Thread: Maria's (Sorta) Night Out.

Maria's (Sorta) Night Out.

Due to the nature of my wife's job, I agreed with her not to go out dressed around our little burg, only out of town like Atlanta (which is 90 minutes away).
    Well I have been going stir crazy being stuck at home. The past few days I have been getting dressed to go "out", hoping to go to the Barnes and Noble on the north side of town, buy me a Grande regular coffee at the Starbucks inside and park my padded tush down at a table and see what happened. Since there is no way I can pass upon close inspection, I had the hope someone would come and talk to me, whether it be insulting or just curious, so I could talk about who/what I am, why I do it, and hope to pass on a little more understanding and tolerence for all of us. But things just weren't coming together, and wifey reminded me of my promise to honor her and not get her fired.

I guess I had dropped enough hints that I needed to "get out!!" that she offered to take me with her to Michael's, an arts and crafts store, that she was going to this evening to find posts for her earings. I had to be dropped off at a remote location from the store then walk, so I wouldn't be seen with her, which worked for me. I had changed into the 3 peice that I'm wearing in my current profile pic, including the high boots with the 3 inch heels, making me 6'-2" tall. We have an SUV, I figured she would want to pull it into the garage before I got in to hide me from the neighbors, but she left it in the driveway, figuring it was night time who would see and I got to walk out into the neighborhood all dressed up for the 1st time, to get into the vehicle.

She found a dark spot by a dead Gateway store to drop me off and away she went. The path to the Michaels was replete with very "live" stores so I opted to go that way, and no one paid me the slightest bit of attention. One guy came out of one store, yakking on a cell, looked at me for about 3 seconds then continued on his way. I finally reached the Michaels and strode inside like I belonged there, spotted my wife and moved on. Once inside, I went about my business, even though I noticed I towered over most of the people there. Columbus, GA is home to Ft Benning, an Infantry training center and US Army Ranger Regiments. There was one soldier boy looking at items on an aisle near me, he passed within 3 feet of me, I was still taller then him, he glanced briefly and moved on. I think if I had watched him for a reaction he would have noticed and looked harder, but I didn't, nor did he.

After the pre-agreed time I moved out of the store, again no one seemd to pay me any attention. At the exit I ran into a Mom with her daughter and a shopping cart full of goodies struggling to get out. I so wanted to help, but didn't want want to frighten her since she had a little daughter with her. I held the doors anyway, there was NO WAY!! she couldn't tell, but she didn't say a thing, didn't even react weird. I made my way back to the dark spot by the dead Gateway store, lit a smoke and waited for my wife. The funny thing was cars passing by would stop nearby me. I figured the boots made me look like a hooker, but I turned my back on them and the moved on.

Wasn't my idea of great outing, but I'll take what I can get......

Maria Andres

Tristen Cox
    Kewl! Anywhich way you can get to go out you should take it and have as much fun with it as possible. Good for you!

*hugs*
    Tristen

Nice rundown on your outing. I hope you enjoyed it.

One day several years ago while I was having a coffee in my little town, I was looking out the window when I noticed a 6'2" woman walking down the sidewalk across the street. I did a doubletake, and read her right away. I got so excited. A kindred spirit. I had to talk with her. Quickly, I paid for my goods and went across the street and found her in an antique store, down in the basement. We were all alone. It was perfect. I walked right up to her and said, "say, do you know what time it is?" It scared the shit right out of her, and I realized then and there that what I was doing wasn't right. I backed away, thanked her, told her to have a nice day, and went on. Although I really wanted to befriend her, buy her a cup of coffee, sit with her and tell her how much I admired her, how good she looked, how wonderful it was to see her, I knew that the best thing to do was leave her alone. Perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps I was right. Now? Several years later? I guess I wish I had made her a little uncomfortable for the few minutes that it would take for her to know that I wanted to be her friend. Oh, well.

Maria,

Way to go, girl! Perfect attitude as far as I'm concerned. You got handed a lemon and made lemonade. It's true that the more time you spend out, the easier it gets. BTW, I'm glad you honored your promise to the wife. I'll bet it leads to bigger and better things, and soon.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

That's a very nice story Maria. I wish my wife would go out with me but there is no way she will. That only leaves me to go out alone during the day when she's not here. And up to now she has no idea that I do it. She's bound to find out eventually and when it happens I'll let all of you know what happened.
    Kisses, Linda

This sounds like my story, too, Linda. My wife has no idea the extent to which I dress. So all I can do is go out when I have a day off and she is at work. And I have done that many, many times over the years, thankfully without any bad incidents.

I wish I could share this part of me with her but I've tried to drop a hint a couple of times and she has made it clear that she does not want to hear it. I don't think I want her to find out accidentally, but, then again, maybe it would be easier that way. Maybe I should "accidentally" leave some of my pictures in a place where I know she would find them. . .

Ooohh, no! That's too scary a thought to imagine what her reaction would be like. :-(

Maria, I loved your story, too! It seems like all that many of us girls want is just to be out in public, experiencing what it is like on the "other side". I just love the feel of a skirt and heels, and walking in public, where others will see me, is just such a rush! I try not to get too close to people because I don't pass, but love to be seen at a little distance. I wish I could understand or explain why this experience is so delicious! But the swirl of a skirt and the click-click-click of a high-heeled shoe creates just a wonderful feeling in me!

I am delighted when I read about others experiencing this for the first time!

