Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New Experience... - GG borrowing

A New Experience... - GG borrowing

... well for me anyway. I was sitting in my office yesterday and the phone rang. It was our department secretary. She said, "You wear nail polish, don't you?" I have for some time and make no secret of the fact. Yesterday I happened to be wearing a pearl white, with a lavender flower on the 4th finger and a small rhinestone in the center of the flower. So to her question, I responded that yes, I do wear nail polish. Then she asked me, "Do you have any nail polish remover with you?" For some reason, I just wasn't prepared for the question. It really took me back! I told her that I was sorry, but that I didn't have any with me. After I hung up the phone, I just sat there with the biggest, stupidest grin on my face. A girl had just asked me if I had any girl stuff she could borrow! Has this ever happened to you? Nail polish? Hair spray? Bobbie pins? All I can say is that it made my day!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

As a matter of fact it did. Last Halloween at the party at the club, a GG came up to me and asked if I had any hairpins or clips to keep her hair out of her face. I always have some spare ones in my purse just in case. I had pretty much the same reaction as you did Holly.

That's sooo cool, Holly... The only thing close was when an Executive Secretary called and said "I received your Vicrtoria Secret catalog in my mail by mistake"......... Guess now everyone knows I'm a lingerie lover! Lol

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren - You should have told her that you only read it for the articles.

holly i would say you are well accepted in your work place that's very good the only thing that ever happened to me was my personal assistant a few years ago walked in to my office one morning early and gave me some eye liner remover and said you might want to use this and left

susie

On the other hand...

I had a "new experience" with a co-worker who was a guy. He was aware of my interest as an avid admirer and one afternoon when things were quiet he asked me about my preference for color of lingerie.

He had decided to buy his gilrfriend something pretty and he asked whether I thought red was too flashy or if he should go with basic black. I smiled and told him I have always loved pink as the most feminine of colors for lingerie. I enjoy the hot reds and naughty black as much as the next person, but for me, the rich pastel of pink sends a message of intimacy and self acceptance that just makes my heart race.

He took my advice and reported back that his girlfriend really loved the lacy pink teddy with matching panties. I can't help but wonder what HE might look like in it instead!

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem
    I was in the rest room at a resturant one night and the woman in the next stall asked if I had a pad. Talk about being scared to death, ...I told her sorry no, and then waited until she left.....

BJ

The closest to that I've come (besides what my wife borrows) is being asked by a GG if I had any hair elastics she could borrow since she'd broken hers.

I wear a ponytail all the time which I hold back with a black elastic (or sometimes a scrunchy when home) and have also broken a few during the day, so make a point of having a few spares around.

It IS kind of a neat feeling knowing that she needed something like that and she thought of me!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Joanne View Post
    I was in the rest room at a resturant one night and the woman in the next stall asked if I had a pad. Talk about being scared to death, ...I told her sorry no, and then waited until she left.....
    I'm actually a bit afraid of this happening to me when using the restroom... My voice isn't 'passable' so I wouldn't even feel comfortable saying 'No' without giving myself away and making us both uncomfortable.

The only solution I could think of (though I don't think I'd actually do it) would be to carry a pad in my purse so if I AM asked I could hand it over and not have to say anything!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Dutch girl in Switzerland aka.laura's Avatar
    Things like that only happen at home. My wife: Honey!! Can I borrow your mascara? Pleeease???

I have three sisters, but only one of them knows I CD. She's given me heaps of femme stuff & helped me buy clothes, shoes, jewellery, wig & make-up. She sometimes uses my make-up (it's OK we have the same breed of skin bacteria ). I can hardly refuse, especially since I used to borrow her stuff without asking when I was young.

I've had other GG friend's ask me for eye make-up remover, nail polish remover, pantyhose & even tampons. I love it. It makes me feel accepted as one of the girls.

On a related note, I've had a few GGs ask me to do their eye makeup for them, which I take as a real compliment.

