View Poll Results: How long does it take you to put on your Make Up ?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 to 20 mins

30 22.73%
  • 20 to 30 mins

56 42.42%
  • 40 to 50 mins

30 22.73%
  • 1 hr and over

16 12.12%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does it take for you to do your make up?

About 40-50 minutes.

I could do it faster, but I perspire a lot, and have to keep stopping. Even with a fan sitting in the sink blowing right on me.
    DonnaT

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar
    If I even bother....20 - 30 minutes. usually just powder and lipstick,unless i am going out on a date or somewhere fancy....as for errands....maybe lipstick. I used to make up my face everyday, but it got to be a drag..hehehe.
    As for work. If I am going to be out in thr field all day... none. If I have to go into an office...I will smear some on...maybe even put on a bra.....
    Last edited by btmgrl6; 03-10-2007 at 12:07 PM.

Banned Read only
    Not that long if the only thing i have to do is makeup. It's all the showering, shaving etc before hand that takes forever.

Here I am again, near to the end of the thread! LOL
    I normally take up to 20 minutes. You know how it is, you get near done and you find another detail to work on, an extra long eyebrow hair you just have to pluck or cut, etc. I got one of those Microtouch mini shavers just for shaping eyebrows, cutting ear and nose hair, etc. It's worth the money!
    Just Be Yourself

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you like oldies radio, check out http://www.thehop-radio.com and hear me LIVE ! Play lots of free games or join our shoutbox chat while you listen too!

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    More than an hour for sure... and it is worse if I do it wrong 'cus having to correct the mistake adds 10 to 15 minutes.
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

I voted 10-20, but I think I'm usually about 20 minutes. Now, that is after shaving and not counting fingernails, dressing, combing my hair, etc. And that is usually on a good day.
    I think I will have to time my make-up application next time.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

What's the rush really? Artistic expression takes time and this is what I consider CDing, an artform. Anyway, I have it down to 20 minutes after I am shaved and dressed. This includes shadow, mascara, liner, brows, beard cover,nail polish, foundation, blush and face powder to tie in the foundation and blush and also to tone down the blush(so it doesn't look "clownish"). This does not include putting on my wig, jewelery, etc. which takes an extra 5 minutes and I have picked out ahead of time. So, 20 minutes, give or take a few, not including other prep work such as shoes, clothes and possibly coat in the cold weather. Like I said, what's the rush? I enjoy minute of getting ready after I finally push myself to do it. It is a lot of work and some days I'm just not into it.

just the makeup 20 to 30 minutes but prep time added depending on how much shaving i have to do 1 to 2 hours but worth the time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It really depends on what you want to achieve. Most days, I only put on a little lipstick. Some days, I add a little eyeshadow and maybe some blusher.
    Once in a while I just have to do more and that can take quite longer to achieve that "perfect" look that I want.

So some days it's 2 seconds, and some days 1/2 hour to an hour. It all depends on the end result that you expect.
    This doesn't include time for plucking eyebrows that I sometimes need to do or fixing my hair after the makeup is complete. The hair is an important part of the overall look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can agree it takes me longer to get made up than my wife, I think this would be true for most of us. I mean we have more to do and need to take more care, don't we? Apart from anything else I enjoy doing it anyway, which means I take a bit longer too I guess. What about taking it off though, that takes me nearly as long sometimes too.
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj

It takes me about 15 minutes. It would probably take longer if I knew what I was doing.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

It takes me 40-50 mins. to do the makeup . most of the time is spent getting my eyes right ,which usually means at least one is redone !
    Its a love hate relationship with mascara !

Kathleen Anne:be:

I checked off the 20-30 minute range. Thats just for the make up, the prep work adds maybe another 20-30 depending on how close I need to shave etc.

I actually enjoy doing my make up and don't rush. Taking my time during the transformation is one of the joys of being a woman in my opinion. It's amazing to watch a GG do it, even more so for girls like us.

Amy

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

About 30 Minutes

Takes me longer to make sure I shave everything off. Over the years I have just gotten better with makeup.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul