreciative remark or whistle, just think about how it might make someone else feel.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 03-26-2007 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    I am a second degree black belt. Do you know what can pain I can inflict with 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch wide, 3.5" high heels.
    That's a self defence lesson I'd liked to have watched.

"Today Grasshopper......"

I probably should keep my yap shut, but I am gonna respond just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinebrookes View Post
    Having read through the posts on this subject, I'm dismayed to find that that at least a couple of girls carry either a gun or knife. Invariably, it's the weapon holder who often comes off second best.
    There is nothing wrong with carrying a weapon of ANY kind. Heck, you could carry a ball point pen and be lethal with it. Its all with what each individual is comfortable using.

I carry a gun everywhere that I legally can. I always have a loaded pistol within arms reach at home.

If you know how to use the weapon you carry, and are proficient with it, it can be a valuable tool and someday save your life.

I wouldnt hesitate to put several holes into a person if I feared for my life or the life and safety of my kids.

Firearms arent for everyone. To Each Her Own.

Nicole

Weapons of Lass Destruction

The weapons and knives talk is interesting.

Guns scare me. In my state of Wisconsin there is currently a debate over whether properly trained and authorized citizens should have the right to carry a concealed loaded weapon. I have seen the arguments from the NRA stating that in the hands of a well trained and practiced person they can be an effective deterent. I've also seen the argument that by introducing a gun into an environment you create a high risk enviroment where the risk of injury to you or a family member is actually increased.

I still have to think that good judgement as to where and when you go out is a more effective and less violent tool.

On the other hand I always carry a knife - for peeling apples.

Lowla

once or twice... ive nbody has ever actually come after me though.

Hey, whatever ya gotta do...

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    No, never felt threatened. Last week was the closest I came to a weirdo. I was driving home while dressed doing 65mph in the right lane when some guy (icky disgusting guy) pulled next to me and started pacing me and looking at me. After a while, I dropped back to 55 mph. He dropped back, too and kept pace and looking. I pushed back to 65, then 75, then 85. Still kept pace, so at the next exit I pulled off the highway. He didn't follow. Another minute and I might have called the state police. Still I wasn't concerned, but just annoyed. If worst came to worst, my Navigator outweighed his little car by a good ton and a half.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I was harassed by a drunk once.
    I learned that a pubic display of masculinity (ripping of wig and glaring at the fellow) doesn't work if the bloke is drunk.
    Alerting the bouncer did work.

I did not feel immediately threatened, though my good-time buzz was fatally wounded for the night.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

threatened

yes lowla on a couple of occasions i have noticed that I was being followed while out shopping. It makes you very nervous not knowing why a man is following you. You just hope they go away which in my cases they eventually did.

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    Nope but then most men dont come near us when we are out mainly becuse of the duel 40 glocks that I carry (and 2 9mm for backup ) ja love having a conseld GOV gun perimet. *^_^

Hopes to you all
    Keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

Michelle
    Have only been out a couple of times and no problem but thats because I went to bars etc that are OK with us crossdressers.

One night I wandered into a bad neighborhood in Allentown , Pa and was followed by a gang of street toughs. When it seemd as though I was a goner, lost and disoriented, just in the enick of time, an Iranian Cabby pulled up in his Yellow cab and said, "Quick Jump In". Needless to say he saved my virginity LOL. I tipped him well (hee hee) and he drove me to the club. Later at closing he was waiting for me and took me back to my car 5 blocks away.
    We meet from time to time at another club and socialize.

Has anyone been threatened or harassed while out?

Lowla[/QUOTE]

I think everyone who goes out in public enfemme should take a self defense class. Earlier this month at our Houston Tri-Ess chapter meeting, a local TS who is a master in martial arts taught us how to defend ouraelves if attached.
    I hope I never have to use what I learned. I have to say that going out enfemme for 27 years in all parts of the US and many countries I have never had a problem - knock on wood.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

A number of years ago in a club a guy walked up to me and decided it was his right to grab and fondle my crotch. He was considerably larger than myself and I felt somewhat helpless...I did manage to push him away....next time I'll call security or the police ......

Diane