Thread: Ever try to quit CD shopping?

Banned Read only

Ever try to quit CD shopping?

I have over 70 skirt suits and a good collection of dresses, school girl clothes, cheerleader suits, shoes, and lingerie. I tell myself now that I should just be happy with what I've got and not buy anything anymore. But I find it hard to stop. I'm currently thinking of getting an ebay skirt suit for $25 and 3 Liz Clairborne bra and panty sets from TJ Maxx.

My other bad habit is bicycles. I have $23005 worth of bicycles and my latest bike cost me around $5000 from ebay but it's worth $8650 ! I tell myself to not buy any bike stuff anymore too, but my bike habit is what keeps me a slim size 4.

Of course I will never purge, just sell unwanted stuff on ebay.

Do any of you have bad shopping habits you need to quit?

Yea... Keep me out of the ladies section of any store. Oh... Don't let me near the computer section either. I could get lost there for days. A kid in a candy store....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very Addictive, NO WAY!!!!!!!
    XOXO Tiffany

nope i whant it all give me give me

Right On

Quote Originally Posted by CDTiffany View Post
    Very Addictive, NO WAY!!!!!!!
    XOXO Tiffany
    Tiffany- You Go Girl ! & Trina - Shoppaholic
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

i'm having shopping addiction issues to. i only have a small drawer to keep my stuff, and its already quite full, but i keep thinking, maybe i can squeeze just one more in. i can't stop!

panties and bicycles

Recently I became a shopper for womens cloths and now I have a hard time stopping. I also understand the part about the bicycles. I am looking at getting my fourth bike in as many years. One mtn bike, two road bikes, twenty pair of panties, and hopefully a new tri-bike this month.

$5000 bike!!!!

Eeek! You can get a good bicycle at any midwestern US garage sale for less than $50
    Right now I'm in a lull with shopping for clothes, but with Be-All coming up at the end of May I'll need a few things. But eBay is always calling me, softly, there from the recesses of my computer......one click away......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have stopped. I have enough women's clothes to last me for about 50 years (and then some). The only thing I'll need to keep up with is underwear mostly and maybe makeup. Even all of that may slow down a bit now that I'm being Rich more. I was up at about 100% dressing in December, now it's about 45% and going down. I don't toss anything though, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    Yea... Keep me out of the ladies section of any store. Oh... Don't let me near the computer section either. I could get lost there for days. A kid in a candy store....
    exactly the same, but retail therapy is so much fun!

My girlfrind constantly points out that my girl wardrobe is getting bigger than hers (which isn't true; I know what she has in her closets) but I can't resist a good sale.

And be thankful you have only one pricey hobby; I have about what you in in bicycles invested in camera equipment, and my other hobby makes that one look cheap. But then, I used to race cars and after that, every hobby looks cheap.

Aspiring Member
    i've had to 'quit' (or stop for the time being) CDing shopping due to money restrictions.

I stopped because I don't have any room left. Then I pay off my credit card. And that's it. Then I happen to see a cute skirt or two or some nice panties and then I'm ordering again. I think I can squeeze in another pair of heels too.

Bonnie

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Try to quit buying clothes. Nope, it's a battle that I will not even attempt. Jocelyn

Platinum Member
    oh yes for sure i do that all the time .... and i have a system that works well .... if i don't buy something fem for a day .... then i reward myself buy going shopping for something vary cute or those to die for heels i had my eye on....

OK so my system has a few flaws in it but it works OK for me.......

I have very limited space to store my clothes and lingerie

This doesn't stop me from being addicted to shopping on EBAY, just have to make hard decisions on what to get rid of to make room for the new stuff

Diane

LOL, I'm right with you there Jesse, though I think I've had a bit more control (or less $$) than you have!

Lately, I've been shopping but not buying. I only buy something if it REALLY calls out to me or is a style I don't have yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    Eeek! You can get a good bicycle at any midwestern US garage sale for less than $50
    The same for biking, Amina mentioned a 'good bicycle' for $50 (for that price, I'm guessing it is about a dollar/pound?) I'd hate to say that even one pair of the bike shorts I like cost three times that! I've spent almost $1000 just for a wheelset (and have friends who race that have spent twice that). Right now the count is 'just' a mtb and a road bike. If I added up all the 'upgrades' on each they'd probably each come in somewhere in the $3500 range. I'm looking to add one more (maybe a 'cross bike) for this early season wet muddy riding so I can save my nice road bike.

Just like CD shopping, there is no end to what you 'need'. Either upgrades to the bike, bike clothing, maintenance/repairs, sports drink or energy gels, etc, etc. But like my wife says, it beats paying for a gym membership or even worse, medical costs for things caused by being out of shape!

