Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forums- Good, Bad or What

Wish PCs Were Here When I Was A Lad

Let's just say I'm not feeling guilty anymore about who I am. And that's a good thing.

Well I was a teenager in the 50s and it was a different world. Apart from the general taboo, just where could you find support or advice? The occasional newspaper report about the dead vicar found in women's clothes hinted that you were not alone, but that it was perverse and hilarious.

Now through this forum you can throw any question out and within an instant dozens of helpful girls reply with a multitude of suggestions. Armed with that help the wall of guilt just crumbles, and confidence floods in. Those who in the past felt a constant dread now can express themselves without fear ~ it is truly miraculous, how lucky we all are

Fi

I think that forums are great. Where else would you be able to get answers to that question?
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Love Dawn

I went to find the "softer side of Sears" and I can't find my way back

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    I am so glad I found this forum. I grew up thinking I was some kind of freak, and not until I got a compter about 8 years ago did I realize there were alot more of us out there than I could have ever imagined. I searched and surfed, and read alot of the stuff out there, but there is also a lot of garbage to weed through on the net too. This site has been a great help to me, and will always be. My wife found out about Erika about a month ago, and if it wasnt for the sound advice and information I got here, it probably would have been ugly. As it is she doesnt like it, but she isnt ready to bolt for the door, in fact she said she feels like we are closer than we have ever been. So YES these forums are a God send if you ask me. Who knows what my life would have been like if I had the net 30 years ago, and this site.
    Erika Leigh

Erika Leigh:
    Who knows what my life would have been like if I had the net 30 years ago, and this site.
    Today 03:38 AM

Marie354:
    my life would have been a bit different. I may have gone all the way
    This is the essence of the situation. The younger girls are more embolden and will go further in their feminine self. If I had access to this when a teen already dressing and going out, I could have joined Marie.
    Janice Ailene:

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    I think support is always a good thing. In the end the choices are always ours to make.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Im a guy who likes bras Theresa(TGirl)'s Avatar
    I think the fourm's are a great idea.

And as for the "encouragement factor" they give, personally I think that now that a lot of people realize that crossdressing is not:

A) Illegal in any way (unless you do something stupid while dressed, such as rob a bank or DUI)

and

B) A sign of immediate mental health problems (You're not crazy!!)

And also they find out that they aren't the first to go through these problems, always, always knowing that someone was before you laying a foundation for you gives you a better feeling about certaion decisions.
    *hugs and kisses*

Terri

Banned Read only
    This forum has taught me a lot about crossdressing. Before joining this forum I was always a closet cd with no wig or forms. Never thought I was passable.

After initially browsing this forum I bought a wig, forms, and shoes. And then discovered how beautiful and passable I am. Now I admire myself sometimes when I'm all dolled up.

This forum made my bad crossdressing habit even worse... and it keeps me hooked!

I'm a member of other forums but I have posted the most here!

To me, this place is the best cd forum.

I have enjoyed being a member of this forum. I've learned a lot about cding and myself. It is educational and enjoyable to be here! Knowledge is power. It has helped me greatly to discuss topics here with like minded people.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Here I thought I was the worlds oldest lover of dressing enfemme at 64.
    More than the forums it has been the computer that set me free. It has been 10 years since I came out traveling full circle from Sissy Maid, Little Girl dressing through Drag Queen and performer to normal modern gal. Well here I am back at Sissy Maid style and I love it!

They are wonderful. With the help of the internet I'm now living full time as a woman. I never thought it would be possible. Reading about others and seeing their pictures and all the "going out" stories told me that it WAS possible for me too.
    It has taken me over 10 years and lots and lots little steps.
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

I have had a few skits with the forums one ongoing tho no one notices :mad: .
    On the whole tho I think they are a good thing they allow us to see we are not alone and have allowed me to make a few friends as well.
    I am not too sure about the restrictiveness and sometimes the pettyness and nastyness that seems to come and go in wavesbut still a tentative thumbs up

You question really struck home for me and brought back memories. I am 58. When I was about 27 I realized that I wanted more than just dressing alone at home when my wife and the kids werent there. Because I am from the NYC area I was able to find others like me somewhat easier than maybe someone living in a rural area. This was before the internet. I often think how different my life might have been if there had been an internet when I was a teenager. My thinking is that we all have our own levels and desires that we want to attain. I think with the forums or without, most CDs will find a way to express their fem side
    Yours Terri

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar

Why So Good? Thank Management !

Forums in general are a double edged sword - can be accessed and used for good or evil.

This form has excellent moderation, and a well defined purpose.

Simply said, Excellent Management!

My thanks ( and a ) to all the Moderators and Unseen Hands the keep this place the positive and powerful Commons that it is !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

The forums are an excellent thing -- but it's going to be the girls (and boys) from these forums themselves, in the real world, who'll give transexuality the exposure it needs!

What I want to see is so much more debate on these forums... some serious considerations for what it means to be transgendered. xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Without a doubt if I had had access to this forum when I was young (like late teens early 20's) things might have been very very different for me. I envy the young 'uns, because they do have access to all sorts of info/support/ideas etc. I spent my years in mostly isolation, having no idea what I was doing or who I was, or could become.

Although I did connect with a few CDers when I was younger, and I knew there were others like me out there, I'm generally pretty reclusive so I stayed in the closet. If I had known all you great people earlier who knows what paths I would have chosen. I'm in a much more complicated situation at this stage of my life, but who knows?

I think like everything else in cyberspace, you take the good with the bad and take things with a grain of salt. I agree with Roberta though - this site is well maintained and moderated. We all do a pretty good job as members too in keeping to the spirit of the family.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

I have no idea where I would be if I had access to the information that we have today if I had the internet back in my teens and early 20's. (I'm 56).
    I DO know that since finding this forum back in June my life has changed! No more guilt! No more wondering if I was alone or at least one of the very few. No more irrational angry outbursts and wondering where that anger came from. Finally a true sense of self acceptance. A feeling of peace and freedom from my torment of wondering why I had to do what I did.
    I get the feeling if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't be referencing Charlie as there would only be Lily. Though I can't say for sure. The "What if" game is too easy to play.
    Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long