Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I crossdress??

Why do I crossdress??

I have ben thinking about a reply to one of my earlier posts. She "related" to my desire to be and look like a woman. She was not quite right.....

For me, my desire to crossdress is not about becoming a woman. Its about ENVY. When I look at a beautiful woman the feelings, emotions and DESIRE that they elicit from me are terribly strong. I want that kind of power over someone. Yes, I wish I was a beautiful woman. Not because I was born in the wrong body or I am the wrong gender. I want to control the kind of power they have over me. Crossdressing is the only way I will ever come close.

Amiad

Hmm, sounds reasonable enough to me. Women just have better clothes than men.

Crazy Lady
    I can identify with that. And about four other reasons also.

Dee

One of the great misconceptions about crossdressers is that they must be gay. It is well written that in fact a majority of us (including moi) are not gay but if fact straight. There are many reasons for someone to decide to crossdress...as many as there are people doing it. And I think you also hit one of mine on the head...some sort of envy or adulation. I can't tell you how many hours I have spent downloading pictures of beautiful women. I'm not talking gross and distasteful I'm talking professionally composed picture (ie. flickr photos) I admire women! I think we are the only species on this earth where the female is the prettier of the sexes! So for me, in part, the admiration I have for the beauty that is woman is what makes me want to dress like them. Yes...... also they have nicer clothes that feel sooooo good!
    Last edited by Peggy55; 03-05-2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

My Reason: I love Men!!

I already know that I am the odd person here in that I'm gay>

The thing is that I just really love men and can't get enough of them. But understand that I am not one of the gay guys that move from guy to guy - I desire and will have nothing other than a romance over quick sex. While I will never pass as a women dressed tho I greatly dream that I could, I can have sex with a man and be the woman I dream I could be. I am in a partnership with a gougeous guy that is fantastic and lets me live out my dreams - he knows of my dreams and loves to see me living my dreams.

What more can I say about why I dress?

Charley

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CharleyDC View Post
    I already know that I am the odd person here in that I'm gay>

The thing is that I just really love men and can't get enough of them. But understand that I am not one of the gay guys that move from guy to guy - I desire and will have nothing other than a romance over quick sex. While I will never pass as a women dressed tho I greatly dream that I could, I can have sex with a man and be the woman I dream I could be. I am in a partnership with a gougeous guy that is fantastic and lets me live out my dreams - he knows of my dreams and loves to see me living my dreams.

What more can I say about why I dress?

Charley
    Congrats Charley,

No-one here is looking for anything different. Love of who we are and acceptance of our dreams and passions. I hope someday to find the love you enjoy.

Amiad

I can relate.

I think, that I also, have dressed, to feel, and look like one of the beautiful women, I have seen, or known, but could not have, as I am a working poor, undesirable, inelligable bachelor. A lovely lady, has been unattainable, though, I still go to dances, and get to at least dance, with some, especially one, who is older than me, a grandma, and stunningly beautiful, yet wow! I look a bit like her, when I dress.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    I guess everyone has their reasons. I just love to look like a woman. I also love the way the clothes feel and the mind frame it puts me in.
    I do not want to even over analyze it as I know that it will fall short as God only knows.
    I can only quote Mick Jagger

I like it, I like it, I like it yes I do
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Ahhh, so true Amiad! The power that they possess is captivating. To be the hunted, not the hunter. It seems that in a lot of cases women are the performers, and men are the audience. I would love so to see how it feels to be on the stage, instead of in my seat! I am very envious also. One can always dream, that's a part of why I crossdress.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

i love it because i can get by with it and most people don't care and i can enjoy the best of two worlds

susie

i go back to my first experience of crossdressing, in my teens so many years ago. It wasn't a desire for the clothes i don't think it was that touching and then wearing them gave me a sexual buzz, and so i was hooked. nothing at that time about envy of the prettier things they could wear.

When I really think about it there are a few reasons. The one of the envy of how women look can be one way of looking at it, the desire to be one is another and many just like the feel and look of the clothes (mens' clothes are just so boring!). For me it's about letting go, losing the inhibition and mainly because I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by CharleyDC View Post
    I am in a partnership with a gougeous guy that is fantastic and lets me live out my dreams - he knows of my dreams and loves to see me living my dreams.
    Off-topic for a moment . . .

You're so lucky, Charley - does he have a brother?

Sorry for the interruption.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

why do I crossdress

I wonder the same thing all the time. I enjoy being male about 90 percent of the time. When I fell feminine I get aroused and yearn for nylon and lace. The feel of pulling on my open bottom girdle and attaching my hose just thrills me. I am a nicer person when dressed. I fantasied that my spouse will totally transform me into a sexy lady and seduce me. Afterwards I shed my lacies and return drab. Often I think about the next time dressed. Anyone else have these feelings?

Smile

I enjoy the best of two worlds !!
    Girls also have so much more Variety from panties, bras ,tops, shoes ,hosiery and everything else

Melissa
    Last edited by melissaabom; 03-07-2007 at 12:29 PM. Reason: coma error

Wink Absolutely it's envy!

