Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breast forms and caring for them - what to do?

In the Vortex of Entropy between worlds. Well, Minnesota...I guess.

Breast forms and caring for them - what to do?

THIS MARKS MY 100th POST! Woo-hoo! Anyway...

I recently purchased my first set of silicone breast forms and I was wondering what to do with them, how to use them, how to take care of them, what I should do/don't do with them, etc.

I just know so little about them and they seem so...easy to destroy. I don't want that at all - I haven't even gotten a chance to properly use them yet.

So PLEASE - tell me all there is to know about wearing and taking care of breast forms. I need all the info I can get.

Some basic questions:

-Can I jog in them? I really want to do this (but they are not athletic forms).

-How long can I wear them generally?

-Can I drive in them?

-When should I clean them?

-Are they really as fragile as they look? (They're $150 forms but they remind me of silicone in a zip-loc bag).

There are so many more questions I have, but I'll start with these for now. PLEASE ladies, let me know everything there is to know about wearing and caring for breast forms (tips, tricks, and antecdotes are welcome!) - I NEED HELP! Thank you all!

(By the way - here are the form specifics: 'Transform Classic I' "Supersoft" silicone breast forms. Beige colored with attached nipple. Purchased form The Breast Form Store.com (which I highly, highly, HIGHLY reccommend for all breast form purchases). Thanks for the help!
    [SIZE="3"]Do faith and cross-dressing need to cross swords? I believe not... ~XDW Nathan-Natasha[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"How do you expect my enemies, my friends, and the public in general to understand the meaning of the images that appear suddenly and which I reproduce in my pictures, when I myself, who am the one who 'makes' them, I don't understand them either?"
    ~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Yes you can drive in them, and eat in them too. I sleep in mine althought you are not supposed to I think. I have worn my for more than 24 hours straight. I put them back in the special boxes for storage when not a part of my person.

Emily Ann

Oh, oh, oh - I thought of one more question. Do I need to tape them on? If so, what tape should I use? I know they have a special double-sided tape at the breast form store, but I don't wan to get it and have it damage my new jigglies (or my real ones for that matter...).

I really appreciate all the help you ladies can give!
    [SIZE="3"]Do faith and cross-dressing need to cross swords? I believe not... ~XDW Nathan-Natasha[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"How do you expect my enemies, my friends, and the public in general to understand the meaning of the images that appear suddenly and which I reproduce in my pictures, when I myself, who am the one who 'makes' them, I don't understand them either?"
    ~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by XDW Nathan-Natasha View Post

Some basic questions:

-Can I jog in them? I really want to do this (but they are not athletic forms).

-How long can I wear them generally?

-Can I drive in them?

-When should I clean them?

-Are they really as fragile as they look? (They're $150 forms but they remind me of silicone in a zip-loc bag).
    Jogging? sure if you have a sturdy bra.

Wear them as long as you want, but after some time you will perspire and will probably develop some..uh.. aroma.

Can you drive in them? That all depends, could drive before you bought them?

Wash then often with mild soap and water, as mentioned before, they will begin to ripen from body oils and perspiration.

Not really fragile, but easily torn or punctured.

I have no experience with tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
    Jogging? sure if you have a sturdy bra.

Wear them as long as you want, but after some time you will perspire and will probably develop some..uh.. aroma.

Can you drive in them? That all depends, could drive before you bought them?

Wash then often with mild soap and water, as mentioned before, they will begin to ripen from body oils and perspiration.

Not really fragile, but easily torn or punctured.

I have no experience with tape.
    Thanks for the advice, Tedi! It really helps for a start. Like I said, I need to know so much.

Do you know of any way I can absorb or reduce perspiration so the foms don't get um...ripe?
    As for the driving thing...I can operate a car pretty well? Does that count as driving well? Seriously though, I was just wondering if wearing a seatbelt or whatever could damage them.

Anything else I need to know ladies?

