Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The age old bathroom quandry.

As the twig is bent... Leslie Foxx's Avatar
    I don't see a key to the map. Sally, could you give the lowdown on the White and Beige colors?
    [SIZE="3"]Leslie[/SIZE]

"In these shoes?"

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'm super lucky as I have Marla with me all the time and so I'm able to go to any restroom anywhere as she tends to "keep guard" for me. The only time I have ever been in the women's restroom on my own is in gay bars, which while (technically) I am "trespassing" no one seems to care.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Foxx View Post
    I don't see a key to the map. Sally, could you give the lowdown on the White and Beige colors?
    The white means there is absolutely no specific legal protections for people by gender presentation. You'll notice that slides thru the south and up into the midwest.

Brown means that there are no state laws but there are some counties that have their own laws protecting by gender.

The green dots means there are specific cities that have their own local laws or ordinances that protect our rights.

And of course green indicates that state has state laws that protect us.

I can't vouch for when this was updated, as the other links also sometimes show only up to a certain year. Calls to the local city hall or state house might yield you better, more up to date info on local protections. Mass. is currently considering a state wide law to protect our civil rights.

Sally

Thanks Sally for the links! I looked thru them, not 100% still on the restroom queston but if 'Public Accomodations' also means restrooms then in Atlanta I would be ok using the ladies room according to the law.

Worth A Read

MTA Settles Case of Trans Rest Rooms
    Trans Worker at Grand Central ‘thrilled’ with outcome
    Monday, October 30, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) — Transgender people won the right to use any rest room operated by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in railroad and subway stations in an agreement reached with a woman who had sued the agency for the right.

Under the agreement, reached last Monday, the MTA also agreed to pay Helena Stone, formerly known as Henry McGuinness, $2,000 in damages to pay for her legal fees, according to the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund, which represented Stone.

It also calls for the MTA to hold transgender sensitivity training for its workers.

The MTA confirmed the settlement but declined to comment further.

Stone, 70, filed a complaint with the city’s Human Rights Commission after being arrested three times for using the women’s restroom at Grand Central Terminal where she worked as a telephone technician. She was charged with disorderly conduct each time.

Stone said the arrests forced her to use a cup in her office, which has no bathroom.

Stone, who dresses like woman, has been in transition from male to female for about 10 years.

"I’m thrilled with it," Stone said after the agreement was reached.

During one arrest, Stone said, an officer called her "a freak, a weirdo and the ugliest woman in the world" and warned her, "If I ever see you in the women’s bathroom, I’m going to arrest you."

The MTA dropped its charges in March against Stone after the TLDEF staged a rally outside Grand Central in February.

The Human Rights Commission has previously instituted a similar policy for government and other public bathrooms in the city.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is great. Now, the next time I am in New York, I can pick the door with teh shortest line! Or, do I have to be dressed to do that?

About Map

Mmm, is it a coincedence, that all the states without Equal Rights, are "Red States"???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brianna Lovely; 04-01-2007 at 09:28 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just go to the ladies room. No one ever botherd me.

In order to be charged, surely there must be evidence in place of inappropriate behavior. Most crossdressers behave better in the ladies room than some women do.

Surprise she didn't rush in to the ladies room and bust you!! Lol. Pat you down for weapons!! Hehe

I've never had any problems using the restroom for which ever gender I was dressed as.. A few times when in mixed gender mode I chose the unisex resttroom.. Well because I didn't even know what gender I was representing so how could anyone else!!

The last trip out I was enfemme but in male clothes... And used the ladies room at a rest area where a bunch of police were inspecting trucks... I expected to be aprended when I came out of the ladies room... But they weren't there!! Whewwwww...

"Breaking News...... A man dressed as a woman dressed as a man was caught by police today at a nearby rest area using the ladies restroom". Photos at 11:00"...... Lots and lots of photos!!

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 04-02-2007 at 09:03 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Lovely View Post
    Mmm, is it a coincedence, that all the states without Equal Rights, are "Red States"???
    ummm... last time I checked, Vermont (where I live, and you have marked as a red state) is about as 'blue' as it gets. We don't have any specific laws here regarding the issue, my guess is that no cases have come up yet were people have complained and things have gone to court, so there has been no 'push' on the issue.

Vermont is pretty much a 'live and let live' state, so I don't ever see it being much of an issue. Perhaps you confused Vt. with our neighbor New Hampshire which IS Red.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've never had any problems using the restroom for which ever gender I was dressed as..
    Karen;

You are a special case... you go IN male and come OUT female
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

deidra
    Having had the pleasure of your company I find it hard to believe you would have any problems any where. You go girl where ever you want to!!

