Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shave or Not....

Shave or Not....

Ok this question is mainly for the ftm's out there. Coming up on the summer and I was wondering for the dudes not on t. Do you ever wear shorts? And if you do -- is it easier to pass not shaving your legs or does the lack of leg hair tend to give it away?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Ok this question is mainly for the ftm's out there. Coming up on the summer and I was wondering for the dudes not on t. Do you ever wear shorts? And if you do -- is it easier to pass not shaving your legs or does the lack of leg hair tend to give it away?
    i dont shave my legs even in summer! hope that help!

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    I dont really ever shave my legs unless I have to .. they are most furry hehe!

But also... I never wear shorts anyway (outside/in front of people!).

Hmmm.... I think I might feel shy if someone thought I was a girl and then saw my furry boy-legs!

If they knew I was a male and saw my legs.. that would rock, but I feel silly if someone thought I was a girl with hairy legs

btw some (quite a few) gms have smooth legs and arms. My old boss used to.

Edit:
    Oh wait... I think I missed out some of your question. Lack of leg hair? ... ah dont' worry about that! Lots of gms have a lack of leg hair or fair hair on their legs.

It's the leg shape I'd be more concerned with. I don't like revealing mine because I think they are too girly at the moment. (Hahaha I know everyone on here has seen my legs in skimpy things but the general world don't have to suffer that punishment ).

The girly shape comes from the femaley way fat is distributed on my body... and also because all females have an extra layer of fat.... so people can't see my buff leg muscles as clearly as I'd like hahaha!

But I am hoping that when I get thinner (and so that fat layer decreases) my legs will look more masculine.

Some genetic guys do have well girly shaped legs... but with my other femaley traits right now...(long hair...female/gay voice, a femaley look to me etc)... when each little femaley trait adds up together .. someone might think "female" , so I hide my legs to hide another female trait that they would add into the equation.

Wheras a genetic male with girly legs... no one would think twice lol.

OK I'm rambling... these tonsils have a lot to answer for!
    Last edited by pocoyo; 04-06-2007 at 07:47 AM.
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

I usually don't shave my legs unless some stupid family BS comes up... and I only wear shorts if my legs are good 'n' hairy. I was actually talking with one of my GM friends the other day, and he showed me his legs-- the front of they were moderately hairy, but the backs of his legs were so smooth! And the hair just naturally grows that way. This makes me less worried about a few less-hairy parts of my legs. I would think hairy legs help you pass better than shaved legs, unless, as Poc mentioned, you've got the man-muscle to flaunt 'em.

For me, though, nothing beats "accidentally" showing off the happy trail. That really confirms "male" in most cases. (of course, I am hairy enough that I was shaving my chin and mustache even before I admitted to myself that I was trans, ha ha.)
    -Neil

[SIZE="3"]Thou wouldst be loved? Then let thy heart
    From its present pathway part not!
    Being everything which now thou art,
    Be nothing which thou art not.

-Edgar Allen Poe[/SIZE]

i dont shave my legs used to in my teens because i was trying to fit in but i havent done for years now

my legs are hairy and this summer i will be wearing my shorts i have brought about 4 pairs so far i like my hairy legs so i dont care if others see them there dude legs i used to not show my legs because of embarrisment but now i think whatever

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    I don't shave my legs and do wear shorts. I was surprised at first, that it took courage to do so. When I still thought I was a girl, and didn't shave, people, even complete strangers, would say something about it every now and again. Now that I dress en homme, no-one even looks twice. And I have more leg hair than my dad.

I would like not to have to shave them, but I'm really not good with dealing with heet, so I'm going to have to where shorts this summer (though I've never liked whereing them. Maybe it'll feel better with boy-shorts) and I love swiming/serfing/pratting around in the sea, and seeing as how some of my familie is still a tad in denial (and I think maybe finding dealing with it a bit difecalt), not to mention that we're going away with a familie that dosn't even know I'm 'gay', let alone transexual (though If they havn't gessed that there's something going on then the deserve the shock). So... I'm going to have to shave before summer really sets in. *sigh*.

I'm quite lucky with my leg-shape beneth my knees though. My calfs are quite lean and I have mucle definition from living of the third flore in a flat block with no lift
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Yep. Gotta love those walk-ups! I'm on the 6th, no lift.

Eh, generally I don't shave in male mode. Or in female mode a lot of the time. Probably you do pass better with some hair on the legs, though.

