View Poll Results: Would you wear a pin or something else that symbolizes you are a crossdresser?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would want others to know.

102 63.35%
  • No, I want to keep my crossdressing a total secret.

59 36.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you want others to know?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    "Hey Tranny Bashers! Fresh meat Right Here !"
    Takes too much space anyway

How 'bout Fifinella with a circular rainbow around her? Get those arty people on it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How about something simple that we might already have?
    A small post earing, a small silver ball, that we could wear on a lapel, shirt, or hat.
    It wouldn't readily be noticeable, but it would be enough to say "I'm one."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Carlton View Post
    I saw it mentioned in another post about wearing a pin or something else noticable to others, while in drab, that symbolizes a person is a crossdresser. This got me thinking..............

So let's say that by wearing a particular pin on your collar (while in drab), it shows that you are a crossdresser. Would you or would you not wear it in public?
    I think that would be a very cool way to express oneself without actually going public. I totally support this

Phyllis from Houston Texas

Quote Originally Posted by amanda barber View Post
    If your going to wear a publicly noticable object that labels you as a crossdresser, why not just dress?
    That's what I do.

My wif certainly knows. My lesbian neighbors know and i'm 99% sure that my sister in law knows. Would I advertise the fact that i'm a CDer. Hell no. NOUGH.

Banned Read only
    No. Crossdressing has made me lose many jobs. Wish it was just a big secret that no one knew. And when I go out it's very important that I pass and not look like a CD'r.

Vanity Plates

I bet I'd be the only one in the US with the vehicle registration of "CD.COM."

Red face

Like many others have said I pick where and when I wear it but other then that I would love to have it.

Red face

Like others have said I pick and choose when to wear it but other than that I would have no problem and it would make it so much easier to find others like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    I bet I'd be the only one in the US with the vehicle registration of "CD.COM."
    That wouldn't work Joy... Look at this... http://www.cd.com

Oops!........................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    Actually I've got the insignia ready for you, though I came up with it as an idea of something obscure to wear to check reactions at airshows. "Fifinella" was the Disney created symbol for the WWII ATS- the womens Air Transport Service that flew warplanes from the factories to US airbases for duty.
    I'm going to find a source for a hat with this on it (but not a pink hat )
    Oh I always wanted to be an Avatrix !

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Someday I want everyone to know. I think I am headed in the right direction. My SO knows and my best friend knows. Slow progress but progress nevertheless.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by phil_jessica View Post
    Oh, and just a random thought about the pin/ribbon. If I may suggest a small change to the plan, maybe instead of wearing it to symbolize being a CDer, it could be worn to symbolize support for CDers? Just a thought.
    This changes the whole premise. The pin has to mean and show that one crossdresses. There are many out there that support certain rights, yet do not exercise that right. Myself for example, I support gay rights, but I am not gay.
    The key to being successful is fooling all of the people all of the time.

Life has it's up and downs. I've past the up part, so it's all downhill from here!

There's already a movement afoot to wear pinky rings. I wear a very femmine pinky ring, 1 of 5 rings I wear always, on my right hand.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

My Vote

since i already wear a rather fem pinky ring I would endorse the old Civil Defense pin. We would know and others would not realize it. The only change i would suggest is the colored circle be changed to a pink shade(as i believe it is red now) Believe it or not i have an antique cd pin somewhere.

Hey Girls, I voted yes, and I support Peka's idea on the old CD pin. I think something like the colored ribbons or the CD pin, something that didn't just spell out crossdresser on it would be cool. We would know what it ment. Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

How about something simple. Like a t-pin. They are available at any craft or fabric store. The "T" could stand for transgendered, transformed, trans....anything. Just a thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The key to being successful is fooling all of the people all of the time.

Life has it's up and downs. I've past the up part, so it's all downhill from here!

Dreaming is half the fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Evon View Post
    I voted yes , I"m not ashamed of who I am !!!!!!!!
    I think that the word " ashamed " is not the rigth one ( but that's just me , well maybe or at least not all the time ) but for me it would be hard to explain why I feel what I feel, as I my self can not fully understan it , But ashamed seems such a dirty word I rather call it privated because if I tell one person that would turn in to ten ,then hundreth and I know that must people will not get it , so I betther keep it like this .but may be we can have a sing that only CDS will know what it means that way we spot each other when in public. wait but then some body else would knot too , ok bad idea too . sorry can't think strait , streith, strath ............

Almalove.

I first saw this post a couple days ago, but I had to think for a minute about how to respond to it...Like so many others have said, I'd be all for wearing a pin (or whatever) in certain circumstances. And again--as others have already pointed out, I'm not sure that wearing a pin etc. everywhere would be advisable.

One thing I would do, however, would be to display a sticker of some sort on my truck--probably in the back window. (Sometimes gay people will display a rainbow, teddy bear, etc. If we as crossdressers had an equivalent, I'd display it!)
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

First of all if your on this forum and any other CD forum, then a whole lot of people know about you. As for the pin, I would wear it when I would go shopping. That way if another CD was also shopping and noticed it, they would know.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

would you want others to know

I voted yes but if others knew I wouldn't have to wear a pin because I would probably dress en-femm all the time if everyone knew I was a crossdresser, I secretly wish to get found out.

Single and Looking!! Erica Lauren James's Avatar
    Absolutely!! Just think if every cd, transgendered woman wore a pin or something to identify themselves. Just think, We would no longer be looked upon as a minority as many many men cd to some extent just the majority are in the closet.

Kiera
    Someday You'll Find What You're Looking For
    I'm Looking for a GG!!
    If you admirer me then don't be shy and let me know!! I've gotten 4 Secret Admirers and I have no idea who you are. So please(pretty please) let me know who you are. Thanks So much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    I'm going to find a source for a hat with this on it (but not a pink hat )
    And I found it! Go to www.cafepress.com and you'll find many "Fifinella" items Now I'm all set for airshow season
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by myMichelle View Post
    One thing I would do, however, would be to display a sticker of some sort on my truck--probably in the back window. (Sometimes gay people will display a rainbow, teddy bear, etc. If we as crossdressers had an equivalent, I'd display it!)
    I'm thinking of putting a pink teddy bear on my car window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Carlton View Post
    How about something simple. Like a t-pin. They are available at any craft or fabric store. The "T" could stand for transgendered, transformed, trans....anything. Just a thought.
    I think that, that is perfect... Simple, readily available, inexpensive & symbolic. "T" for "TG" or "TS"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]