So PM me and tell me what kind of bike you have that you dropped that kind of cash on. I have a few ideas and want to see if I'm right
    Last edited by Cristi; 03-02-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Can't stop shopping !!!

I can't stop myself shopping, when I'm on the internet I always end up on Ebay. I try and set a max. bid without going over the top. If you don't win the item it's not too bad. But if it's something you really like and you MUST HAVE IT then that rule doesn't apply !! Keep an eye on the bank or credit card statement because without realising it you'll owe it a fortune. I have enough dresses, skirts, tops and various oufits and uniforms to set up my own ladies fashion store.(NO WAY).

Regards

Carla

My biggest addiction is fast becoming lingerie! I just cannot help myself! How can you walk past something so cute and leave it! Giggles

Yasmin x

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    I have a very soft spot for sleepwear (oh, but that's so CUTE) and underwear (I was always buying men's underwear too). Unfortunately I don't have many warm weather clothes. It's going to be hard to resist adding "just one _____" to the shopping cart, real or virtual.

That's the downside of being integrated. I don't have a "her" to blame for buying things and I don't have a "him" to blame for not being able to buy things.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Shopping is so much fun

I spent the better part of a down travel day shopping in Atlanta, I have more clothes than i can possibly use, yet I love to get new outfits. What girl doesn't want to stay up with fashions. If I had the time to dress more often, I would shop even more.

See the new wig and top.

Tiffany
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have sorta stopped intermitatanly , but am always on the look out , for upgrades !!!!!!!!! but got enoughf to last for a long time !!!!!!!!
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Ekkkkkk.... You've got it bad!!! I'd rather stick myself in the eye with a mascara wand than stop shopping...... But I don't actually buy that much anymore.. I just shop a lot.. Big difference!! And I give most of my old things away when I get tight on space... Already starting a new box....

My car didn't cost $23,000!!! Lol. Ok the pickup didn't. The other's did...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    LOL, I'm right with you there Jesse, though I think I've had a bit more control (or less $$) than you have!

Lately, I've been shopping but not buying. I only buy something if it REALLY calls out to me or is a style I don't have yet.

Just like CD shopping, there is no end to what you 'need'. Either upgrades to the bike, bike clothing, maintenance/repairs, sports drink or energy gels, etc, etc. But like my wife says, it beats paying for a gym membership or even worse, medical costs for things caused by being out of shape!

So PM me and tell me what kind of bike you have that you dropped that kind of cash on. I have a few ideas and want to see if I'm right
    Cristi - it's nice to see bikers on this forum.

My initial purchase was a 2006 Carbon Fiber Cervelo Soloist Team with Chorus and Ksyrium SLs for $3015 shipped. Then I upgraded the derailleurs to Record, put an ergomo pro powermeter on it, and bought Zipp 404 clincher wheels for it.

Here's a breakdown of it -
    CF Soloist 3015
    ebay Record Rear Der 180.5
    Record Front 65
    Forte Carbon Cages 32
    Cage Credit -10
    Record Pedals -113.5
    Chorus Rear Der -98.74
    Chorus Front Der -33.2
    ebay shipping 13.66
    ebay Ksyrium SL -425
    ebay list fee 10.43
    ergomo pro 1305
    Zipp 404 1135
    FSA Crank 220
    Total spent - $5296.15

Total Value of the bike in current configuration from piece by piece purchase if bought new --

8 Bar Tape
    44.88 Record Chain
    123 Chorus Cassette
    20 SPD Pedals
    10 Rim Tape
    3200 CF Soloist
    234.88 Record Rear Der
    102.95 Record Front
    32 Forte Carbon Cages
    248 Chorus Shifter
    60 Nokon Cables
    450 FSA Crank
    55 Ritchey Bars
    109 Fizik Seat
    168.88 Chorus Brakes
    25 Mity 8
    1649 ergomo pro
    1900 Zipp 404
    80 GP 4000 tires
    10 tubes
    75 Labor
    80 Syntace F99
    46 Zipp 404 skewers

$8731.59

And I plan to put Speedplay Zero Ti pedals on it (currently on my Kestrel Talon) and maybe put Record skeleton brakes on it too when I have more money.

This is my dream bike, and I guess after this I should buy no more bikes!

Here's an old pic of it from December 06.

This is the fastest road bike you can buy. Just check out Cervelo.com for more info about the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    I do and it is fueled by the notion that there is that one more perfect item that I need. It could be particular shoes or some fantasy item. There is always that item. Right now I am on an expedition for the perfect pump.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!