View Poll Results: Do you dress more in fem when things are not going right?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

147 70.67%
  • No

61 29.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress in fem more when things are not going right?

Unfortunately I suffer from pretty severe depression, which in turn completely takes away the urge of dressing. Even those days when I am not so "down" I'll dress but it doesn't last long. Depression takes away the "pull" of crossdressing for me. It sucks.

I have dressed when I was feeling stressed and it does seem to help, but when I'm feeling down or depressed I don't feel like dressing, even though I still have the desire.

Escape

I dress as an escape, in the past it seemed to escalate under stress, but now things are good and I find myself still dressing? I just like being a girl! stessed or not.

NO if the reasonwere that I'd be dressed more then 24/7
    Angie

Over the year's I've noticed that I more actively dress as my stress level increases.

I get depressed when I can't dress.

Collette

jo jo

REeally it don't matter if things are going bad i will just dress when i want no matter when are why. Bad or good and i don't have many bad days.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Dutch girl in Switzerland aka.laura's Avatar
    When I'm not OK for what reason ever dressing makes me feel better. But I do dress differently when I feel well and I put on more makeup too

yeah dress comes when a little down

yeah there is a relationship b/w me beign a bit depressed and me wanting to dress, and after dressing i get a bit h**** then i'll M***** then things will get better. oh i love those moments, chow.

No better pick me up then shoe shopping in heels
    Courtney

For me dressing can make a bad day much better and a good day really great.

I am not working at the moment and single so I can dress every day (in the closet). However when I am having a bad day the dressing takes on a more theraputic feeling. It really does relax and calm me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

When I am having a bad day I find myself wanting to be dressed femme. I too find it calming and relaxing.

Francine

Doesn't get out much. sandcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    To Bob's mind, things are seldom going *right* - so many responsibilities and uncertainties.

Once dressed, Roberta *knows* everything has been just fine.

Robeta
    I wish could spend my working life as Sandra, as I'm convinced she would cope better than he does.

Sandra the Wageslave.
    Sandcastle is a bit buried.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny kelly View Post
    When I need to relax ther is nothing like a skirt and a pair of heels to melt away the stress.
    I feel the same way Kelly.When i'm bored i tend to dress more also.Home alone with nothing to do.Out with a skirt or dress,hose and heel's and just enjoy the feeling. Justabit

Nothing like a pretty dress to relieve stress

I dress whenever I can be home alone. When I know I'm going to have a day to myself I look so forward to it that if I find out that I won't be alone, that gets depressing. It's happened more often than is good for me in the last couple of years.

Bonnie

Smile

Hi,

You have a good point. I do sometimes get dressed when I've had a hard or stressful day. It's a gresat way to relax and you can forget the pressures of the real world for a while. Sort of escapism maybe but it's always a good de stresser.

Sometimes I get dressed after I've had a good day as well though. I think it just depends on whether you're in the mood.

Sorry if I've confused things further. LOL.

Mark.

Like some others have said, I actually dress more when I feel already peaceful and joyful. When I am depressed, angry, afraid, upset, etc. then dressing just makes it worse for me. I understand it is a very helpful coping mechanism for some girls and sometimes I wish that I could get it to work that way for me. It only heightens my awareness of whatever I am feeling instead.

colette

Not that I dress much or often, given that my femme side has only just broken back through after over a decade of repression . . .

But the urge to dress seems stronger when I'm stressed and/or especially disgusted with being male, having to be male, and with the typical "male of the species" mindset in general.

-K

Yep. I tend to think about it more when I'm stressed out. Which is bad because finals are coming and I won't be able to concentrate unless I'm dressed up.

nah

I think it's the other way around. things start going bad when I don't dress for a long time.
    dann

"It's a great big white world, if we are drained of our colors."

"Think for yourself. Question authority"

Sejd
    I dress all the time now and I don't dress because I am feeling down, but on the other side, it helps my mood if I dress, and if I don't get to dress for a day or two, I get very edgy. I am moving towards dressing full time anyway so I will not have this issue anymore. I am moving my work home and I will be able to dress full time come July. I can't wait.
    hugs
    Sejd

I never really thought about it before, but since I have a stress factor right now I think that I just might dress MORE often than normal, it helps me to deal.

I deffinately dress in femme more when things aren't going well, it always makes me feel better