Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDs in small towns

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar

CDs in small towns

Hey!---Ever stop to think what CDs in small towns do?---I mean, in small towns that are 50, or 100 miles from ANYWHERE?---I live in a small town that is 52 miles from the nearest large town; that town being Amarillo, Texas. ---Also, in these small towns, the (small) minds prevail, and you know what they think of CDs!--------(Closet City!!!)-------stay hid!---This is unreal!---We DO have one (1)--Crossdresser, that apparently doesn't give a s@#t!---He/she is the only visible one in town. I have seen her myself!---quite often. This fellow is a Driller for a local,---Well known oilfield company.---Get this!---He/she is always out in the summer evenings, hanging out on street corners. The last time I saw him, he pulled up to an intersection, beside us, wearing a red teddy, black fishnet hose, black high heels, and a FULL, Black beard, wearing a do-rag, ---riding his Harley!!!------He went to a local store to pay his utilitie bills!!!-----All this, right on Main street, in broad daylight!!!---This CD goes to WalMart here in town, to shop for his outfits,---In DRESS!---People laugh at him, they make fun of him, but He doesn't seem to care.---And,------Nobody MESSES with him!!!-------The cops stop him all the time, but they don't do anything, because He's not showing anything!---This CD must have SOME KIND of Big BRASS -"You know what!"---Next time I see him, I am going to give him a BIG --Thumbs Up!------I don't care WHAT my riding buddy thinks!----Our small town is the kind that,-when they see him, quiet words are said about --"A bullet would be the best thing for him".---Things like that, I hear!------Really, a closed-minded town!---Not like a larger city.---This town is "Religion-controled"!---Very backwards!-----Not a place for CDers, though, I am sure they are here; just in hiding!------Pretty bad, isn't it?------for us.

Like they say Lust..."be careful out there!" Must be something in the water, huh?

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Love,
    Chrissie

hi lust

were almost neighbors, I know what your talking about. Im in clovis, small town surrounded by macho cowboy types. I venture out once in a while but Im careful as to where I venture. LOL Wilma
    wilma
    me and my "pinkcheeks"

I used to live in a town with a population of less than 5K. I moved! Like Christine said, be careful. And for your CD biker friend, the next time you see her, give her 2 thumbs up (one for me).
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I am going to do something that I would normally NEVER do. I will tell you where I live:------Pampa, Texas

Sounds to me like this CD is kind of hip to hang out with.
    Perhapes she has lost everything one could imagine and really to the point of
    "Ride to live,and Live to ride"
    And riding that hwy of life on your own terms as she does definantly show guts.
    Goes to show Feminity and machoism can co-exist in harmony.
    "Ride free" (I think I just swallowed a bug)
    [COLOR=Pink]I am [/pink]

Platinum Member
    hot lust walking.......small town thats us we got one traffice light a flashing yellow
    pretty ......red necks for shure .....the good old boys......cd freindly i don't even want to try it......park the car out back .....dressed and out of town.....this small town not the place to cd............

Aspiring Member
    Yeah well then try the midwest it is just like that here to and my town is not all that small either it is over 40,000 but try to dres here if you live here noway!. But that's whay they have larger cities nearby Like St Louis Kansasa City and SpringField. Oh well one of these day soon I'm going to go in and dress outside.then you will see!. Until then! But you know what I really do not care what others think it's up to us really. Anyway!. Suzy!.

Hi lust

Your secret is safe with us. LOL Wilma
    wilma
    me and my "pinkcheeks"

Quote Originally Posted by wilma
    Your secret is safe with us. LOL Wilma
    Our town is/was 19,000 and falling, due to no new industry, which the "old money city fathers"---voted not to have in THEIR town!---A new WalMart distrubution center would have helped!---So would many others, that they said "NO", to. Our young people are leaving our town, for jobs in larger cities. This town is slowly dieing. ---Has been, for 15 years.-----------I would like to meet another CD, here, where I live, but I doubt that will happen.
    Last edited by Sweet Jeanette; 02-07-2005 at 11:33 PM. Reason: more onfo

Vallari (Goddess) ;)
    From what I've seen (primarilyl aerial photography) Amarillo and Waco are *roughly* the same size. I know how you feel HLW. I dunno if religion is a major driver here, but it's definitely a lot more close-knit then my fav city - Austin.

Austin has a famous CD'r too. Leslie. From what I've heard she's actually homeless, but walks around en-femme all the time. Wheather it be day or night, rush-hour or dead-nightitime streets. I have heard no stories of harassment yet either. She wears lingirie on the street - i mean thongs, teddies, and related stuff. She show's skin. I only saw her once so far and it was an interesting site. She's more of a tourist atraction it seems then a menace to downtown. Very unique and interesting situation!

I live in a town of about 750, so I always drive out of town when I'm dressed.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

52 miles?? That's all? Do you have a car? It couldn't be more than 45 minutes or so to that nearest city then. Hell, I drive 45-50 minutes in town just to get to my makeover appointments.

Being a CD doesn't mean that you HAVE to go out dressed, but if that is what you want to do, then just drive a bit.... have fun!

