Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Does One Explain Shaved Legs?

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Okay, here's my dilemma of the day. I've been very anxious to shave my legs, but haven't done so because I have a ten-year-old daughter who I'm pretty sure would notice. My legs aren't very hairy to begin with, but since I wear novelty boxer-type shorts and a t-shirt for pj's most of the time, and we usually end up lying around in the tv room like that for a while, I think she's gonna' notice.

Wearing long sleep pants isn't much of an option b/c it's really hot down here most of the time and to do so would mean running the a/c so much it would freeze my wife and daughter to death. Wifey doesn't have a problem with me doing this, but I've got to figure out what to do about my daughter. Any ideas?

Thanx!
    GAWD!!! Are we still seriously discussing this!
    Christ, Mary and her damn lambs!
    This, to me, seems ludicrious.
    I have NEVER cared why or if a guy shaved.
    Yea yea, I ain't like the rest.
    And I can see explaining it to a 10 year old or wife/SO can be an issue.
    But honestly, does it matter? Unless your partner wants you so ****ing hairy that you're a beast. I suppose then it would. As for your daughter if your SO/wife is supportive then you say "Daddy likes it that way" or "It cuts down on my drag (no pun intended) when I __________________ (run, walk, swim, bike)".
    I had a personal training I hired and he shaved. I didn't really notice, he said something one time about shaving and that it was because he ran and biked. Truly, I believed him, not one more thought about it.
    Kew

(goes and take blood pressure pills, tranquilizers, a fifth of scotch)
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

I have shaved my legs every day for almost 3 years. My GF was aware, and although she was uncomfortable with Wenda and dressing, she liked the smooth legs. She notices if I don't shave for a day or two. Honestly, I have just forgotten about it, and I have had a couple of comments, but along the lines of Lorrieann's, ie, 'Nice legs". I am ok with that. Just go with it. If you count the number of joggers and bikers that you see on a warm day in the summer, not with only shaved legs, but shaved everything, you will realize NOBODY CARES!!! wenda

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Okay, here's my dilemma of the day. I've been very anxious to shave my legs, but haven't done so because I have a ten-year-old daughter who I'm pretty sure would notice. My legs aren't very hairy to begin with, but since I wear novelty boxer-type shorts and a t-shirt for pj's most of the time, and we usually end up lying around in the tv room like that for a while, I think she's gonna' notice.

Wearing long sleep pants isn't much of an option b/c it's really hot down here most of the time and to do so would mean running the a/c so much it would freeze my wife and daughter to death. Wifey doesn't have a problem with me doing this, but I've got to figure out what to do about my daughter. Any ideas?

Thanx!
    Are you into any sports that might require shaving your body (legs).....cycling, swimming, anything you can spin into a reason to do it openly?

Amiad

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post
    She might notice, but I bet it won't bother her You don't need to make up excuses, never lie to your kids... they'll find out anyway Just tell her your hairs make you feel itchy and you want to try shaving them off to see how it feels for a while
    and what charlene also (a coworker said......) this combination would be really good, but i don't think the gradual thing will work.

they feel absolutely divine, i will never let it grow back.
    all the best.

katey

Platinum Member
    just shave them relay that simple .... as far as your daughter... go ahead shave them then tell her look i shaved my legs .... she might think your weird she might say cool ... and she might not even care... like you said you can't hide it so tell her you like it because your cooler with out leg fur...

People generally wont comment - they either too polite or too uncomfortable. Your daughter will notice. My daughter hates the way my husband shaves - and so do I. He's not that hairy to start with, but I really dont like his hairless body (he uses a depilatory cream on legs and chest). I hate it. But I love him. End of story. Kids hate it when their parents dont conform - until they're into their late teens when they can start to relate to us as people and not just parents - so you have about 8 years of worrying about your daughter!

After returning back from Hawaii, a close GG friend of mine noticed my legs were shaved. I told her that it was easier to apply sunscreen without all that hair. It's true!

legs

Quote Originally Posted by loriannetucson View Post
    If she's that young she probably will only take a single glance and then move on to something else.

The biggest thing is just don't make a big deal about it and others around you won't either. My wife just told me that years ago when we were in high school and then college, there were a few friends who asked her why I shaved my legs or wore colored socks with my keds, but she just told them, "Well that's the way he likes it," and that was the end of it.

Only one time did I get a comment that was implied in the negative, but I actually took it as a compliment. A college aged girl at my church was aware as all the other college aged men and women that I shaved my legs and wore slouch socks. One day after church she came up to me and said, "You still shave your legs?" When I said, "Yeah, why? They don't look like girl's legs, do they?" She replied, "Well, actually they do..." and she gave me a HUGE smile because that was EXACTLY what she was thinking! I was actually thrilled that my legs at least looked like women's legs. They have always been long and slim, and shaved they do look girly. I'm hoping hormones only helps this even though I know it's not going to do a miracle.

I maintained those friendships for years, and once I got over the shaved legs issue/non-issue with them, they never brought it up again.

