View Poll Results: Would you wear a pin or something else that symbolizes you are a crossdresser?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would want others to know.

102 63.35%
  • No, I want to keep my crossdressing a total secret.

59 36.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you want others to know?

Would you want others to know?

I saw it mentioned in another post about wearing a pin or something else noticable to others, while in drab, that symbolizes a person is a crossdresser. This got me thinking..............

So let's say that by wearing a particular pin on your collar (while in drab), it shows that you are a crossdresser. Would you or would you not wear it in public?
    The key to being successful is fooling all of the people all of the time.

Life has it's up and downs. I've past the up part, so it's all downhill from here!

Lil Ones "Baby" Connieminiskirts's Avatar

Not always

Yes I would wear a pin like that in public. However, I would have to choose the circumstances to wear it. Wearing to work would be a very bad idea. I dont think that most people driving trucks, or even truck stop personel would be very understanding. That and so many truckin companies have strange rules about "controversial subjects" in the work place. I mean I cannt even access any thing to do with crossdressing via the company wireless internet access. It is totally blocked. Guess they all afraid I gonna "offend myself" while sittinn in the truck!!

You design the pin, I will happily buy it and wear it when I go shopping, to dinner or just out "trashin around".
    "Be WHO and WHAT you are! Don't ever let anyone tell you what to be! Be yourself and be happy"!

a quote from my father, the only GOOD thing he ever really did for me!

But like Connie stated I would have to choose where and when some of the place I hang out would get a pool que pushed some where were it would not feel good

Wow, I was first!

I voted yes because I think it's something that I should be able to stand up and proudly (if quietly) proclaim - I can almost see some of the reasoning behind any <insert cause> Pride event/symbol/proclamation.

On the other hand, back in reality, I'm not sure the whole "coming out to the world" is something I or my wife (in particular) would cope with at the moment! Maybe too big a step.

Still a good idea though ... we need to find a suitable set of celebrities to launch the campaign!

Oh, and of course come up with a design for the pin ... hmmm, ribbons are fairly well covered now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons

how about a pin in the shape of a pair of heels? Or maybe something obvious like a dress with a cross through it?

Okay, I'm sure there are some way more creative people out there who can come up with something! Oh, and I think it would have to come in all sorts of different colours so that it wouldn't clash with any outfits
    Fiona

---
    Does my bum look big in this?

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/fionasboots

I'm just not ready for that yet. I'm sorry.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

I voted yes , I"m not ashamed of who I am !!!!!!!!
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

I'm not ashamed of who i am ,i really feel my crossdressing being outed would not be seen as something positive for my family especially my wife . Peg

I voted yes. However, I must add that only to those who also crossdress. If the meaning of such a pin or symbol were to become mainstream, it would lose its usefulness.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Hi again Ladies I haven't voted but thought I'd post. I to think it would be too awkward in the workplace and cos of my children even though in both cases they are aware that I cross dress or as my kids see it I dress like a man. I think the fact that I dress all the time this way I am showing that I am comfortable with me without shouting it from the highest roof tops. I remember when I came out as Lesbian, I was a bit younger, I wanted to go on all the pride marches and such like. I wanted the world to know and I wanted to support others like myself. I think cos I'm older now I take a different angle not cos I'm not proud of who I am but because I have to think of others who may be affected by my difference like my kids and my larger family as a whole. I will continue to dress as a man and bend the laws of gender but I will be more subtle in my advertisement of the fact i.e. with a badge. I say well done to those of you who feel you can wear the badge with pride xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Voted Yes. As others have said, I am not ashamed of who I am. I would like the idea of knowing and seeing others who are like me, in real life. I think it would be cool to see someone in a Department store wearing the pin. Too many times am I trying to guess whether that person is buying that dress for his wife/gf or for himself. Same goes for any salesperson or cashier. Until society accepts the transagendered, crossdressers and men in skirts, it could be our own little symbol to each other.
    The key to being successful is fooling all of the people all of the time.

Life has it's up and downs. I've past the up part, so it's all downhill from here!

Although I don't everyone to know, I might wear a pin that was known to other crossdressers.
    warmly, Linnea

Banned Read only
    If your going to wear a publicly noticable object that labels you as a crossdresser, why not just dress?