DanaJ

Platinum Member
    i have lived in a bigger city small town is were i am happer...........up town all the bs you need were i am all the peace and quite you want............you can be out in back yard nicked no one can see or cares

Vickie-CD
    The beach I live on in Florida is a very small town, it's actually an island, to go east, west or north you have to go over a bridge, it's surrounded by water and bays. It is made up of both liberals to extreme conservatives. Here it's all about knowing where to go(and more important, where not to go).
    Love,
    Vickie

I definitely know about living in a small town. Population of about 1200 and one traffic light. Well, two if you count the one just out of town. I couldn't take a chance on going out when I had my pickup because everyone knew my truck. I finally got a new car that blends in with so many others like it so now I can get out but have to drive about 25 miles to Utica, NY where I feel safe enough to shop enfemme. Even now I'm taking a risk getting away from my immediate area. And as for that guy who is a real spectacle, I wouldn't have the guts to try anything like that.
    Kisses, Linda

I too live in a very small town. we have two trafic lights wow. it is tough but I do like the small town atmosphere. put that small town in maine and wow you are realy in the sticks. but maine (life in the slow lane) has many advantages.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

I grew up in one of those small towns, and my family was fairly well known. I know the pressures of small town life. You're right, its closet city there. Now as far as driving to the next big city, some of the "big" cities can be just as closeminded as the small ones, what you don't have in the city is the they know me factor. I've known people that would dress and go to the first town where they won't be recognized to shop mainly. Hard to go to a club/bar in a small town, those are usually redneck heaven and a good way to get beat down.
    Krissi

Close to where I live we too have a "girl" who is a bold as the lass in Pampa. The super macho North East coast of England. Everybody in the town knows Lawrence goes walkabout and knowbody seems to care. Kids to tease him. He is often seen enfemme from the waist down but definately man up top. He even goes to the local soccer game in a crowd of 6000+ footy fans. A very brave "girl". Each to his own but for me its all or nothing. 100% girl or nothing.
    England does have Roses

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lust walking
    Our town is/was 19,000 and falling, due to no new industry, which the "old money city fathers"---voted not to have in THEIR town!---A new WalMart distrubution center would have helped!---So would many others, that they said "NO", to. Our young people are leaving our town, for jobs in larger cities. This town is slowly dieing. ---Has been, for 15 years.-----------I would like to meet another CD, here, where I live, but I doubt that will happen.
    (You identified your town as Pampa. Small comfort I know....but at least Pampa is famous. Woody Guthrie grew up there, and his dust bowl ballads had their origin in the dust storms that rolled through there in the early 1930's.)

I came from a small town that was certainly not CD friendly. We had a crossdresser once too. But she didn't do as well as the one you described in Pampa is apparently doing. I remember in high school that the word got around that a CD was arrested on main street, probably on charges of disturbing the piece, and that the guy was sitting in the town jail actually WEARING WOMEN'S CLOTHES. Tolerance did not roll down like the healing waters in that time and place.

You are surely right about some aspects of small town living. In Missouri, the attitudes in Kansas City and St. Louis are certainly very different from those in many of the small towns.

Oh Yeah, Sisters.---Most of the people in our town know of our one lone crossdresser, (The one they know of )!---The yahoos and the macho dudes, and even the ladies of the town all berate her, make public fun of her, threaten things to her; all that stuff. ---It sickens me.---Their narrow-minded thinking makes me want to puke!---(Sorry).----This "better than thou" thinking & attitude, is beyond comprehension to me!--------I know, it sounds as so I am talking just about our town, but I know the same form of thinking is everywhere, not just here.-------Oooooooh, BUT if they Knew, that there is "another"!!!-------They would feel like they were absolutely, "Under Siege"!------(Not to mention the ones in the closet!)----They are here, I have "made" quite a few of the girls around here, though THEY don't know it, ---Much less, the townspeople!!!---If the town knew how many are in this small town,----There would be chaos!!!------There would be PURGINGS!!!---Gnashing of Teeth!!!----------Not that Im making fun of the "do gooders", and the Macho bunch, and the "Better than thouers", but I am!!!---------Oooooooh, it's fun to have a secret!!!

It sounds like you should all move to Austin. But I understand why that's not feasible for many.

Love
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    It sounds like you should all move to Austin. But I understand why that's not feasible for many.

Love
    The job is too solid, and for a homeowner, it's hard to move.

Yeah, small-town crossdressing can be a bitch. (is that a pun?) I still live in a town of 6000, been here most of my life. You know most folks and they know you. Imagine driving around en femme, when every car is driven by either a neighbor, friend, relative or just someone who knows you by sight! Everyone waves to everyone! "Hey! Did you just see that!?" By nightfall, it would be common knowledge...No, I visit Austin and Dallas as often as possible; the opportunities to dress up there abound. I always pack femme things when we stay overnight. It's a great time to relax and enjoy your hotel room as a girl. Olivia
    ps. I hear that Leslie now "housesits" a really nice place in Austin for some kind benefactor; he's not living on the streets anymore. Still a dressed up fixture in town though. O

Next time you see him giv him a thumbs up for me too. That is way cool. I couldn't be that rash about it. I would want to try to pass, but it is great that he has the cahoonas to do it.