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hey luv!

i have several types....pals, triangle silicone, etc....i sleep in the larger silicone ones with no problems, but the thinner ones may seperate from the protecting covering and form bubbles and even come apart from compression if you sleep on your stomach...i've had enhancers *one size larger, types* get ruined that way, so be careful. The pals don't compress, but get stains and smudge marks on them that are hard to get off, so i like the silicone ones for wearing outdoors in the yard, housework, etc...they are easy to wipe off and clean...i use mild soap and water...
    talcuum powder them and they stay fresh and you smell nice!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ashlee chiffon View Post
    talcuum powder them and they stay fresh and you smell nice!
    Ahhhh, so my fiance was wise in getting me talcum powder! I was worried it would damage them! Good to know that it'll work! Thanks Ashlee!

And a special thank you to my fiance - ag_gg on the forums here - for getting me the talcum powder!

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On a gender safari
    THIS MARKS MY 100th POST! Woo-hoo! Anyway...

I recently purchased my first set of silicone breast forms and I was wondering what to do with them, how to use them, how to take care of them, what I should do/don't do with them, etc.
    100 posts already? Didn't you get here after me? *Hahaha*

I'll be watching for your future posts about how your forms work out. I've been thinking about splurging on a deluxe pair like those. So far all I have ordered is a pair of the $20 eBay cheapies. We'll see how it works out. Keep us informed!
    "If we hide who we are for the convenience of others, we 'pass' ourselves up in the process."

don't forget to feed and watere'm!!
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer easton View Post
    don't forget to feed and watere'm!!
    Like, you mean they might get bigger? I'll need a new bra collection! But I SUPPOSE I could afford to go up to a D (DD anyone?). Nah...I'm a conservative girl, I like my B/C cups. But don't worry Jennifer, I'll take good care of them. (I know I can water them, but what do they eat?)

Expect pics and more info from me as I start wearing them more. I'll let you girls know what they're like! Thanks for the tips; keep 'em coming!

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congratulations on your new acquisition. I just got mine yesterday and tried them out last night. I bought them on EBay for a total cost of around $50. They are great with the weight, shape and life like nipple. I was thinking I may have to get some nipple covers for those times when I need to be more proper while dressed. Your questions are great and I have the same ones. Mine are triangular shaped. I got size 6 which is a definite C cup. So, yes, I just bought a 36C bra to replace my 36Bs. Hopefully, I can try the new bra tonight to see if that helps. I hope someone responds regarding taping. Mine tended to wander last night in the 36B unpadded underwire bra. I also use a Flexee camisol underneath my bra so the form did not touch my skin (maybe that is why it roamed around last nite!). It helps hold in my "baby" fat and actually has stretched areas for real breasts. The forms also liked to roam when inserted against the skin.

A toast to these wonderful forms. They feel so real I could almost ......!

Well ladies, I wore my breast forms for a good few hours yesterday, and I'm planning on wearing them most of the day tomorrow while I work on my book. I wanna be full on enfemme tomorrow, and the boobies are a must! I'll report on how it goes later on.

By the way, is taping the forms on suggested, or should it be skipped? What do you ladies think?

Are there any other ways to affix breast forms to ones chest (Especially a hairy one...)?

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's a couple o' preliminary pics of me wearing my forms that I took with my webcam. My hairyness is clearly visible as is a nasty case of razor burn. Other than that I think the forms look pretty good. What do you ladies think?

I appologize for my appearance, if such is necessary. I'm a little self conscious...
    Attached Images Attached Images

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Natasha,

I got the larger cup size (B to C) to make sure I would cover all or most of the form. I also note that they do not look as good with any type of padded bras. Maybe because mine are the smaller B cup size. You may want to experiment with that and also adjusting the straps to get the forms to ride in the most natural position. Otherwise, nice breast girl!