It was a cool time back then, I'll admit.

Lori Anne
    i had a date yesterday the 2nd one in 3 years she is the same age we was at my place it was quite a chat and i wanted to be up front with her i told her about me crossdressing and she asked if i shaved my legs i said yes i asked her if she wanted to see me dressed she hesitated then said yes i dressed almost all the way skirt panties,bra,shoes.and blouse i made her close her eyes and i stood in front of her, i expected a bad reaction but to my supprise when she opened her eyes she said nice set of shaved legs she said they look better than mine. i asked her to rub them GOSH SHE DID i was a very happy cdr and i just have that feeling she is later on gonna be more than a g/f wish me luck GLENDA

Great news Glenda! Good luck!

Nobody seems to notice my shaved hands. Maybe the long buffed nails distract them.

How to explain shaved limbs: "You've heard of sleep-walking? Well, I'm a sleep-shaver."

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Well, you won't like yourself if you lie and children usually don't need a long and often "okay I get it" kind of answer. Be truthful, you thought you would like to and you did it and may keep doing it. Have you ever been to a gym and seen the macho guys in the corner pressing the free weights? No hair anywhere. It has become very okay for men of all walks of life to shave anything and everything. But, I know the feelings and they are yours and therefore just fine. Good luck and yes, it feels wonderful. Be You. Ronni.

WARNING : TEASE ALERT

I agree with Julie, kids will blab at the worst possible moment sooo it might be better to make up a fun whopper and when she comes out with it to others you can say you have taken up beach volleyball and hairy legs just so ruin the look of your bikini

Well honey i was on my way home when ..
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 03-02-2007 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Picture removed... Tiffany... tsk tsk. don't make me slap you ;)
    flaunt it you'll get it
    [SIZE=3]Tiffany Tuesday[/SIZE]

It's springtime. Tell her you're shedding your winter coat.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Oo-er slap away today, Tamara anytime hon, I'll turn the other cheek
    flaunt it you'll get it
    [SIZE=3]Tiffany Tuesday[/SIZE]

Some of my friends gave me crap when I first started shaving but then again I didn't really stop at shaving my legs. I just told them it was becuase I liked it. I used to swim. No one else has ever said a word no new friends or girls have said anything, well a couple of the girls will tell me I am getting stubly but other then that no comments.

It's interesting how much "stuff" this question brings up for all of us. Let's not forget that shaving your legs for the first time CAN be a big deal (at least to us if not to the rest of the world).

I've been shaving for a few years. When my 4 year old neice asked me why I didn't have hair on my legs or arms, I said "Because I shave it off". She said, "Oh.".

A few minutes later she asked why I shave it off, and I said "Because it feels cleaner". She said, "Oh.".

That was that.

As always, I HIGHLY recommend shaving. If you look around, you'll see lots of guys who do!

Christa
    http://groups.yahoo.com/MWSL

My wife is still having trouble with the "shaved leggs" thing must be the 80's hair band thingy......lol. Lucky for me my daughter (15) hates hair and has no problem with my legs. But to be honest most people just don't notice, not at the gym, when we go out, etc..........

Huggsss...

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I shave my legs every once in awhile and nobody notices. If someone were to ask I would simply tell them I like the way my wife feels with both of us having shaved legs, and it is the truth!
    Ally

Red face

Just be honest with your children they are lot smarter then you think they will accept you for you and have no problems with it.

Personal hygene!!!!!!

Before I became more serious about crossdressing I was already shaving my underarms and Why???? Because hair is the leading contributor to body odor. When my underarms are shaved I stink alot less same applies to legs and where ever else you have hair.

So shave away, body hair is overrated.

I've never had anyone comment on my shaved legs, arms, or hands, and I have had them this way for years now. If anyone ever did, I would just be honest about it and say that I don't like body hair and that it is a personal preference for me. The thing is to not be self conscious or defensive about it. There is no rule book in life that says men aren't allowed to shave areas other than their face. It's no big deal really, and we should look at it as such.

......Ah honey....It was all burned off in a terrible shop accident in the garage when I lit the oxy/ace torch to do some light metal fabrication.

Beth
    Wedding Dresses...Perals...and Heels...Oh My!

Back sometime near the middle of the last century when I played high school football, I shaved my legs. At least, that is, after removing the tape on my ankles that first time. Can you all say OUCH!

Smile

I've been shaving my legs for the last 6 months or so. I have just got through summer down here in Australia and I also work on remote mine sites and not one person has said a word to me not even my 14 year old daughter. I am getting to the point were I don't care if they do I need to do it for myself to make me feel right. there are more important things for people to worry about and if a friend has a problem with it it's their problem not yours. Do what feels right.

Shave carefully
    Rashell
    Rashell StClaire

the truth

i have two boys, one has since moved out.
    i told them the truth i shave my legs because my wife and i like it.
    there response was "cool"

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Today shaved legs are not such a big deal. Metro sexuals have done a lot in that regard.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!