Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or does Nair suck?

In the Vortex of Entropy between worlds. Well, Minnesota...I guess.

Is it just me or does Nair suck?

In short:

Nair doesn't work well with me. It doesn't remove all my hair. Am I doing something wrong?

In my typical long-winded writer style:

I am not really to the point of abandoning all my body hair but I have decided to ditch some of it. I shaved what I wanted to shave off first, but it started growing back in a couple of days (and I didn't want to spend hours a week shaving). So I thought, 'I'll use Nair!'

I bought both Nair for women and for men and tried each. I tried the women's Nair first ('cause it had a fancy applicator...oooo!) and put it on my ankles and feet. I waited about five minutes and took it off. Well, some hair came but not all of it. I left it, thinking it was good enough. Then, when the next day rolled around it was all back - to the stage it was the day before!

I tried the men's Nair yesterday to get rid of the hair on me feet, hands, back, and shoulders. This time I just rubbed it on and waited about 9 minutes for the stuff to work. When I washed it off some of the hair came with it, but not all. Frusterated, I took a razor and shaved the rest off.

In closing:

Am I just unlucky or does Nair just suck? Am I doing something wrong girls? HELP! I don't want to shave daily, but Nair seems like my only hope!
    Last edited by XDW Nathan-Natasha; 04-06-2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: I wrote 'Nair doesn't work well with me?' - I'm not yoda, yes?
    [SIZE="3"]Do faith and cross-dressing need to cross swords? I believe not... ~XDW Nathan-Natasha[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"How do you expect my enemies, my friends, and the public in general to understand the meaning of the images that appear suddenly and which I reproduce in my pictures, when I myself, who am the one who 'makes' them, I don't understand them either?"
    ~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

By the way, are there any other good hair removal products out there?

What works best for you?

How about for removing facial hair (other than shaving)?
    [SIZE="3"]Do faith and cross-dressing need to cross swords? I believe not... ~XDW Nathan-Natasha[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"How do you expect my enemies, my friends, and the public in general to understand the meaning of the images that appear suddenly and which I reproduce in my pictures, when I myself, who am the one who 'makes' them, I don't understand them either?"
    ~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apparently it works well for some, not so well for others. It always worked well for me, but the expense, smell and messiness put me off, so I opted for shaving and an Epi-Lady.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XDW Nathan-Natasha View Post
    Nair doesn't work well with me. It doesn't remove all my hair. Am I doing something wrong?
    (I imagine this thread will get moved to Health & Beauty.)

I tried about 5 different hair removers, including Nair, and they all rated between Very Poor and Total Failures for me.

One of them (I think it might have been Nair) was partially successful in removing a patch of arm hair near my wrist, but the none of the rest did more than remove a small number of hairs. Not one of them removed any facial hair. All I got out of the experience was facial burns (especially if I ignored the instructions and tried twice within the same day.)

I was really hoping that one of them would be able to get under my five o'clock shadow, or get off some of the throat/chin hairs that razors have a hard time getting, but even the "extra strength" ones did nothing useful on my face. And most of them wouldn't even do anything on my arms or legs.

I should indicate here that I do not have thick hair: my facial hair is relatively fine and slow growing; I would be Last Place in most beard-growing contests. But my skin is relatively fair, and my beard stubble grows in dark brown (and gets blonder as it grows), so Mr. O'Clock tends to be noticable on me.
    Last edited by sandra-leigh; 04-06-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: fix emphasis

Nair sucks

it's NOT just you, Nair sucks and didn't touch my hair. Burnt the snot outta my skin, but didn't touch the hair.
    Kim

Nair Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    it's NOT just you, Nair sucks and didn't touch my hair. Burnt the snot outta my skin, but didn't touch the hair.
    Kim
    been there...done that
    Courtney

You will find Nair works the same way as shaving it off I'm afraid. It only takes off the hair you can see, just like shaving it. So the next day or 2 your hair will feel stubbly again.

Try waxing it's painful at first, but you get used to it after a while and up to 4 weeks hair free, unlike 1 or 2 days from shaving or using nair.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post
    You will find Nair works the same way as shaving it off I'm afraid. It only takes off the hair you can see, just like shaving it. So the next day or 2 your hair will feel stubbly again.

Try waxing it's painful at first, but you get used to it after a while and up to 4 weeks hair free, unlike 1 or 2 days from shaving or using nair.

I have got my ultra big strips and an evil grin anyone wanna play ?????

I recently tried Nair (with moisturizing bikini cream) on the backs of my hands and up to just above the wrists. I left it on the recommended time period (3+ mins.) I tested a small area which showed very little removal. Ithen left it on for the max. time (10 mins). I wiped it all off and had some hair come off and others not. I do know that I did not put it on with a thick enough coat and I tended to rub it in, which they said not to do. A few days later it started to grow in with a fine stubble. I will try it again with a thicker non-rubbed application waiting for the max time period to see what happens then.

It was funny how the hair would still come off later that night in little clumps when I would grab a patch that was still there. I think that it may need a longer time to dissolve the hair near its roots before wiping off.

Keep your replies coming becausethere are probably many interested newbies like me here whop are also interested in this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyah View Post
    only if you have that gag ready.... don't wanna hear you screaming

.........from the waxing!!! get your heads outta the gutter :shocked:
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I've had good luck with Nair and have had no problems.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

My wife has used it in the past I'll just stick to shaving
    Angie

Nair Sucks! Here is the Sandy hair control system:

Legs:

Shave every day.

Chest and back:

Sugar, or wax about every 6 weeks.

Hugss...

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

It works well for me. But the smell is godawful and lingers awhile.

