Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Second Life

Quote Originally Posted by Devin_TG View Post
    I started out as a "regular" female, but it got complicated very quickly as I started getting very close to friends (both male and female) and guys started hitting on me in the straight clubs. I wasn't comfortable with deceiving anyone, so I ended up revealing that I was TG in real life (RL). It was well received and all of them are still my friends. Overall, being up front about being TG in SL/RL has made things simpler for me (I now have it in my SL profile). I know most don't choose that route, which I respect. Just a personal choice for me.
    OK, understood. Makes sense to me now.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie D View Post
    I had to uninstall SL because it was causing too many problems with my computer. Since both my kids also use the computer they were beginning to question why I had to shutdown the computer so often and why it would suddenly slow down.
    I am not sure how SL was causing this? I know the most recent viewer is a little buggy and possible has a memory leak as I need to run it from a clean boot to get the best performance.

But there is no reason why SL just being there could cause your computer to suddenly slowdown.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    I have recently joined SL and I am known as Kattie Lane (hint: would love to hear from other girls in this forum) and I am portrayed as 100% female. Inmersion does really ocurr because I can tell you that I have made a friend there and have sort of fallen in love with her SL persona. She has been offline for a few days and I really miss her. The woman in the picture bellow is ME!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

Account is closed
    Off topic but I played online MMOs since way back in 1999 and everytime I always played a female avatar... go figure. Second life just doesnt attract me for some reason, perhaps since I am done with the whole online MMO thingy

Platinum Member
    ggrrr thanks to Tristan and Aethen, i am now a fully fledged addicted member of SL, feel free to join us lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    ggrrr thanks to Tristan and Aethen, i am now a fully fledged addicted member of SL, feel free to join us lol
    You will never come out again, another one lost

Love to meet you in there, I PM-ed you with my SL ID.

I used to play EverQuest as a female character (an elf, and a HOT one too!) and I did the same in Second Life (not elf, but female, and still hot! hehehe) Unfortunately I had some computer hardware issues and havent reinstalled my SL account. I dunno, I just don't really get into it that much.

K

i have played SL as well made this dress with photoshop too

Big time gamer as well, cant wait till age of conan comes out

drats

attachment didnt work

think i got it this time yaaa
    Last edited by Chantelle CD; 12-02-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantelle CD View Post
    drats

attachment didnt work

think i got it this time yaaa
    i think ive seen you

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    i think ive seen you
    Maybe we went on a in game date, would that be a

Banned Read only
    Second life was fun to poke around with for a while but it is painfully slow, bruatally slow. Its the biggest experiment to make money with virtual assets outside of the Asian MMO/item store market, and I'd like to see the next project/world Linden puts out, I'll definatly be subscribing to it.

SL has some technical problems. The main item you cant get around in any enviroment that allows users to build on a large scale is that it requires everything to be stored serverside and transfer everything to the client software on the fly. Certain items are cached client side but its mostly one long one-way transfer. The problem isn't that this requires a highend computer, the requirements for SL are pretty low, its that the software wont let you use the computer you have. The best way to make an enviroment like SL play fast is to give it bandwidth and give it cache space, but you run up againt a wall with the client software at 1gig cache and 1 meg bandwidth. The bandwitch cap I can see, bandwidth costs money and server farms don't run for free. I'd actually pay more for an option that gave me more bandwidth and maybe gave up the weekly cash allowance. The 1 gig client side cache is insanely out of date (I have .pdf files that are almost 1gig). HDDs are blindingly fast, let me run a 10 gig cache.
    Kudos to linden on making a Mac version. The Mac version isn't as stable as the windows version but just putting the development time into it was a good decision.
    Last edited by Chrysoprase; 06-06-2007 at 11:56 AM.

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    o I'm Merwie Shepherd on there btw.

Hopes to you all
    keris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

yea, i go there all the time it is my SL i go by the name Laura kohl look me up some time

I'm staying away from SL because I know it would finish me off. I can't keep up with my First Life.

I would cease to have A life...and a wife lol.

I'd love to explore SL... it sounds like a blast...but unh-uh... I know not to take that first drink.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Yeah, a wonderful fantasy world. Here's one of me riding pillion with one of the great people I have met. I don't know who they really are and they don't know who I am. Nobody cares !

SL is a time black hole. For example, last night I got to bed just as dawn was breaking after several hours spent in the center of Amsterdam meeting other tourists and exploring. Some team of enthusiasts have accurately recreated every shop and building in Amsterdam town center, just as it is in RL. I'm expecting quite a few other RL places to get the same treatment.

Last night was a hoot because I went there as a drunken reveller, complete with drinks, staggering around and singing my head off. Caused a lot of laughs. That is something I would never do in RL in either boy or girl mode...but hey, this is SL, anything goes.

Banned Read only
    Last edited by Chrysoprase; 06-13-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Diva Wannna be
    ok. now I'm spending more time in SL than RL. It's the only place I can live as Wendie FT. See you all in the TRC sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Our dream world is just about to end.

Bringing Voice to Second Life

Voice beta live

You know what this means... Any female avatar the does not use voice chat will be tagged as a man.
    If you have a powerfull enough computer it's possible to use software to change your voice to a woman's voice. I don't know if anyone developed software like that yet.

Diva Wannna be
    That software is available to PC users pretty much. MAC users, not so much.

All of us in here inviting each other for a meet in-world....

We need to get organized if it is going to happen. The venue is fairly easy, we can use TRC, I'm sure the owners would not mind. Time&place is a bit more problematic considering our various rl time zones. I can get online almost any time 08:00--01:00 GMT and on most days but many of you will have time constraints.

Here's my suggestion...treat it as a starting point...I'm open to any ideas. How about making a point of checking out TRC each night at exactly 00:00 GMT ? We could just turn up for a few minutes, see if anybody is around. Just outside the entrance would be good, so as not to gatecrash anything that may be going on inside.

So come on folks, lets get together and party

PS, for those who haven't got it landmarked, here is the TRC (Transgender Resource Center) SL URL:
    http://slurl.com/secondlife/Pavonia/23/41/101
    Last edited by Lilith Moon; 07-06-2007 at 06:46 AM. Reason: added a few extra bits...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    How about making a point of checking out TRC each night at exactly 00:00 GMT ?
    What time is that in LST? (Linden Standard Time)

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    What time is that in LST? (Linden Standard Time)
    LST = PDT now.

PDT=GMT-7

So 00:00 GMT = 17:00 PDT (I think)

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/tim.../pacific-time/

I shall be there, and maybe +/- 1 hour as well.

Diva Wannna be
    OK ... so for me that's 8 p.m. Atlanta time. Sounds good. I'll see if I can make it.

ive heard about that online game. Sounded interesting. Not sure if ill have the time to play it since im obsessing over other games right now, but maybe ill give it a try.