Quote Originally Posted by aluchi_aluchona View Post
    Natasha,

I got the larger cup size (B to C) to make sure I would cover all or most of the form. I also note that they do not look as good with any type of padded bras. Maybe because mine are the smaller B cup size. You may want to experiment with that and also adjusting the straps to get the forms to ride in the most natural position. Otherwise, nice breast girl!
    *giggle* :blushing: Thanks for the sweet compliment, Aluchi. I'm still a bit of a novice at wearing the ladies, and I'll try some of the tips you've given me. I'm just worried that if I wear larger bras, the forms'll slide around too much.
    Any suggestions for adjusting the straps to get them to ride more naturally? Should I tighten them, loosen them; let the forms ride more up, down, left, right...backwards? Yaw, pitch, roll (wait, those are spacecraft planes of motion...sorry...). As I'm still a young girl when it comes to wearing forms and bras, I need all the advice I can get.

That goes for the rest of you beautiful ladies out there; have any tips for me?
    Last edited by XDW Nathan-Natasha; 04-08-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Some basic punctuation mistakes I wanted to fix for fun...I'm an author after all - or will be soon enough...*sigh*

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's a couple o' preliminary pics of me wearing my forms that I took with my webcam. My hairyness is clearly visible as is a nasty case of razor burn. Other than that I think the forms look pretty good. What do you ladies think?

I appologize for my appearance, if such is necessary. I'm a little self conscious...
    Off-hand, I would say that your bra is A: the wrong size for your or B: you need a "full coverage" bra.

What size are the forms?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Lovely View Post
    Off-hand, I would say that your bra is A: the wrong size for your or B: you need a "full coverage" bra.

What size are the forms?
    They're B/C forms (Size 5). The bra is 38C. I don't know...maybe it's the cut. It's a padded underwire bra too, which makes a difference. Like I said, they're preliminary pics. I have another coupla' bras that may work better. I'm still learning...I hope I don't look foolish...

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wear the same forms, and also bought them from the BF store. (Wonderful folks!) My thoughts:

-Keep the plastic cups they came in. Put them in your drawer and always store the forms in them.

-Wash with mild soap and water if needed.

-Don't sleep with them on! If you roll over on them the pressure could pop them!

-A little baby powder keeps them comfy on warm days.

I have never tried attaching mine, (I just love wearing a bra too much!) so can't speak to that. Jogging might be a bit uncomfortable without a good bra...again, I haven't tried it.

If you want to take them when you travel, pack them in their boxes or wear them! If you're flying, DON'T put them in checked luggage! The CAT scanners they use on luggage now will see two bags full of some kind of gel and you'll never see them again! I have a foam pair I take on plane trips.

I know they seem fragile, but with care they'll last a long time. The polyethylene outer cover is really quite durable. My last pair lasted over 3 years, finally opening up a small hole. I patched it with scotch tape while I saved for a new pair.

Hope you like them as much as I do mine! I'm sure you will!

~Julia

[QUOTE=XDW Nathan-Natasha;816139]Here's a couple o' preliminary pics of me wearing my forms that I took with my webcam. My hairyness is clearly visible as is a nasty case of razor burn. QUOTE]

I have found this website to be helpful for both hair removal, and treating bumps/burns from razors:

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/...oks/19/192.cfm

Hope you find it helpful.