Sorry so late missed this while on holiday. You always handle yourself out and about with so much class...kudos to you hon.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I think many cops unless they see something illegal ( like driving acts) or you really look suspicious ( acting VERY nervous and catching their eye because of it ) are not gonna bother with little things they may see that aren't an obvious illegal act. Context matters of course ( like walking down an alley late at night ).

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE] I am older than most that post here, I believe. When I was on my way to Transpit Saturday I planned to stop for dinner on the way. After a horrible traffic jam that tied me up for an hour, when I got to the restaurant I really had to go BAD. So after ordering a wine, into the ladies room I went. Of course I used the pottie in fem fashion. When I exited the stall, there was a nice 40ish gg at the mirror. I stood beside her and patched up my makeup. We murmured a few pleasantries, with no problem. I was seated alone next to a table of 6 retired executive and wife types, who babbled on senslesly, without a word about me. Before leaving, I used the ladies room again. (Water pills are a great impetus!) I was dressed very conservatively, longish black skirt, black and grey tights, long sleeved black sweater, patent low heels, sort of "busy" dangly gold earrings, rings, watch, bangles, and my gray hair is well below my shoulders and wavy, and I had my bangs combed down straight (they could use a trim), and my makeup was pretty good. I honestly believe older girls who present as sort of mature or grandmotherly types have passing so much easier. We don't seem to be much of a threat to anyone.

After Transpit I changed into my shortest black mini and hit the bars, where I had a wonderful time. Only one guy hit on me, and it was a gentle hit. He knew I was a CD. He got a kiss on the cheek for the compliment, but I left alone. He seemed a little disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by Deidra Cowen View Post
    Hard to really answer..but ya know sometimes you just pickup a vibe. She seemed to be a bit amused with me but I detected no hostility nor did she seem bothered by me. Just probably thinking it was funny the Tgirl was out at the diner in the early hours I guess.
    I would take a guess and say she was probably a lesbian and has seen lots of trannies.
    She was acknowledging you with a smile as women often do.
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Regarding the bathroom issue - last weekend we had our 15th annual Houston TG Unity weekend at the Westchase Hilton Hotel attended by over 200 local TG's and supporters. This was the 7th time at this hotel. Until 2006 our contract with the hotel required that any TG attendees without a Female ID marker use the designated out of order restroom. Our contract for the last two years states, "The Westchase Hilton requires that members of this group are welcomed to use which restroom they are dressed to use. All staff are to refer to the attendees as Ms., Mrsk. Miss, Mam, Mr or Sir according to the individual's clothing. These are valued guests and adhering to these simple requests is mandatory." If we could only have this requirement in more places.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Thanks for the map, Sally! Makes me feel proud to be a Minnesotan!

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidra Cowen View Post
    I'm not passable! Only have progressed to blendable....joking a bit here with ya but honestly like 99% of the Tgirls out there I give off clues that I am a guy. That being said most the time I can go around and not get noticed...but upon close inspection people will read me.

Are you saying I looked like a Stripper that night?? <<giggle>> But yes there are tons of strip clubs here sweetie. Thats one place I probably will never go to as a fem. LOL
    [SIZE="3"]My past GF was an exotic dancer and she was working in a club outside of Pittsburgh, walked in as a Guy out as a Girl. One of the best time I had out was Halloween with my ex, only the second time out we went to a Japanese Restaurant she had dressed me up “****ty” and we went out with 5 other dancers and a gay guy friend of ours, wish I had the picture of that table. They knew us in the restaurant for we went there often, after that we went out to a club dancing, I probably drew less attention than the other girls for there was so much cleavage and leg showing people would not have noticed me. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

On the road tomorrow

[QUOTE=Sally24;807200]Well, the map means there is some laws that specifically protect peoples rights by gender presentation. They are all a little different so you have to check around to find what is included. These might help a little.

Yes the map helped immensely, because tomorrow I'm driving I-40 from OKC to a little town called Flippin, AR. to buy some land and have been toying with the idea of driving CD. Would have to use truckstop or rest area during the 400 mile trip, so will do it in drab for outerwear, but will get dressed once I get to my motel room. Thanks

Banned Read only
    Hi,

I have to say (being from the UK - it might be different) I went out for the first time recently and ended up needing to use the bathroom.

I did wait until the coast was clear and then quickly used the ladies in the pub where I was out drinking with friends (all guys BTW so no other friendly girls to go with). I quickly did my business (with my feet pointing the correct way ) washed up, checked my makeup and left.

I have to say it was a bit of a thrill to use the ladies for the first time. I think as a CD I've always wondered what went on in there!

Hugs and kisses,

EmmaJ.