Depends on the pin. Flashie with rhinestones? Uh No! something small and not well advertised maybe.
    Last edited by sparks; 03-05-2007 at 03:53 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

I wouldn't wear sch a pin all the time, but there are times and places (like when I'm shopping) when it might be good.

Like Sherrie said if only us girls knew then it would be fine.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Carlton View Post
    it could be our own little symbol to each other.

See, this isn't what the poll options suggest. This type of pin is just secret "scene" jewelry. they are generally meaningless because they vary from small group to small group and region to region. Often two people with it allready know eachother from a board, group, meetup or scene location.

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda barber View Post
    If your going to wear a publicly noticable object that labels you as a crossdresser, why not just dress?
    My sentiments exactly.

In the UK we have "red nose day", Pink Ribbons, Race for life to name but a few "publicly noticable objects" and they are like most "labels" they soon become known to associated with a particular cause.

A pin specifically for CD'ers would soon let the world know, so why not dress anyway??
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

In the UK we have "red nose day", Pink Ribbons, Race for life to name but a few "publicly noticable objects" and they are like most "labels" they soon become known to associated with a particular cause.

A pin specifically for CD'ers would soon let the world know, so why not dress anyway??
    That seems a bit like saying, "why carefully and tactfully tell somebody you're a crossdresser when you can just show up dressed?" There IS a difference between letting people know about something, and showing them. I have told many people about my CDing, but very few of them have seen it, and I plan on keeping it that way.

In answer to the main question...no, not yet anyway. I'm not ashamed, I'm just so young and so new to this that I'm waiting to get ready for it. I don't yet consider myself out to the world.

Oh, and just a random thought about the pin/ribbon. If I may suggest a small change to the plan, maybe instead of wearing it to symbolize being a CDer, it could be worn to symbolize support for CDers? Just a thought.
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

I voted no. When I want others to know I'm a crossdresser I wear a dress. When I don't I wear jeans. I would wear a pin if I got a discount at VS.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I voted yes
    It would be like a secret society pin.
    We could use the old Civil Defense emblem

Paula
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm the kind of woman that when my feet
    hit the floor each morning
    the devil says
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Sure would!.. But only if just other CD's and those that accepted it knew about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's your sign!

Actually I've got the insignia ready for you, though I came up with it as an idea of something obscure to wear to check reactions at airshows. "Fifinella" was the Disney created symbol for the WWII ATS- the womens Air Transport Service that flew warplanes from the factories to US airbases for duty.
    I'm going to find a source for a hat with this on it (but not a pink hat )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Peka CD View Post
    I voted yes
    It would be like a secret society pin.
    We could use the old Civil Defense emblem

Paula

OOh I like that!

I might get one anyway! Because I'D know!

Red Hat

Gee, I always wanted to join the Red Hat Society. I spent a few years traveling around the country and often dined where the Red Hat ladies where having a gathering. Although I was always wearing something fem, not fully dressed, a few of the ladies, always managed to notice me and make a point to say hello and give me a big smile.

Of course, I do love their outfits!

Anyway, Gay people have used the rainbow as a unifying symbol, for a number of years. I know people who have rainbow stickers on their cars, and people who wear rainbow jewlery. However, I've heard many younger men say, "Oh no, anything but the rainbow, I'd never wear that!"

The mayor of St. Petersburg, FL recently ordered the City Logo, to be changed on all city vehicles It was a pelican with a rainbow for the background. The mayor said, "I don't want the city to be associated with a Gay symbol, so we're changing the background to blue".

I voted yes, but I realize that any symbol, would soon be known to everyone. Could this make us a "target"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Good Idea,

I like the fifinella symbol, maybe with rainbow wings?

I wear a symbol for my denomination (Unitarian) and we are frequently persecuted...even by Garrison Keillor (LOL) !

Actually I believe I am in a position to be *more open*, though not flagrant or flaming about my CDing. A modestly sized, novel and discreet symbol which inspires curious people to communicate with me is much better than a large sign that says "Hey Tranny Bashers! Fresh meat Right Here !"

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :