Thread: You get to the customs officer, now what?

Sejd

You get to the customs officer, now what?

After my change, and embracing my transgender self, I have noticed that my picture in my passport looks anything than what I look today. How to get in and out of the country?
    This can be an issue. Last time, when I came back from Holland, the customs officer looked at me and said: What's up with the scarf? I had a female scarf around my neck. "I'ts just a scarf officer I replied, and he let me go. But seriously, it can be an issue. I just talked with my sexologist today and she told me that she makes letters all the time telling that her patients are transgender. This kind of document will help me and all of you when you travel next time and want to look yourself. I am very thankfull for this option. I wonder what experience you all have crossing our country tight borders.
    hugs
    Sejd

I don't intend to go outside the U.S.I'm not a 24/7 dresser so if i was
    I'd go in drab
    Angie

That certainly is a difficult question.

I have never traveled fully dressed due to the many restrictions in place with photo id.

I imagine if you have made the decision to cross fully over then now is no better time to start collecting id with photos that show the new you.

I am unsure of the law in the UK but here in Australia a lot of my gal pals have thier drivers license as females, and I know of two that have passports.

The passports were tricky tho as there was a lot of work on getting it passed through the correct channels.

I have had a few customs officers look at me funny, but I just accept that part of thier job is to be intimidating so just smile and leave it be. Other then the look I have never had a problem.

M

I have passed enfemme through customs over the past 5 years in 7 different countries. I show my passport and dual ID. I have never had a problem Most customs officers have seen TG's before and if not they get educated.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Customs officers are trained to act very professional, but we know there are idiots everywhere who can make your life uncomfortable just for the fun of it. A TSA official made fun of my socks as I passed through the security checkpoint. The socks had cute little shamrocks in green and white, and he loudly looked at me and said, "NICE SOCKS!" to get others attention. I smiled and said, "Thank You!" and moved along. I figured playing it cool was best, and he had a job to get back to with all the people going through the line. You have to learn to not make a big deal with those kind of situations. I think your idea of getting a letter from your doctor or therapist is excellent.