Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fringe benefit of crossdressing

Fringe benefit of crossdressing

I have been at least somewhat overweight for all of my adult life. I have tried but have not been able to slim down.

But now, that I am going out in public as Natalie, I am beginning to finally lose some weight. I want to look good in a dress. When I crossdressed only in private, I didnt care how I looked.

So now, when I feel pangs of hunger, instead of chowing down I remember my goal of a slim, sexy, feminine figure. And it helps immensely.

One trick to dieting that I have found is to stick to fresh meat, vegetables, and fruits. I don't eat any canned, frozen, or otherwise processed food and never, ever eat fast food.

Natalie - Right on! Visualizing one's goal has been demonstrated to be an effective strategy for keeping one on-track when one is tempted to go for the small, short-term reward rather than behave in a manner that, while not immediately rewarding, will utimately help you achieve the larger, long-term reward, in your case, a slim, feminine figure.
    Talon

Lost 50 pounds in 9 months when I started crossdressing again after a 10 year nondressing period.... ohhhh and restarting to play ice hockey twice a week helped a little....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar
    Good for you..watching what you eat is soooo important. Exercise also. I run every morning..seems to give me energy. i also bought a juicer...gives me my vitamins.

steph
    Keep up the good work

Silver Member
    I, like Karen, lost 50+ lbs since I went "public". I just wanted to be able to wear pretty clothes.

An interesting sidelight of this is that even though this weight loss had several very benaficial aspects for my general health, I was recently turned down for an insurance policy because of what they considered to be an unhealthy weight loss.

So, go figure.

Stephie

Big factor for me. Keeps me in the gym, lots of cardio, and watch the fatty foods.....Still working on the girl face expressions!

Huggsss....

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I'm closing in on dropping 40 pounds since Kristen came back to going out. Getting my first set of pictures back from an earlier makeover this fall was enough "encouragement" to push away that extra food, exercise more and also carry myself better. Definitely a fringe benefit! I just have to watch it when people say I look good and I almost say, I am down two dress sizes!

Yup... I reciently dropped a dress size myself. Dropped from a 12 to a 10.
    More fresh fruits & less meats and breads. Woo-Hoo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lost 92lbs , no more fast food. fruit and vegies, poulty and fish, exercize is most important to dressing. we need that figure.

Natalie, that's terrific! Keep up the great work! Nothing like a sexy dress to inspire a diet! Keep us informed on how you're doing! Best of luck!!!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Marie View Post
    I'm closing in on dropping 40 pounds since Kristen came back to going out.

I just have to watch it when people say I look good and I almost say, I am down two dress sizes!
    Oh, honey, just tell them what I do.

When someone compliments me on my weight loss, I just answer:
    " Well, a girl has to watch her figure, you know." giggle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I used to work a rotating shift before I retired, I ate like a horse. Retirement has helped and I don't need to burn that many calories nowadays. I eat light which seems to be adequate for me. Not to mention that I normally "dance it off" at the club. All of these things help and to agree with Brianna, I've more than once refused treats and fattening foods by saying:"I have to watch my girlish figure". I get a couple of chuckles but no one realizes just how serious I am--LOL. Sal

I have been very thin all my life but after retiring I discovered I had gained about 20 lbs. It was a shock to not be able to fasten some of my fem skirts and other things were tighter also. SO, the dressing definitely gave me a reason to watch my weight. Were it not for the dressing I could have easily gotten too heavy and had some real problems trying to get rid of the extra pounds.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Crossdressing has also been a major factor for me in losing weight. In the past I never cared about dieting and just ate what I wanted. I've been dieting since the start of the year, and their is no greater satisfaction than seeing a dress or skirt fit you properly. Jocelyn

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Lost 50 pounds in 9 months when I started crossdressing again after a 10 year nondressing period.... ohhhh and restarting to play ice hockey twice a week helped a little....

Love Karren
    Sorry Karen, but I've got to call you on than. First, I absolutely cannot imagine you not dressing for TEN YEARS. And I don't think anyone could picture you 50 lbs heavier.

Indeed, trying to keep my size and using my current clothes, helps me resist the nice looking piece of cake in the French Pastry shop...

That's a good motivation.

As another fringe benefit, I pay more attention to my drab look...

Eugenie

If those legs are anything to go by I'd say you looked great. I have put on a bit of weight this last year because I've had to study more and exercise less but I shall be eating healthy now to look good in my clothes.

Thanks Gina. My legs are skinny but the upper half of me is not. You can see a full-length pic of me at:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=53840

XOXOXOXO

Natalie

I have been cutting back on the portions so I can fit into more skirts and dresses that I am just dying to buy! Usually I gain weight in winter because I am not working outside as much, but this year I dropped from Women's 20W to a Misses 18. Not much, really, but I would love to get to a Misses 16. Like you, I have slender legs, but size above the waist. Sit ups help. lol
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Would you believe I've lost almost 15 pounds by doing three things:
    1. I run two miles every week day. (HATE running but want the figure)
    2. Stopped eating French fries. I'm not joking - I don't eat french fries when we get lunches at fast food, and I don't eat the little fast food hash browns either.
    3. Stop eating when satisfied. I am trying not to eat until I'm stuffed, just satisfied.
    Kim

Natalie

good for you girl , you can do it . when i started my cding i lost 127 pounds here is my before and after .. so don,t give up if i can do it you can too, and everyone here if you want it bad enough you will find a way
    hugs marissa
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bought the dress

I bought a cute dress that I keep as motivation. It is size 12, I'm not yet but determined to wear it someday.

tiffany

Good for you , I could stand to lose a few lbs. too, I quite eating fast food along time ago , I like alot of stir-fry veggie's , fruits,etc.
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

You all will probably hate me for this... And Karren cover your ears.
    I bought a new pair of jeans today, and after checking a few pairs...
    A size 4 lo-rise fit perfectly. A bit long, but my SO is trying to teach me how to use the sewing machine. I'll wait till they have been washed a couple of times before I try to take them up... My last pair, (size 8), shrunk to capri length, so I got these in missus size instead of petite.

I have been dieting for a while and have come down from a 12 to a 10 in dress size, but some skirts I get are an 8. Tops will probably always be 12-14.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sometime frantic
    You look great! The love of my legs keep me slim. GOgirl