As for me it's the same thing. I've always admired and absolutely adored the female form - it's a complex work of art whereas the male form is just kinda' like a truck. I tell my wife all the time, and she finds it somewhat amusing I'm sure, that I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. I think that's true of a lot of us here.

As for me, I look at beautiful women many times, at the mall or in catalogs, or wherever, and I don't have the typical "wow, I'd like to get with her" thought that a man should have. Instead, I get the thought, "wow, I'd really like to BE her."

Don't get me wrong, I'm overall pleased with my life, but if I had been able to pick my gender at birth, I'd definitely have chosen to be a member of the fairer sex. All I can do now is emulate that which cannot be achieved as best I can and hope my wife understands that immitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

Hi ladies its me again, I like this thread so here goes..... Well I like dressing as a man cos it makes me feel confident, attractive, masculine and it feels right. I've always looked at men and thought I want to look like that. I've always been envious of the male form but in a different way to the female form, can't explain that one really. I like men's clothes so much more than womens they feel so much better on me like I should be wearing them xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Smile Know the feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Amiad View Post
    I have ben thinking about a reply to one of my earlier posts. She "related" to my desire to be and look like a woman. She was not quite right.....

For me, my desire to crossdress is not about becoming a woman. Its about ENVY. When I look at a beautiful woman the feelings, emotions and DESIRE that they elicit from me are terribly strong. I want that kind of power over someone. Yes, I wish I was a beautiful woman. Not because I was born in the wrong body or I am the wrong gender. I want to control the kind of power they have over me. Crossdressing is the only way I will ever come close.

Amiad
    [SIZE="3"]
    I know how you feel, Amiad. It's like being transformed into another person.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Hi ladies its me again, I like this thread so here goes..... Well I like dressing as a man cos it makes me feel confident, attractive, masculine and it feels right. I've always looked at men and thought I want to look like that. I've always been envious of the male form but in a different way to the female form, can't explain that one really. I like men's clothes so much more than womens they feel so much better on me like I should be wearing them xx Felix
    OK now I am curious. I am a m2f crossdresser and the feeling of womens clothes...slips nightgowns etc on my skin feels so good. What is it about mens clothes...which I have to wear evey day....that feels good to you? Is it a tactile feel or a mental feeling?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cissy55 View Post
    The feel of pulling on my open bottom girdle and attaching my hose just thrills me. Anyone else have these feelings?
    Wow Cissy I could not have said it better! Something about an open bottom girdle, garters and nylons. Looking at that garter strap running down the front of my leg holding up a sexy pair of nylons is the best! VERY arousing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

A big reason for me is clothes envy. I was out today and was people watching, what I was really doing was clothes looking. I was looking at all the fabulous ladies clothing thinking how it would look and feel on me. I don't get any feeling in drab clothes, but certain ladies clothes can just send me soaring.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Is it power? Maybe there is a sexual power, but all I have to think is how disenfranchised women are in this society, and I feel the power evaporate.

Is it for thrill? I do feel a joy and peace when I am dressed that I do not find anyway else. But I don't get sexual joy especially out of it.

Is it for the clothes? Oh, I do love women's clothing. I would love nothing more than to be able to dress in women's clothes all the time - love the feel and the look. But that's ultimately just surface to me, and I fele that there is something deeper going on inside of me.

So do I think I am a transsexual, cd, or what? As Shakespeare said, "There's the rub." I do not know. I have had moments where I'm convinced I am a woman, but most of the time I think it's presumptuous of me to say I know what it is like to be a woman and therefore I am one. And I've never really allowed myself to explore this until recently, and the fears impede my ability to explore this properly.

So my answer? The only honest one: I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Y View Post
    A big reason for me is clothes envy. I was out today and was people watching, what I was really doing was clothes looking. I was looking at all the fabulous ladies clothing thinking how it would look and feel on me. I don't get any feeling in drab clothes, but certain ladies clothes can just send me soaring.
    Yes, that's a part of it for me, too. I bet you in just about any catalog I can find a woman's outfit that I would love to wear, but I cannot say the same thing for drab. And when I see a woman in a beautiful outfit, I know that I'm looking at the shoes, the blouse, the skirt or pants, and visualizing how it would look on me.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    I can totally understand the ENVY thing. I feel so jealous when I see a woman wearing nice clothes, make-up, jewelery, etc. The sense of jealousy gets even stronger in the Summer months.
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

I've gone through a lot of subtle yet significant changes over the past 6 months or so. I tried the CD thing a bit, but I've come to realize that I'm not a part-time girl. I consider myself now to be pre-transition TS, though I won't know how far I'll take transition until I get there. It's more complex than just saying that I envy women (I do), that there's better clothes and far more choices for women (there are), or that I've never really been a man, and I have no desire to try to become one at 27. It's a combination of those factors, and more.