Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Got a makeover!

I Got a makeover!

Wow - I got a makeover in Austin by Jon Davis of Transformations Makeup and Hair and I am SO happy! I'll post the pics if they turn out when I get them imported to my PC.
    So all my life I have gone with long wigs but tonight Jon did my makeup and said lets play with hair! He brought out a short wig and I looked at it sideways thinking "Yeh, lets get this over. Try it out then take it off se we can move on". Let's say I felt about short hair the way Karen Hutton feels about pants.
    Well, I was SHOCKED when he put it on me because in my not so humble opinion it looks AWESOME! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    The bad news is it was also twice the cost of any wig I've ever owned, but hey - you gotta have priorities!
    :-)
    Kim

Banned Read only

transformation

I may have to go to austin,sounds wonderful.Does he do Glamour shots also?

Well I think short is cute!!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Never say never. The picture in my current avatar was a wig I did not even want to try on. Now it's my favorite. And the one I just had to have is the one I like the least now.

Can't wait to see the photos Kimberly.

Hey... A wig doesn't have to be long to look right. I can't wait for the pictures. I'll bet it was a lot of fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always try new things

I understand your glee! Similar feelings of "I don't know about that" turned out to be wonderful. My examples:

The earliest one I can remember, believe this or not, was floral patterns. When I was young I'd try red and black things. Never saw myself in a floral patterns. Wow!

You'd think I'd have learned through the years, but I was pleasantly surprised by capris, girl jeans, flats or kitten heels, sleeveless blouses, shaving the girly places. It goes on an and on.

On the other side. Things I thought I'd like but just don't work for me. Big hair. Longer jean skirts and dresses. Some other tops and dresses that just aren't cut right for me. (I know this is a common situation for all the girls. It's what makes shopping fun. Finding the things that work.)

Bottom line, don't judge until you've walked in their heels!

Kathleen

I'll be looking for the pics Kim
    Angie

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    I've been looking at the place. Do you feel you "got what you paid for?"

Funny how others can see what you need. I like when my wife points out things and makes suggestions. She has never been wrong.

Kim, I think you just saw the value in your makeover. A professional can add to your look and choose items that are best for you! Can't wait to see the pictures.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Wow - I got a makeover in Austin by Jon Davis of Transformations Makeup and Hair and I am SO happy! I'll post the pics if they turn out when I get them imported to my PC.
    So all my life I have gone with long wigs but tonight Jon did my makeup and said lets play with hair! He brought out a short wig and I looked at it sideways thinking "Yeh, lets get this over. Try it out then take it off se we can move on". Let's say I felt about short hair the way Karen Hutton feels about pants.
    Well, I was SHOCKED when he put it on me because in my not so humble opinion it looks AWESOME! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    The bad news is it was also twice the cost of any wig I've ever owned, but hey - you gotta have priorities!
    :-)
    Kim
    Jon is good and a super nice person. I look forward to seeing the pics.
    Danielle

Hi Kim, I too can't hardly wait for the pics, you are soo cute already! Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Hi Kim, I can't wait to see the pics. I think you'd look good with short hair as long as it's styled to fit your face. I've been told I look better in short hair by others here.

Gold Member
    Can't wait to see those pics.

Just another 'Gurl'
    I am jealous! Can't wait to see the photos.
    Just another man in a dress

Got the pics uploaded!

Here are the pics from my makeover with Jon Davis in Austin Texas.
    Like I said, my first time with short hair and I loved it!
    Jon was great, very friendly, and VERY good at what he does. I have not felt so pretty in more than 10 years and I couldn't have been happier! If your ever coming to Austin, you should consider setting up an appointment. Call early though (as in weeks in advance) - Jon is well known and very popular and busy so you need to set it up well in advance.
    See ya!
    Kim
    Last edited by TxKimberly; 03-11-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Fantastic!

You look beautiful! I wish I could get up the nerve to have a makeover done.

Veronica

Wow

The short hair is so much cuter. You look lovely. I do visit Austin from time to time and will have to keep in mind. Once again, great new look for you.

Wow

tiffany

Kimberly, I always thought your avatar was good, but..... WOW!!! You look just gorgeous. I am green with jealousy!

Dawn

Wonderful pictures Kim! You look fantastic. But then again, you always have. I really like the shorter hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love the hair. You look great, girl!

All I can say is, "YOW!!"

Kim you look fantastic...............way to go

Hugs

Penny xx

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the kind words! I'd give my left . . .err. . . leg to look like that everyday! :-)
    Kim

ABSOLUTELY lovely! TX Kimberly, absolutely!

You look awesome Kimberly! Now I am going to have to order a short hair wig. Yours looks really good.

Huggs...

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...