It's interesting that my GG friends seem to feel even more comfortable talking to me about girly things when I'm dressed up.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    ... well for me anyway. I was sitting in my office yesterday and the phone rang. It was our department secretary. She said, "You wear nail polish, don't you?" I have for some time and make no secret of the fact. Yesterday I happened to be wearing a pearl white, with a lavender flower on the 4th finger and a small rhinestone in the center of the flower. So to her question, I responded that yes, I do wear nail polish. Then she asked me, "Do you have any nail polish remover with you?" For some reason, I just wasn't prepared for the question. It really took me back! I told her that I was sorry, but that I didn't have any with me. After I hung up the phone, I just sat there with the biggest, stupidest grin on my face. A girl had just asked me if I had any girl stuff she could borrow! Has this ever happened to you? Nail polish? Hair spray? Bobbie pins? All I can say is that it made my day!
    Gee I guess I wish I lived in Southern Cal. I can't even imagine wearing nail polish to most workplaces around here!

My youngest daughter came home for 2 weeks at the beginning of the month. Because of a meeting I was going to attend on 3/8, I told her I was a CD. Her only comments were "you are crazy" and "OMG".

After we got home she said she needed something to remove makeup and I handed her some of the baby wipes I had.

She talked herself into wearing a wrap skirt home on the airplane, and to also wear sandals. But she needed to remove some old polish from her toe nails. I supplied the nail polish remover.

Yes it does feel real good to be able to provide something feminine when it is needed.

BTW, I do carry a pad in my purse just so I could hand it under the stall wall if asked if I had one.

Helen in OK

Wow! What a cool experience. Something like that would have made my entire week...possibly the whole month! (it's also interesting: Often, people consider us, as crossdressers, to be pretty far out in left field...but let a situation arise where our help is needed, and suddenly we're not so far out there!)
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

A GG once asked me if she could borrow a spanner.

Nah.

Doesn't work does it?

Platinum Member
    cool Holy very cool ....love to hear your having some fun ......

Smile Borrowing

My 19 year old daughter borrows hair accessories all the time as I have longer hair than she does and I generally wear it in a pony tail.

And I wear nail polish to work as a guy but easy to hide colors like Sally Hansen "Truth Creme" and Avom "Purple Wash". These seem to be almost invisible. And no one has commented on the shine nor on that I appear to have no cuticles and the whiter bit at the end seems to be faint.

Does almost count? A couple of years ago my wife was going to allow my daughter (who lives away and was home for a weekend visit) to borrow a short slip I bought for my "above the knee" skirts.
    Well, for some reason, my daughter changed her mind about it. I'm glad because she doesn't know about me and I don't know how I would have told her that I wanted it back so she wouldn't take it home with her.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

yep my step daughter always borrows a lot of stuff eye makeup remover makeup bras skirts shoes and so on and so on we are pritty close to the same size and she is only 13 years old

As the twig is bent... Leslie Foxx's Avatar
    It's starting to get around that I keep all sorts of stuff in my purse for any contingency. I've helped out ggs and tgs with all sorts of girl gear from barettes to Q tips. Of course, whatever it is they need, it's always in the bottom.

Must be a holdover when my motto was "Be Prepared"
    [SIZE="3"]Leslie[/SIZE]

"In these shoes?"

No, I've never had anyone ask to borrow something. I can understand how it made you feel Holly.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Holly,

Well I guess Marla doesn't count does she? .... as that happens quite often. I'm thinking you mean someone who is not our SOs. I can only think of one time quite a while ago. Once, when myself and a mixed group of friends of mine all stayed at a hotel "up North" in the UK for the weekend (it was for our friend's wedding) one of the GGs (who knew I tended to be a bit girly but didn't know I was a cder) came to my room and asked me if I had a "suitable robe" she could borrow as she had forgotten hers and she didn't want to wear one of the hotel's thick toweling robes. I nervously said "... err yes" and handed over a rather plain but quite femme white silk robe. She smiled and said "I knew you'd have something girly!".
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Thanks for your stories, girls... keep 'em coming! Any GG's out there want to admit that they have borrowed something (from someone other than their SO)?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

My wife has borrowed pantyhose, strapless bra, camisoles on several occasions.

Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by goofus View Post
    Gee I guess I wish I lived in Southern Cal. I can't even imagine wearing nail polish to most workplaces around here!
    Hi Goofus,
    Not sure where in Indiana you live but I've had no problems since I went fulltime in 1996.

As to the question in the main topic, a good friend asked to if I had some hose she could borrow when we were getting ready to go out one day.

Gerri