Thanks ladies, I enjoyed your responses and individual perspectives on my outing. This was my second time out in public but the 1st time "locally" and the most important thing I got out of it was affirming what I have read and been told, that most people are to busy with their own lives to notice or even care, or just simple "don't care". Of course being appropriately dressed and going to benign places is important in that regard. Had I put on one of my short skirts and bright red pumps, and went sashaying around the brew pubs on Broad St. the outcome would have been a wee bit different. I know the mind set of drunk 20 year old soldiers, I was once a drunk 20 year old Marine a looooong time ago. Then all the horror stories about being a cross dresser would come true in an instant, (shudder) but enough of that.

I liked Susan's storie about approaching the CDer, I would probly be startled out of my thigh highs too, but being more comfortable being out I'm craving social interaction like a normal person and would have regained my composure and gone for that coffee and a nice chat
    Last edited by Maria2004; 02-17-2005 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria2004

I liked Susan's storie about approaching the CDer, I would probly be startled out of my thigh highs too, but being more comfortable being out I'm craving social interaction like a normal person and would have regained my composure and gone for that coffee and a nice chat
    I'd like to think that I could do that, too, Maria. If someone approached me and wanted to talk, even though I knew that they probably knew, I think I could go someplace public to chat. If they asked civil questions, I think I could handle that.

I have talked in drab with another cd'er that I met through a Yahoo group and talked openly about dressing. It's kind of odd when you're both in drab and talking about lingerie and dresses, but, on the other hand, it was kind of nice, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    This sounds like my story, too, Linda. My wife has no idea the extent to which I dress. So all I can do is go out when I have a day off and she is at work. And I have done that many, many times over the years, thankfully without any bad incidents.

I wish I could share this part of me with her but I've tried to drop a hint a couple of times and she has made it clear that she does not want to hear it. I don't think I want her to find out accidentally, but, then again, maybe it would be easier that way. Maybe I should "accidentally" leave some of my pictures in a place where I know she would find them. . .

Ooohh, no! That's too scary a thought to imagine what her reaction would be like. :-(
    My wife knows all about my dressing Nanci and I usually spend about 18 hours a day dressed. She just has no idea that I go out when she's gone. I really don't know what will happen if she ever comes home while I'm gone and I have to get back in sometime. That's not a very nice thought.
    Kisses, Linda

Platinum Member
    sounds like a nice tripout and most if the timewe tend to think the world is watching but we slip on by ..............and some times thay are............lol........................

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    I have talked in drab with another cd'er that I met through a Yahoo group and talked openly about dressing. It's kind of odd when you're both in drab and talking about lingerie and dresses, but, on the other hand, it was kind of nice, too.
    What's so cool about the Tri-ess chapter in Atlanta, and maybe they are all the same, is on Sunday morning they have a "Bubba Breakfast" where you cannot be dressed en femme, just your normal self. I attended of course with my wife, and had just as much fun as I did at the party all dressed up Saturday night. We talked about all kinds of things including dressing up, not in hushed whispers but right out there along with everything else. When we got home again sunday afternoon, I was so drained, physicaly and emotionaly I laid down on the floor and fell asleep for 2 1/2 hours, I could not be woken up. After I did wake up I didn't sleep again for the next 36 hours, during which time I had read Lacey Leigh's book "7 Secrets of Successful Crossdressers" cover to cover in a few hours. Between the experience of coming out, going out in public, reading the book, it all came together for me. "I knew why"

I her book, near the end, Leigh references the song "The Impossible Dream"

To dream ... the impossible dream ...
    To fight ... the unbeatable foe ...
    To bear ... with unbearable sorrow ...
    To run ... where the brave dare not go ...

I'm like, "yea this is cool", but I've heard this song a zillion times growing up and as the rest of the words automatically played out in my head it came to this part that hit me hard, so hard I began to weep

And I know if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest,
    That my heart will lie will lie peaceful and calm,
    when I'm laid to my rest ...

it's like 4 am and I'm hunched down on the kitchen floor weeping like an old lady for the final "purging" of all the garbage I had carried, and suffered with and caused others to suffer because of it. My name is William, my name is Maria, I'm the same person, not different, just trying to become whole. Guess I got a little carried away here, just recounting the trip to Atlanta brought it all back.

That's deep Maria.
    DonnaT

Finally!!!! Out of the house and........

Chalk up another victory for the sisterhood!!!!! I finally got up the nerve to dance in the moonlight. AND MY WIFE WENT WITH ME!!!! I had bought a multicolored top to go with my black knit skirt, and clogs. 6' 3" from wig top to the floor. (nosebleed section)
    So after a bit of warpaint I was ready to venture out. That's when wife walked in. Lucky for me she was tired or I think I would have been in trouble ( in a sexy way) So I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk with me?
    With it being late, the chances for being recognized were minimal. I decided to head for the local university. My logic was that even if the cops came by they would think that we were just a couple of students taking nigh classes.( wife is in school so we have lots of text books) We passed about a dozen students, but NO POLICE. (hmm. coffee break??) We made our way back to the car, (much to her pleasure, she was walking behind me most of the time) without incident.
    When we got in I asked her what was going on behind me? (I was too scared to look) She said a couple of guys took a second look but kept on going.( I guess 6'3" can look quite imposing)
    I'll see how she feels about another walk on campusthis evening, but this time I"ll take the camera with me. The pics help me see how well I am progressing. Unless one of my sisters here in "St.L. would like to join me for a little walk under the stars.
    Hugs and kisses, Noel
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.