Thread: A journey with my wife.

A journey with my wife.

Approximately 1 year ago I told my wife that I am a CD. It was prompted by her thinking I was having an affair based on little tracies left by my CDing.

Her initial reaction was of anger and confusion,which is quite understandable as many of you know.

Over the past several months she has asked many questions that I have answered as best as I could. She even purchased and read "My Husband Betty" and this prompted more questions. I read the book also and it raised many questions for me.

I also read many threads pertaining to spouses in this forum. Many recommended going slowly with one's spouse and I have followed this advice.

Recently, my wife took me to dinner for my birthday and during dinner she said she had seen pictures of me en femme[on our computor]. She said it was not at all what she expected and further said she would never have recognized me en femme.

As time has passed she has seemed to have come to understand that CDing is a part of me[for reasons unknown] and she has become quite accepting. Although, at the same dinner, she indicated that should she have known early in our relationship about it she would have ended the relationship without question.

She is constantly re-affirming her love for me and stating she knows how much I love her, which is very true.

She has not indicated a desire to see me dressed in person but it may come with more time although I don't find it essential it would be nice.

Joy

Hi. Joy...just be patient love...everything seems to going fine doesn't it.?..I've been on the same journey and by taking it slowly and letting my wife set the pace, I now have the most supportive and accepting partner a Tgirl could wish for...She sees me dressed regularly now and we go out together too...She has met many of My Tgirl friends and finds our community really colourful and good fun....So it can work out love, but it did take a couple of years to get there.!!!...Good luck.
    Love Nikki. x

That's fantastic news! I'm glad that everything is working out for you. Little-by-little, step-by-step... You're finding her limits. That's good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I told my wife 25yrs ago, we are married 35. Like you I told her because she found something of mine. She still does not want to see me dressed. But I hang some of my vast wardrobe in our closet. I get out with my cd friends about 1x a month. We talk very little about it. I think you are lucky with your wife be understanding.
    Yours Terri

Hi Joy

It good that you wife is accepting and taking steps to find out more

Just take things along at her pace and you should be fine

Good luck with future discussions
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

glad your wife is accepting and learning

susie

Joy -- Good for you. Treat her well. Shortly after I told my wife, about eight years ago, I asked if she would have married me if I had told her then. She said no. I was really down when she told me that.
    But, she won't let me get rid of her (LOL) and we have now been married over 33 years (I think). Only kidding about that. I don't want any messages from angry wives on the forum.
    Right now, it's a matter of not seeing me dressed either in pics or person. But she is considerate about the dressing in other ways.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Sounds very similar to my story. My SO found a credit card statement and thought I was buying things for a girlfriend. After the smoke cleared she was relieved they were for me.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Joy3 View Post
    Her initial reaction was of anger and confusion,which is quite understandable as many of you know.

She is constantly re-affirming her love for me and stating she knows how much I love her, which is very true.
    mine to was one of anger initially but over the lies and lack of trust on his part

and yes i constantly tell him how muchI love him.. and like your wife i know that he also loves me.

Cding need not be the end of a relationship but sometimes it just takes some adjuting to when both parties know.......... wishing u all the best hun

Jess
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Joy same here I had inadvertently left thing out the the wife found and was glad they were mine and not some girl i'v been seeing now I dress at home with her here 5 days a week the other 2 are for her with me in drab
    Angie

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I am ever so grateful that women we love can be so courageous and steadfast in the face of these shock surprises that their men are so much more complex than what they pictured them to be.

Congratulations Joy......treasure each day!

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

That's wonderful news Joy. I'm glad to hear that your wife is accepting the this so well. Give her all the time and space she needs to sort this all through. It sounds like things are working out well. Perhaps she might like to look around this forum in time to learn a bit more. I wish both of you the best, keep us informed!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie