Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have I done now????

Uh Oh!!! didn't get home until wayyyyy late?

Dawn

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Did you

Helen, if you chickened out I for one would not blame you. Personnally I think that you are out on the town still with a drink in your hand to celebrate. Please let us know one way or another....
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Things didn't go as planned

Wednesday evening I get a call telling me the place I was planning on changing in would not be available. Arrrrgh, now I have to implement plan B. Hold it there is no plan B. What am I going to do, where will I change. Needless to say I found a way I am not happy about, enough said.

I get to the department store minutes before 3 pm. I lock my truck and walk through the parking lot passing several women and nothing is said, not strange looks. For some reason I had problems with my shoes slipping off my heels, may have been because I was wearing a new pair of 100% rht nylon stockings.

Walk through the department store to the MAC counter and announce I have a 3 pm appointment for a makeover. I get set up with a different makeup artist than the one I originally talked with. So I have to go over what it was I wanted. Fortunately, the way she had applied her own makeup was in line with what I wanted. Natural looking with out looking like I have a ton of makeup on, but the shade had to be very close to my natural skin tone.

She spent almost 50 minutes fixing this mug of mine, and did a fantastic job, all while I sat out in front of the MAC counter. She then prepared a chart listing all of the products used, specifying the colors and any brushes used to apply these products. I spent way too much money on makeup and two brushes, so now I need to practice to try to get close to achieving the same results.

Because of the last minute change in where I was going to change into my outfit, I forgot to bring my camera, so no pictures at the counter.

By the time I got back to my truck, I was running almost 20 minutes later than I had allocated, and I ended up pushing the posted speed limits. Since I was riding to the awards banquet with other officers I called ahead to keep them posted. But I was lucky in that I reached my destination minutes before we were scheduled to leave.

We get to the awards banquet walk in and we are the only 3 cross dressers there. We were dressed as well if not better than most of the ladies present. This awards banquet was put on by a group dedicated to support diversity. Most were there to support the usually areas race, religion and sexual orientation.

Our table had others who were interested in us, and asked questions, which we answered. Our goal was to show others, we are people just like them, but slightly different.

Pictures were taken by the other two members of my party and as soon as I get them they will be posted here.

Helen in OK

While I still haven't received copies of the pictures from March 8th at the awards banquet and after my MAC makeover, here is one I made today after I tried to duplicate what the MAC artist did. I think I am getting close, especially with this new wig. I do apologize for not being centered in the picture.

I finally received a picture form the awards banquet. The lighting is darker, and the size is smaller, but it provides a glimpse of what an artist can do. I do think this is a look I can live with and go out in public with and be comfortable. As much as I would like to look like some of the beauties here, this is more than I ever expected.

Helen in OK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Helen in OK; 03-22-2007 at 02:17 PM. Reason: added picture from banquet

Smitten with my ClaireJ claireswife-gg's Avatar
    Very lovely color palette, you look great

I wish there was a mac counter near us, but no such luck
    http://annierushden.blogspot.com/
    Gardens in Bloom - An untraditional love story

ahhh but how to get in and out of the restroom in the mens restroom as a man and out as a women???? hmmm not easy.

I think you did an excellent job. You look great. Getting that makeup right is the hardest part of all this.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Love Dawn

I went to find the "softer side of Sears" and I can't find my way back

I finally received a picture from the awards banquet. I added it to the post I created on 3/17, to provide a side by side comparison, but the images ended up one over the other. But then it didn't update the activity of the thread. So I am having to add this post. Live and learn.

Helen in OK

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Your outfit looks lovely; hope your make-over did it justice!
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]