Thread: First time Out and About in the day

First time Out and About in the day

I have finally managed to go out dressed during the daytime. Not round to b/fs, but out shopping (Tesco of all places), along the seafront walking my dog, and photographing.
    I started to get an 'itch' that kept saying "Oh just go out", and one day I just did that. First of all to the seafront to walk my dog, then into Tesco to do the grocery shopping and pick up some makeup.
    I had made my mind up that I was no longer worried if I didn't completely pass as fem. I'm not too bad looking as fem, but not 100% convincing. I had begun to realise that half the people in the street don't even look at you, and them that do would still have to work out whether or not I was real fem or not. So suddenly it didn't seem to be too big an issue.
    What was so surprising was that it didn't feel "exciting" with a capital E. Strangely it felt normal and gently pleasant.
    An assistant in Tesco pointed out an empty til, she didn't show any sign of 'spotting' me. People on the seafront didn't 'spot' me, and a few days later when I was out photographing, one young woman waited until I had completed a picture before crossing the camera's path. I thanked her, and she too didn't show any signs of noticing.
    Maybe they did and were too polite, or maybe they just didn't twig that I wasn't truly fem. But, that was what I'd guessed might happen - it wasn't traumatic.

Congratulations

Now when your heels finally come back down to Earth, do you think you can tell us all about it? x5
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny5050 View Post
    I had made my mind up that I was no longer worried if I didn't completely pass as fem. I'm not too bad looking as fem, but not 100% convincing. I had begun to realise that half the people in the street don't even look at you, and them that do would still have to work out whether or not I was real fem or not. So suddenly it didn't seem to be too big an issue.

Congratulations Penny.
    DonnaT

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Great to hear about your little adventure. I am so glad that it went without a hitch.

all the best
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Contratulations. My first time was a bit more stressful, but recently the 'just do it attitude' has helped me too. I'm beggining to think that people don't notice much and if they do I think most people would not call you on it. You have to be prepared to deal with anything though. I think a smile helps a lot in dealing with other people.

Congratulations Penny,

You look great and extremely feminine. That's probably why you can go out so easily...

I've gone out "en femme" during day time a couple of times but never wen shopping "en femme". I've shopped in drab for skirts, tops or underwear and even tried women clothes in the shops. I didn't have any problem doing it...

So all that remains to do is shopping "en femme"

Thanks for giving many of us the good example...

Eugenie

Go girl! Coffee anytime? Amanda
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

Thanks

Thanks to you all for the support.
    Sally I couldn't help but agree with you - smiling really helps. Smiling was part of my decision when setting out. It helps enormously with my own persona, and it's amazingly helpful when applying my make up.
    Amanda - what a fab quote - one foot in Narnia - LOL.
    Coffee in Dorset could be a possibility maybe - it isn't a million miles away.
    Love to you all
    Penny

Wow, I'm jealous

Never had the courage to go out much, and certainly don't have enough opportunities at the moment ... and there is NO way I look as passable as you either!

So I read about your trip out with a large amount of admiration but even more jealousy
    Fiona

---
    Does my bum look big in this?

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/fionasboots

Smile

[SIZE="4"]That's so wonderful, Penny. Our stories are similar. I'm so glad that you took that first step. It gets better each time you go out.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Penny,

So glad to have one more example of "Stepping Out".

Looks like you brought acceptance of yourself and were rewarded with the same from others.

That is a *GOOD DAY!*.

Love to hear more as you keep stepping out!

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    It surely was wonderful.... fresh air, daylight, people and yourself being yourself....
    Congratulations..... now when you have settled yourself andare planning thenext rrip, donot forget the camera and of course the mini tripod....
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny5050 View Post
    So suddenly it didn't seem to be too big an issue.
    What was so surprising was that it didn't feel "exciting" with a capital E. Strangely it felt normal and gently pleasant.
    Its much easier to pass if your relaxed and just going about your business.

An assistant in Tesco pointed out an empty til, she didn't show any sign of 'spotting' me. People on the seafront didn't 'spot' me, and a few days later when I was out photographing, one young woman waited until I had completed a picture before crossing the camera's path. I thanked her, and she too didn't show any signs of noticing.
    Maybe they did and were too polite, or maybe they just didn't twig that I wasn't truly fem. But, that was what I'd guessed might happen - it wasn't traumatic.
    Nope. People see what they expect to see. They expected to see a woman taking pictures and they did. Even small mistakes you might have made in movements and mannerisms were discounted because it was a relaxed woman who might not have been standing right because she was taking pics, looking for the right angle, or fighting glare etc,. You'll know when people spot you, even the polite ones who never say a thing have a 1/2 second or so pause that tells you that they are processing how to proceed in dealing with you.

Dress age and area appropriate (there is allways a dress or skirt style thats age or area apropriate). The farther aways you get from that, the more small mistakes are amplified and noticed.
    Last edited by amanda barber; 03-07-2007 at 03:22 PM.