Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walking in heels

Well you are already walking on tippy toes. I was just watching myself and it's harder to put heel first, so both together works better. There's not enough room here to try running. (Don't know if I could run in them.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I walk in heels, the heel hits the pavement first, then the sole, followed by the knee, the elbow and finally, the nose.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

You know, high heels turn me on. I see a women wearing high heels and I go nuts in side. If I'm in a store were shoes are sold, I go and pass by and look at the high heels. I've always wanted a pair, but I can not get up the nerve to buy a pair. I think pink or black are the hottest colors too. I wish I had the nerve, I really want a pair.

HotLips

My heel always hits slightly before my toe. No matter the lebgth of the heel. The sound is distinct. Listen to most women walk in heels and you will hear the distinct sound od the heel cliclking down before the toe slaps the ground.

I've read this somewhere before (most likely here) and noticed it myself once I looked for it but, men (and possible women in flats) have a tendancy to lean back as they walk causing your heel to hit first.

However, when wearing heels, you need to walk more 'upright' with your feet directly beneath you (above you doens't work at all ), which helps your toe and heel land together.

Also, try to place your feet more in front of one another as opposed to along side each other.

Finally, make sure your shoes fit well so that they don't slide off at all as you walk.

Hope this helps,

Rachel Jean

sometime frantic
    I find that if i keep my shoulders up back with a corset on does best when i have heels on..so sexy i feel..and i am.

Gold Member
    Gee now I got to pay attention next time I walk in my heels

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    When walking in 4" heels any walk at all where you don't fall down and get where you are going is a successful walk.

Love it.

The technique is to walk in a half crouch with your arms slightly extended to the sides.......as if feeling for invisible dwarves whilst making your way across a narrow girder 200 feet in the air.

Works for me!

Platinum Member
    lol i love the INTERNET and how to's lol .... i started dressing long before i got on line ... and learned abought everything abought dressing by just doing it ... walking in heels 101 lol first time wobble and shake find your balance .... crash and burn lol....over the years i got real good with doing it inside outside no problem .... up stairs down stairs... running and dancing ...all before the INTERNET... now i checked the how to on the internet lol .... i would have killed myself doing it their way... lol just go do it....

I was really bored today at a trade show and just decided to watch very closely how GGs walked in high heels. Each and every one placed heel first and then came down on the toes. Seemed like the higher the heels, the sooner the toes came down, but never simultaneously.

I did see some young girls walking not too gracefully and thought we could do a lot better! Too bad there's no training for girls any more to show them how to move like ladies.

Boy was I jealous!

FOR ME IT'S HEEL FIRST. NOTHING LIKE THE CLICK OF HEELS ON A HARD SURFACE!! one foot in front of the other, with a bit of sway. i love it so!!

If I think about my feet when wearing high heels I trip over myself. Let you sense of balance do the work.

Stand up straight and move your body - from the hips up - forward. Move your legs to keep them more or less under your body to keep up and maintain balance. Don't think about it too much.

I love 'heels. I think I could wear 4" heels all day long, as long as i didn't have to wear them all day long.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children