Denied

• While temperature extremes should not adversely affect a form for a short period of time, storage temperatures should stay at more moderate levels.
    • You can sleep in your forms, but it is not recommended.
    • The original boxes for most forms are designed to protect the form and help keep its shape.
    • You should wash your form every day you wear it. Use warm water and a very mild soap (possibly unscented dish soap). DO NOT use soaps with perfumes or moisturizers - one fitter singled out Dove as an example of a bad soap to use. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
    • Remove all jewelry before handling your forms. The edges and stones of rings could damage the form. If you plan to wear a pin or brooch, put it on your clothes before putting your forms in place.
    • You can wear your forms for pretty much any normal activity, but be careful around pets - their claws could puncture your forms through your clothing.
    • Don't use perfumed deodorants. Even better, stick with anti-perspirants, as sweat can damage the form over time.
    • Putting your forms on while sitting on the floor or the bed can help protect them if one happens to slip.
    • Putting a cotton make-up remover pad behind your form can help absorb perspiration during hot weather and strenuous activity.
    • Some adhesives can damage your forms, so be careful (especially with respect to attachable nipples.)
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    • While temperature extremes should not adversely affect a form for a short period of time, storage temperatures should stay at more moderate levels.
    • You can sleep in your forms, but it is not recommended.
    • The original boxes for most forms are designed to protect the form and help keep its shape.
    • You should wash your form every day you wear it. Use warm water and a very mild soap (possibly unscented dish soap). DO NOT use soaps with perfumes or moisturizers - one fitter singled out Dove as an example of a bad soap to use. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
    • Remove all jewelry before handling your forms. The edges and stones of rings could damage the form. If you plan to wear a pin or brooch, put it on your clothes before putting your forms in place.
    • You can wear your forms for pretty much any normal activity, but be careful around pets - their claws could puncture your forms through your clothing.
    • Don't use perfumed deodorants. Even better, stick with anti-perspirants, as sweat can damage the form over time.
    • Putting your forms on while sitting on the floor or the bed can help protect them if one happens to slip.
    • Putting a cotton make-up remover pad behind your form can help absorb perspiration during hot weather and strenuous activity.
    • Some adhesives can damage your forms, so be careful (especially with respect to attachable nipples.)
    Thanks for all of the advice, Holly! Wow! I found a similar set on some breast form FAQ online. But this is great. I've also found that it's hard typing while wearing satin gloves ('Dear Miss Natasha, how do you type wearing ladies' satin gloves?' Sorry I had to throw in a Strong Bad reference.) But yeah, thank you.

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was once told by a fitter that using talcum powder can be very bad for your forms. Talc is actually a mineral that can be extremely abrasive...not good for the forms' "skin". It is better to use a cornstarch based powder. Of course, after a while the perspiration will mix with the cornstarch creating a pastey substance...no worse though than talcum powder. Now I'll just sit back and wait for the "gravy master" jokes.

I've bought several pairs of the 50 dollar forms on eBay. I almost exclusively wear the DD's. I sleep in them and do most everything else around the house in them (except answer the door!) They do seem fragile but they're not as bad as you think. I have dropped, pulled smashed, you name it and they are still good...takes a lickin keeps on tickin! My forms came with an adhesive backing that with care can last quite a long time. I tend to wear tops that augment the adhesives support so they stay up and jiggle nicely. When the adhesive finally wore out I went to the hardware store and bought a spray adhesive that said repositionable..... I'm sure thats spelled wrong. It hasn't hurt the forms. I hear that breast cancer orthodic stores carry and hypoallergenic type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Peggy

holding in the "babies"

I agree with brianna. A full coverage bra is always best. They will hold your forms where you put them, thus you can be normally active without worrying about "boobie wander." I use lacy full coverage bras, and have never had to tape or anything. As for taping, usually only used if you wear smaller forms braless. I tried tapind my size 10 (d cup) forms, and guess what.....too heavy for a good hold. It will take some experimenting , but you will surely find the perfect combination that will work best for you. Good Luck!

Hi Natasha,
    If you ever decide to attach your silicone breast forms, you are going to have to experiment with the various adhesives and removers. Here is what I recently wrote in this fourm on what I use.

Hi Francine and Anyone Else Reading This,
    Please realize that what may work for you may not work for me and vice-versa. I do not like Holister Medical Adhesive. I use Nu-Hope Adhesive and it can be found here: http://www.nu-hope.com/xccess/add.html To remove it from my chest and forms, I use De-Solv-it and it can be found here: http://www.orange-sol.com/household/index.html Make sure you use the household version of it. It is far cheaper than the medical adhesive removers.

One last thing, your chest is OK if it is covered. However, if you decide to attach your forms, you have to shave your chest. Preferably not the day you attach them.
    "It is better to be looked over than to be overlooked." Mae West

http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaknight1999/