Guess my fear is I don't shave and try to pass and pple see me as a chick with hairy legs and make fun of me or something. I dont care much what other pple really think but I don't want to be the object of their teasing and etc

Eh, it can be disconcerting, but I found it to be worthwhile. I firmly believe that if anyone's spending time and energy worrying about my legs, they'd better either know me well enough that they don't care, or else get the heck away from me.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasein9 View Post
    I firmly believe that if anyone's spending time and energy worrying about my legs, they'd better either know me well enough that they don't care, or else get the heck away from me.
    thats my attitude too

I did a little experiment a while ago and let my leg hair grow, I was wearing shorts in the gym and did get some funny looks so I shaved em, plus it made my SO feel strange so off they come. Recently I have been apathetic towards it again and my legs are getting quite hairy again dunno whether I like it or not so we will see. I'm back to the gym after Easter hopefully so depending on what I wear I might have to shave them. In the summer hols the whole family is going on holiday together lol dunno what I'll do then cos gotta wear shorts. Time will tell on this one. Used to think I wanted the smooth look but don't know now! xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Thing is I live with my parents and brother so I'd rather not be the object of their teasing/ questions/ remarks such as 'ewww, go shave.' That and, where I work everyone knows me as a girl (ugh) so I've got to project a more or less 'professional' air and not drag my hairy ol' legs into it. They'd definitely notice, as, while my leg hair isn't thick, it's black.
    If I didn't live with family and work wasn't an issue, I'd trot around hairy-legged and shorts-clad all the time. It'd take a bit of nerve and I'd definitely be self-conscious at first, but I think it'd be worth it in the end.
    As for the hair making you more passable, I think that depends generally on your hair colour and the thickness of the rest of your body hair (like on your arms). If you've got dark hair and noticeable hair on your arms, then it'd be best to not shave. However, if you're blonde or have very light body hair, it won't be as noticeable either way.
    I've got rather dark hair but very light hair on my arms so I don't think it's as noticeable if I don't shave. *shrug*
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

OK I'm rambling... these tonsils have a lot to answer for!
    Uh yeah, right. I think it's better when you do it and not talk about it. (Just kidding)

But one thing about hair...it grows where you don't want it to grow but won't grow where you want it to. Like being a mtf, I WANT it to grow on my head and not on my legs. However, it does just the opposite. Thank god I don't have any hair on my back (or on the palms of my hands like a werewolf.)

If you ftm want to see somebody that's REALLY hairy....look a Robin Williams. That dude has hair all the way to his wrists!

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Oh, yeah. Robin Williams could walk around naked and nobody would ever know. They'd just think he was wearing a fuzzy jumpsuit or something.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I have given into the heet and doned the shorts (I was right, I am more comfortable in long boy-shorts). BUT, one of my mothers friend is staying with us over ester, and I'm not really comfotable beeing compleatly boy-mode around someone I don't really know but have to shair a house with (so am going androginous), so the leg hair is...

departed. *sigh*

btw, aparantlie lack of practise makes you really bad at shaving legs...
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

I found this interesting...

Hi, Guys:

I totally do not want to hi-jack your thread, but I did want to mention an interesting observation...

As a MTF crossdresser, I struggled--and my wife srtuggled--long and hard with the issue of shaving my legs. Being a GM, I have never exactly been at a loss for hair (unless you take a look at my balding head, but we won't go there...lol) Just like so many of you guys, I felt totally self-conscious at first. I even remember being out with my wife and seeing her uncomfortable from people staring at me. Fortunately, that was about six years ago and it haas gotten completely natural for me now to have hairless legs. I go everywhere (including family functions, work, etc.) with no problem.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it will be difficult at first, but it will get easier--and probably even feel natural--over time. Hope this helps.

Take care,
    Michelle
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Lol am I the only one that can bear to wear trousers even when it's hot?
    What about light material trousers?

Awww michelle thank you, that's really sweet and helpful
    We likes them kindsa considerate and helpful mtf comments.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    Lol am I the only one that can bear to wear trousers even when it's hot?
    What about light material trousers?
    no i usually wear trousers when its hot! only ocasionally do i wear shorts, linen trousers are really light & breathable

Quote Originally Posted by myMichelle View Post
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that it will be difficult at first, but it will get easier--and probably even feel natural--over time. Hope this helps.

Take care,
    Michelle
    Hey, Michelle . . . haven't seen you in ages. You don't visit often enough.

Thanks for the advice. I do find it a little nerve-wracking when I think about going out in shorts with my hairy legs, but I guess I'll get used to it with enough practice. As Poc said, I just don't want people to see me as a female with hairy legs - if they see me as male, then I don't care. But I will think of your advice and I'm sure it will give me the courage to do it without worrying about anyone else.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The nice thing about being in NYC, Cap'n, is that the weird threshold is so high. No-one cares here.

*wanders through central park a moment*

ahh look... another hairy-legged-woman *shrugs*....

*carries on walking*

hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein9 View Post
    The nice thing about being in NYC, Cap'n, is that the weird threshold is so high. No-one cares here.
    Ha, ha . . . "the weird threshold" . . . I like that. It's true, we've seen it all, so nothing phases us. I'm sure I wouldn't be the first female with hairy legs on the streets of NY - or the first guy with boobs. Man, you're becoming such a local now . . . the folks back home won't recognize you soon.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    the folks back home won't recognize you soon.

Okay.

You haven't seen the folks back home!