Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What have I done now????

What have I done now????

This afternoon, I had to go into town to get a replacement dsl modem. Just over a mile to the west of the computer store is a shopping mall with a MAC counter in one of the department stores. So here I go in in drab, and set up an appointment for a makeover. I told the makeup artist I had $200 to spend, so if she wanted to sell the brush kit she we would have to keep the makeup amount down to under $150. We talked, and set up an appointment for the afternoon on 3/8/2007. I have an awards banquet to go to that evening, and I want to look as good as possible. This means I will need to be en femme before I have the makeover and walk into this department store by myself in a dress, heels and wig. What was I thinking of?????

Helen in OK

Wow thats awesome. So are you gonna keep your appointment? I hope so and please take pics and post them. Keep us informed.

ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

You could always wear a trench coat over it and take it off before leaving. Super Spy! (walks into department store and dissapears... No one has left sir, except a woman.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    If your regretting the 200 bucks. I'd just cancel the appointment. At MAC you don't have to buy respect, you'll get it no matter what. If you want cosmetic brushes, Target sells a decent set of brushes for 20 dollars.

Helen. Are you regretting making your appointment ? You can see by my avatar that I went and had a great time. I must admit I had two friends with me. But it's was ultimately up to me to go through with this. Are getting make instructions, or are you just having them demonstrate them to you so you know what you want? I got some advice and tips that will help me in the future. I know they expect you to buy makeup. I never felt pushed or over sold. In the end I got a new look and bought what I wanted. I'm pretty satisfied.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    For those Aussie members ... MAC are great here too. Very professional and obliging plus total respect. I do seem to spend more than I had planned.
    Michelle (Oz)

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

what have I done now

Go for it, you'll look great and feel like a million bucks. It will help your confidance

I say go for it too, & post the pix , I would !!!!
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Scary, exciting, scintillating is what it must be like over and over again.

You go girl, I am proud of you. You have chutzpah!
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

I am not regretting my making an appointment, I am scared about going into this department store en femme by myself in the middle of the afternoon.

If I had a trench coat I might wear it, giggle.

I plan to take my camera with me and have the makeup artist take pictures, which I will post here.

Helen in OK

girl next door
    Good for you, Helen! Sure you'll be nervous, especially if it's your first time doing this. But you'll do it enjoy it, get some tips AND look your best for the fun evening ahead. Go for it, and have fun! We'll look forward to the pix. Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Don't give it a second thought. I did the exact same thing New Years Day, 2007.

Couple of things, put on a light amount of foundation & wear lipstick. The makeup artist can use a little cleanser to remove it before your makeover.That will give you some change from male mode. Second, look for the most direct route from the parking lot to the MAC area in the store. Most department stores have multiple entrances.

Hugs,

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by Helen in OK View Post
    I am not regretting my making an appointment, I am scared about going into this department store en femme by myself in the middle of the afternoon.

If I had a trench coat I might wear it, giggle.

I plan to take my camera with me and have the makeup artist take pictures, which I will post here.

Helen in OK

If you are nervous, I recommend that you dress down a bit for the makeover. Wear nice pants or jeans, a nice top or sweater and flats or low heeled shoes. This will minimize any attention on you.

Jodi

I was joking about the trench coat... The drift was that you could underdress completely and shed your outer clothes after the makeover and walk out completely enfemme. (Change in the restroom if you wanted.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think jodi had a great idea about dressing down for the appt. After go home or have your clothes with you for the dress-up part. Have a great time. you can do it. And yes lots and lots of pics.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Smitten with my ClaireJ claireswife-gg's Avatar

I agree with dressing down

Claire has the least trouble sticking out when she wears a pair of nice linen slacks or nice girly jeans, girly tennis shoes, and a nice cap sleeve t-shirt in girl colors. She has a nice lavender car coat sweater she likes to wear to break it up.

I've found that as a GG, I'll just kind of gloss over anyone dressed like that, but someone dressed up will draw my attention, even if fleeting.
    http://annierushden.blogspot.com/
    Gardens in Bloom - An untraditional love story

Doncha just love it when a computer peripheral breaks down?

You get a new modem and a makeover. What more could a girl ask for?

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Do like Jodi suggests, dress down, or like all the other female shoppers. I did the same thing on Feb. 22. By the time the SA was finished with me, I felt relaxed enough to "explore" the mall. Loved the sound of the boots on the tiles.

Kendra

The idea of dreessing down appeals. My makeover is scheduled for 3 to 4 pm, I have a 2 hour drive to get to a friend's house to carpool with, so I won't have the time to change. Here are links to what I am going to wear.

Here is the dress

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...nc?ID=223341&a

I ordered the teal blue, and it is actually more green than blue. I
    really had my heart set on the blue, but green works.

http://www.wintersilks.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=3~600~&ProductDisplayID=47 &dept=Silk+For+Ladies-silk+turtlenecks+mocks&prod=523+unisex+mid-weight+long+sleeve+mock

I ordered the mock turtleneck in white.

I think everything will work out fine.

Helen in OK

Quote Originally Posted by Helen in OK View Post
    What was I thinking of?????

Helen in OK
    FUN!

Helen if you regretting the appointment I think I can make the 3-8 date in afternoon. Go for it Hun noboby well care went you go in and you will look great coming out.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Just my opinion.. but I think you'll LOVE it. My so loves it when I give her a make over... I have a couple of other clients that I have worked with too... I so mine in-home though... There is a little more privacy that way.. Everyone loves to look beautiful! Have fun with it.. !!

Take Care!
    M

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar
    You go girl!...have a blast with it!

Helen
    We need an update. How was your experience??

Kendra

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar

And So? We're Waiting!

C'mon Helen, so how was the makeover? And your experience at the awards banquet? Details, girl!