Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just me or does Nair suck?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-50 View Post
    nairs is crap,works in some places does nothing in others then as a bonis it burns the heck out of your skin. shaving is the only hair removal way ive found that works.cp

I hate Nair for the same reasons you mentioned. It burned the crap out of my underarms, I hate the smell, and it is so messy.

I used Nair yesterday for the first time. It did a good job for me. Legs and chest.
    Davida

I've used Nair several times and yes it does work but it needs a bit more encouragement, I apply it, wait the recommended time then hop in the shower and use a lofha sponge and scrub all over.. Works fine for me.
    The only downsides i have found with it are,

1. The smell... Geez it stinks.... and the house still smells for days from it.
    2. The cost.... And it's only good for 1 1/2 applications. What, i can do both my legs one time, but only one leg the next?
    3. I'm lazy.... And i can't be bothered with the waiting bit most of the time.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

I've found two tubes of veet generously applied to the whole body will do an excellent job for a day maybe two. The trick is you cant stretch the product too far. Waxing is better for the long run.
    Summer is here in the south so shaving is out til deer season. Always nice to have something to look forward too!

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    it's NOT just you, Nair sucks and didn't touch my hair. Burnt the snot outta my skin, but didn't touch the hair.
    Kim
    Last time I used Nair, it was Nair for Men. I recall the exact day, a least what day it was: it was the day of the World Cup final between France and Italy.

My back broke out with an acne my body hasn't seen since I was about fourteen. It took two months for it to clear.

Awful...it's not you.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel_rachel View Post
    1. The smell... Geez it stinks.... and the house still smells for days from it.
    Made my Beloved sick for days. Needless to say, she never uses Nair.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 05-10-2007 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Use the multiquote....
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

Always works for me. I use the old plain stuff and slather it on. I make sure to first take a hot shower and rinse with cold so I have clean, closed pores. Dry off then cool down, then do it. Clean closed pores should prevent the burning.

Natasha and everyone.

I have had good success with nair and some problems.

First, I have gotten chemical burns from it. Different parts of my body are more sensitive, but I learned to time it carefully. For me 7 minutes works well on my chest and arms. My legs aren't as sensitive.

The nair with aloe seems to smell less, and seems a little more gentle on the skin.

I never use nair after exercising. I think the natural buildup of oils during the day protects against chemical burns. Sweating a lot removes the oils and it's easier to get burns.

I don't use it more than once per week.

I use a liberal amount. Too little, and it doesn't disolve the hairs. - Almost an entire bottle for my entire body.

It's faster than shaving the entire body, and I think the hair is less itchy when growing back. Maybe the ends of the hair folicles are rounded or thinner, rather than cut straight across as with a razor?

But it doesn't disolve any hair below the skin.

And I have to shave in a day or two, or there is some stubble that shows on the arms if one looks closely. The legs can go for quite a bit longer - I don't know why.

Both shaving and nair both suck. If I were rich, I'd get laser! I use nair when I am hairy and have to do the entire body, shaving for touchup after a day or two.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Hugs, Lori

I'll help you wax honey... Muhahaha
    Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absent-minded. Someone sober will worry about events going badly. Let the lover be.
    ~Rumi~

You always admire what you really don't understand.
    ~Blaise Pascal~

Dittos

Nair does not work with me also !!

Not much works ,I am going to try waxing hair off

Melissa

Once you start shaving seriously: 1.) You get quicker at doing it. 2.) You do a better job doing it, (i.e. usually zero nicks and rashes.) 3.) You will never let the hair get as long and so you won't spend "hours" shaving.

My theory, the vast majority of GGs shave their legs and whatever else they feel is necessary. Most use a decent 2 blade razor, and either a soap that makes a good lather or shaving cream. Until you find something better, why not just use their old-fashioned methods. It's worked very well, for a very long time.

Usually takes me about 20 minutes to shave upper body and legs, about every 3 or 4 days. I can live with that.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Nair and suchlike are kind of a high-tech solution to a simple problem, and not even a very good one. Hair is made of the same protein as the skin surface, so whatever is effective at attacking the hair protein will also attack your skin. Hence all the problems with burning and rashes that people get.
    Shaving is a more simple, old-fashioned approach, but I think it suits most people better.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Strange When Bored
    One of my problems in using Nair is it seems very uneven in results - you can layer it on for 10+ minutes (less time doesn't seem to get out enough hair) and after washing and scrubbing, lots of hair is gone but some still remains. And although I've used it several times without incident, the last time I tried it my legs itched insanely for weeks afterwards - I would wake up at night itching one leg under the knee with the toe from the other leg (anyone ever heard of sleep-itching?). Not looking for a repeat of that...

Kellyann

Bad Juju

Nair had to be made by a man. It smells bad and burns you without doing much for you. Shaving is what I do but hate the little red bumps you get afterwards. Anyone have a remedy for that????

Shick Quattro for women, lavender hair conditioner as a lube, and a body scrub after. Works for me.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

as a GG with more hair than my TG.....

(something about African/Mediterenean heritage many generations back, lol) and more than I can handle eveything is waxed professionally. Yes, it is an expense and one that is worth it IMO. No ingrown hairs, good product, great results. I have even been brave enough to do the Brazilian thing. One hint, take some tylenol/advil BEFORE you wax. Helps with any pain you may have. The more you do it the less painful it is. I have to add I have a VERY high toleralnce for pain so that may be why I actually enjoy getting waxed!

Louise.

and if you go with shaving which is almost as good as....

waxing, IMO, use a good womens razor and lots of womens shave gell. If you shave every day (which is what I have to do if I don't have the money for all that waxing, lol) you get better, faster and more accurate. And please, if you are going to be wearing sleeveless summerthings, shave under your arms!

Louise.