I've heard good stuff and bad stuff about Nair, but my research ended up 50/50 so I'll just stick with shaving.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Nair works well enough you just need to make sure its thickly layered on. And by works well enough it works everywhere I've tried except my chest and stomache. I never did put it on my face something about chemical burns on my face if I leave it too long kinda steered me away from trying. I really just prefer waxing. You have to deal with some pain but then you are done for like a month
    If something doesn't make you happy Change it

Yes it sucks but it doesn't.... never mind not apporperate. sorry. I do not like the smell and to get it on thick enough to work only burns my skin, it will be red and tender for days ouch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyah View Post
    Oh, yes please, Toyah! I've never waxed before but I've got a high pain threshold and it seems to me that waxing would be easier with two. You wax my back (and arms, and legs, and some of my chest) and I wax yours?

Quote Originally Posted by SandyR View Post
    Nair Sucks! Here is the Sandy hair control system:

Legs:

Shave every day.

Chest and back:

Sugar, or wax about every 6 weeks.

Hugss...

SandyR
    Legs: I want to shave them totally once (and get all the nicks and cuts in the process!) But after that I'll try waxing.

Arms: Wax away! I've shaved my wrists and hands but they (the hair that is) grow back immediately. I want to berid myself of all my arm hair...mwa-ha-ha! (Once my fiance is alright with letting me part with it - I feel like Robin Williams with them as hairy as they are, geesh!)

Chest: I'll keep most of my chest hair for now. I kinda like it, and so does my fiance...tee-he-he, so how can I deprive her of that? Just the upper chest and lower stomache for me, thank you - waxed, not Naired or shaved.

Back: Wax it all to hell! Mwa-he-ha-ho-hoo (What the heck was that?)

Anything else...? My head? I wanna grow my hair out so I can get pigtails! Seriously!!!!
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 05-10-2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Use the multiquote....

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nairs is crap,works in some places does nothing in others then as a bonis it burns the heck out of your skin. shaving is the only hair removal way ive found that works.cp

Does anyone know of any good waxing products and where to get them? I wanna try waxing! (I must really be insane...)

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nair I guess.. waxing .. um can u say "ingrown hair?"

I love the feel of hairless skin. I can't remeber who it was on here who said she won't go out with hairy legs, 'cause most know her as a F/M, and her legs look F/M. But, I think my legs look ultra-femme without hair, and look truly masuline with hair.... I guess it matters how much hair we're talking about.. but I digress

I have tried shaving, waxing and "Nair for men". I bought the "Nair for Men" on sale at Target because it was on Clearance (ahem.. first clue. There is a newer product out for men, but I thought it was because .. well... men are impatient and only wanted to wait 4 min instead of 8 min).

I put the Nair for Men on, waited the 8 min. and noted that there was no true difference. So I waited another 4 min., and yes some hair came off of my legs, but not everywhere. It was blotchy.

I assume that it's because I didn't use enough in those areas.

I'm impatient, and I didn't like the odour (yes odoUr not odor.. i'm canuck damnit) so, I ran a bath and shaved the rest. It seemed the best way to make sure I didn't exceed the 15 min. Max. that they recommend against.

I have also waxed. Wish I knew the name of the product, but I can't remember. I do know that I bought it at ShopKo in Green Bay. I waxed my arms with the kit. required me to microwave the wax. (I wish I had seen this sight first, great advice on here for waxing by GGs).

The feel the first night was fabulous. Silky smooth as promised. The next week was BRUTAL. I had ingrown hair sites all over the place. Try to explain that to your co-workers. Had one "suth'ner" say to me "What the f**k is that? God D**n AIDS mother f**ker" I took it in stride, and since he knew my wife was 550 miles away at the time I replied with "Now that would require drug use, or sex, of which I have had neither in over 6 months" ;o)

My advice. Either follow the advice of GGs with waxing (which I will NEVER do again.. wax, that is) or stick to shaving with using anti-bacterial soap before and after, and Cortaid for the inevetible rash that occurs in the "privates"

Denied
    Last edited by deniedtoo; 04-07-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Nair does suck!

ive tried it a few times and at first thought it worked ok but now it just burns my skin. i am careful with how long i keep it on but leave it alone now. Shaving works much better for me but i do get those horrible bumps!

sissy slave jamie
    Property of Mistress Phoenix

Blargh...waxing, nairing, shaving... Why can't I just pull all the hair out I want removed with some industrial duct-tape. It would be quicker, wouldn't it? More painful, sure - but the hair would be long gone!

Seriously though, I still think I'll try waxing just to try it, ingrown hairs or no. I'd be shaving every day and that takes a lot of time, but hey - if all else fails and shaving's all I have to go on, then so be it. The pay off will be more than worth it.
    Gilette 'Fusion' Razor: $15.00. Aveno Shaving Cream: $8.00. 'Shave Secret' Oil (the secret is it stinks - but it works): $6.00. Having a hairless body: Priceless. (I just won't put it on my Visa anymore, I made my last big purchase tonight - and it wasn't on femme products; it was on one of my other mega-passions...ANIME!)

~ Salvador Dali
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anime?!

Quote Originally Posted by XDW Nathan-Natasha View Post
    it was on one of my other mega-passions...ANIME!)
    I have friends with TB (yes terrabytes) of anime. I have only identified with 2 series ... InuYasha (yes, mainstream, but I watch the subtitled only.. there is soooo much more passion with the Japanese voices - I am a good Otaku :$), and Noir (I've only seen 2 episodes, but WOW! What a great series. I want more more more)

Denied

Yeah it didnt work for me,so i just stick to shaving