• Gurl

25 19.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girl or Gurl?

Wink 100% Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina Maureen View Post
    That's what I consider myself to be. " Gurl ", I dislike almost as much as
    " sissy ". & Trina - A Lady at All Times
    Agree totally and He-She is even worse(She Male I find much less offensive for some reason).Grrrl is fine,but that also refers to GG`s,and thats my Love-Angela. :GE:

playing nice is 1 thing ...however insults are just uncalled for... that I would think is a given !!!!!

Girl

Thats my vote as i'm trying to present myself as female when i dress i much rather like the proper spelling of the word. I don't mush care for the other spelling it looks fake and as with all made up spelling of words they're all fake to me. Girl is a real word found in a dictionary so i'm into real words not fakes.

ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Banned Read only
    Girl.

There is no need to make up another term to continue to further quash the language. Gurl is about the same as replacing S's with Z's, Wut for What, Sup for "whats up" and the list goes on and on.
    Last edited by amanda barber; 02-28-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Gurl??

[SIZE="3"]The term gurl is alot like panties made for men! yuck! I prefer women's clothes and being a GIRL!

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    Obviously in speaking you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, so since we're just referring to how we spell it here, between ourselves, let's take a cue from the "N" word. For an outsider to use it is an insult, but within the group it's cool, a common way of kidding each other. So here's an uncommon vote for Gurl, gurls
    In that respect, I can understand and accept the term "Gurl" as a fun thing between "just us gurls". Kewl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Girl , that is the way i fell

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Only a moron would use a non-word like 'gurl'.
    Hey PaulaJane gurl, I guess I am a moron than. But at least I am an accepting moron.

Kimberlys-CD
    Joe in a skirt
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Given these choices, I prefer "girl." My real preference is woman. I'm neither a girl nor a woman, but I present myself as a female. At my age, "woman" seems more appropriate than "girl." I don't like "gurl" because it detracts--in my own mind--from what I'm trying to present.
    warmly, Linnea

Put me down in the Girl colum........

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Moron ? Google it Sweety. It and allot of other "bent" spelled words are getting into the laungage. There are just some terms ment for females. And I think it's just a sign of respect not to invade all their spaces.

Just a second-I gotta check my plumbing!

Duhhhhh,, uh.... gurl!!

Wow, who rattled your cage?? I think you should get back in it, do us all a favour and STFU

Oh.... did I insult you?? not nice is it eh?? moron indeed... takes one to know one
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Never cared for titles really. Salandra defines me just fine.

Boys Will Be Girls

Wikipedia
    GIRL
    A girl is a female child,as opposed to a boy, a male child. The age at which a female person transitions from girl to woman varies in different societies; typically the transition from adolescence to maturity is taken to occur in the late teens.

The English word (first documented in 1290) originally designated a child of either sex. To designate between the two genders, a female child was called a gay girl, while a male child was called a knave girl. During the 14th century its sense was narrowed to specifically female children. Subsequently, it was extended to refer also to mature but unmarried young women since the 1530s. Usage in the sense of (romantic) "sweetheart" arose in the 17th century.

Historically, girls faced discrimination and limitations on the roles they were expected to play in their societies, and the United Nations targeted discrimination in schooling to end by 2010. An ongoing debate about the influences of nature versus nurture in shaping the behavior of girls and boys raises questions about whether the roles played by girls are the result of inborn differences or socialization. Images of girls in art, literature, and popular culture often demonstrate assumptions about gender roles.

I must be really lost...I say Girly gurl.. Oops now I don't even fit in here.. Shucks.

GIRL!!!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

I have always prefered GIRL

Definitely girl. Just because I'm a boy during the day and at work doesn't make me any less of a girl to need a different title.

Content and Happy
    'Girl'. Just don't feel any other way. I just don't think of myself as a male anymore.

Lanore

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

girl or gurl

Only girl for me, I like the real word and wish to be more like the real thing.

girl

Like my monicker, "Just one of the Girls"
    "Diane"

Girl, gurl is just bad English.
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj

Gurl as it is a code that we know and understand