Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walking in heels

Banned Read only

Walking in heels

Can anyone tell me...when walking in heels like 4" or so.Do you make your toe and heel hit the pavement at the same time? Or is it heel then toe like I do with my work boots??

Same time.

Everyone's different

It all depends on your shape and balance, whatever feels comfortable for you. However same time is often best as the heel could break!

Aspiring Member
    What about walking up/down stairs? I've done toe first when walking up and both at the same down when walking down......

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly,R View Post
    Can anyone tell me...when walking in heels like 4" or so.Do you make your toe and heel hit the pavement at the same time? Or is it heel then toe like I do with my work boots??

Heel then toe. The same time is clomping and thats one of the major things your trying to avoid.

I've never thought about it before, and now that I am I'll probably never be able to walk again! lol

Try to make it the ame time, definitely. You won't quite succeed every time, but make it as close as possible.

Silver Member
    As others have said, it's sort of up to you. When walking in 4" heels any walk at all where you don't fall down and get where you are going is a successful walk.

BUT . . heel and toe together is a bit safer than heel first because of the tremendous stress you can place on the slender heel if all your weight goes on it first. It's easy to break a heel, especially with the less expensive shoes many of us may wear. Heel and toe at the same time distributes the weight better. You want the botton of your shoe to remain as level as possible at all times.

Going up stairs you don't use your heels at all, just the toe of your shoe. Comming down, you HAVE to land all your weight on both toe and heel together. Or tip your foot a little bit and come down the same way you go up, ie on the balls of your feet.

Why you would want to WALK in 4" heels is beyond me. They seem much more for show than for use in getting around anywhere. I don't know ANY women who wear 4" heels for anything other than sitting at a desk. It's nearly impossible to dance in them also, so clubbing is difficult too. They LOOK wonderful, though.

Lovies,
    Steph

My natural walk (in 5") is heel first, but only fractionaly before toe. That way there's not too much stress on the heel, and it also makes all the right noises too, especially on hard floors. Don't know which I like best, the sound of heels on a hard surface, or the twin 4" sidepipes of my Cobra! I'm kidding, heels win, hands (or should that be feet?) down!!

On stairs, I come down with heel and toe together, but climb up with only toes on the step. I'm usually wearing a tight pencil skirt, and it's impossible to put the whole foot on a step, unless you come up sideways! And bannister support is essential!

Tony

Walking

When I walk in heels my heel hits first but I keep my weight on the balls of my feet.
    It does take pracice and I have borken a pair of cheep heels, so be sure you buy good shoes that fit.

You also need to take a shorter stride than you do as a guy. That makes it easier to do the heel first style. But only slightly before the ball of your foot. It will give you more of a natural style of walking. Jaie
    [SIZE="2"]I don't think people have problems with the fact that "we" like to crossdress. I think they have problems with the fact that we are comfortable with who we are and can express ourselves this way, while they have issues of their own that they don't know how to deal with.[/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I Keep my strides short and I put the my heel down first - but only just. Here's a "how to walk in high heels" I found online.

http://shoes.about.com/od/fashionfoo...high_heels.htm
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

When coming down stairs, I go sideways, still crossing over left right left right.

Diana

For me it's heel first, just slightly before toe, for 4 inch heels. If heels are like 2 1/2 or less it's the same time. Just shorten your stride a bit in taller heels.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
    My natural walk (in 5") is heel first, but only fractionaly before toe. That way there's not too much stress on the heel, and it also makes all the right noises too, especially on hard floors. Don't know which I like best, the sound of heels on a hard surface, or the twin 4" sidepipes of my Cobra! I'm kidding, heels win, hands (or should that be feet?) down!!

On stairs, I come down with heel and toe together, but climb up with only toes on the step. I'm usually wearing a tight pencil skirt, and it's impossible to put the whole foot on a step, unless you come up sideways! And bannister support is essential!

Tony
    You've got it right, all of it! Special attention on the noises... clicking is essential to recognize a woman that knows how to use high heels.... just think of that sexy girl at the office... when she walks down the corridors... click... click... click...
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

GGs and Heels

Hmm, I was waiting for some of the GGs to chime in on this one.

Oh, that's right, they're all wearing jeans and sneakers, giggle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

at first i just tried to walk with out tripping , then i kind of self taught myself by taking shorter strides and pointing my feet straight even to the point of pointing them in a bit . now it's basicly natural when i wear heels and i love heels !!!! i checked out the site Rachel posted , some real good advice there. good luck and happy walking

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

walking in heels

I never gave it much thought but now I think it's almost simultaneous heel then toe, I walk in heels quite a lot and have never fallen down yet. i watched Oprah the other day and they had a walking in heels lesson and they said you have to walk with your "core" in tackt. Keep your center and you'll look more feminine and you will master the art of walking in heels. I still think It's all attitude.

At the same time slowly.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    I don't know ANY women who wear 4" heels for anything other than sitting at a desk. It's nearly impossible to dance in them also, so clubbing is difficult too. They LOOK wonderful, though.

Lovies,
    Steph
    They do look wonderful. I enjoy seeing GGs walk in them. I did however see this young girl RUN in 4 inch heels. She was trying to catch a flight at George Bush International in Houston. Once she got to her gate she said "I can't beleive I made it running in 4" heels" My brain went WOW!!

I don't wear 4" heels.... not out in public...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I don't wear 4" heels.... not out in public...

Karren
    Really karen I am shocked,hell my cowbiy boots have 3" heels on them(better to keep foot in sirup) so another inch ain't so bad.I just wanted to find out how to do it ..lady like..lol
    Kelly

I walk heel then toe, but almost simultaneoulsly. I enjoy my 4" or 5" heels and have no trouble with them...the sound they make and the look is very sexy and fem.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

let's refocus

It's not the "heel/toe" issue that leads here. When walking in heels it is the hip movement and foot placement plus smaller steps that defines how the shoe hits the floor. When it's all put together, the shoe will naturally hit the floor flat, heel and toe at the same time. When moving a little faster, the heel will sometimes hit a fraction of a second sooner, giving that classic clicking.

As far as stairs, both together on the way down, and the heel never touches on the way up!

As you might have gathered, I just adore 4" heels!!!

Tina

Debbiejoanne (DJ)

Shorter steps, same heel, toe. Heels do make a lot of noise, so if your SO is a sleep and you don't want her to know, then it is toe heel. The thought is harder than than the action. DJ