View Poll Results: Are you able to adapt your persona?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 91.38%
  • No

5 8.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you able to adapt your persona?

Lightbulb Are you able to adapt your persona?

To the crossdressers and transvestites, are you able to adapt your persona? To clarify, since we have both male and female traits, are you able to transform your persona to be more masculine or feminine depending on the situation? To me, the greatest benefit of being transgendered is that I’m able to view the world through gender neutral eyes and can relate to both masculinity and femininity.

I know this becomes more difficult to impossible as one move closers to transexuality.
    Last edited by Sharon; 04-09-2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: removed hotlink

Yes I think so
    Angie

i think but not as much as i would like some times mocho man inserts foot in mouth

susie

Yes

I definitely think so. I am able to pick out most of my wifes clothes. She and I watch "What Not To Wear" all the time and like it. At the same time...I golf and talk sports with all my buddies. All of this has made me more well rounded. The femme side is a great advantage on many levels.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

Most times I can, my wife seems to trust my opinon on clothes a fair share of the time.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Yeah, but it's getting harder to switch back to more masculine. A lot of my work kinda forces me there and my relationship keeps me there, so I'm not worried about losing my male side entirely. Somedays I wish I could.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Yup, I'm A Girl

This is something I have struggled with all my life. I have been called names numerous times because of my mostly passive nature. I know they are just trying to get a rise out of me. But I'd just rather be accepting than fight. This is become even more present with age. The wife got on me a few years ago about it. I still get my testosterone up now and then. And if the situation calls for it I would kick it into high gear. But mostly I'm happy being my calm self.

Not at all. I know the way I set, walk, Talk, Jesture, is a dead giveaway. I wish I was more masculine while in my guy mode but thats the way it is.:be:

live the person

Hi Heels,

I have now met and am living with a great women, we are both neither male or female. We have taken on one anothers traits is a soul male or female. We both are the same size in cloths an shoe, just unreal when I first met her an let her know that I dress she showed me to her cloths closet an told me if they fit wear it. We now inter change cloths she loves my taste an is always wearing my clothing. Adapt is easy if you have someone that accepts who you are, there is no hiding or guilt that you may be found out. I am very blessed to have this women in my life,she alouds me to be as female as I want. I was a power lineman when I was younger, belive it or not there were more than one of us that wore panty hose to work,helped wick away the sweat when working in the cold weather.

Josephine

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulacder View Post
    Not at all. I know the way I set, walk, Talk, Jesture, is a dead giveaway. I wish I was more masculine while in my guy mode but thats the way it is.:be:
    [SIZE="3"]For me I'm happy to blur the line with my looks and gestures, it is who I am.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I seem to go to extremes, when in MM can be too aggresive, when in FM very very passive.

Smile when in girl mode

when I'm dressed, my perspective changes to a more relaxed, caring, demure mode, a certain tranquility overwhelms me...not explanation for it, it's like a wave that just washes over me....
    Suzie

monday, monday...can't trust that day....

Salandra is way too aggressive. I need Richard to stabilize that loose cannon. I'm seriously thinking that a major change is in order. Sal

girl next door
    In drab, which is most of the time, I'm a quite mild mannered, somewhat effeminate guy, but can do the Chainsaw Charlie thingy as the situation may require, and be comfy doing so. When en femme (fully, partially, or mentally only, i.e. here with y'all), I'm (mostly) all girl
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

I like the way that I am. In male mode, I am softer and kinder over all and even more so in enfemme.... but if it comes to fight or flight mode, I will get after it in either mode.

Transgender HouseWife Toni Shelton's Avatar
    I sure think so, and really pray I do when I go out.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"]Toni Shelton[/SIZE][/SIZE]

tonishelton56@yahoo.com

[SIZE="2"]My Mothers first Daughter[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My New Avatar is my New Years Picture, I hope you like.

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    I didn't vote since I don't consider myself a CD or a TV. But there was a time when I could adapt as you say and be more masculine or feminine as the situation called for. I felt like two different people though, so I don't keep my "halves" seperate any more.

Some people who are between genders can do that quite successfully. They have a "he" and a "she" persona, and often they have a "we" persona that moderates the two, although they say that often he or she will come to the fore naturally. Having one persona but having high masculinity and high femininity (which for better or for worse is called androgynous) I'm fairly adept at bringing the best trait to the situation. It ends up giving the same effect though. In my case it also makes me fairly (OK, very) gender fluid, which is a trip in itself.

I'm attaching a chart to show you what I mean. No matter how we express it, those of us in the Androgynous area of the chart are recognized as being able to adapt to situations as they arise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Yes, and I believe I/we are fortunate to have this trait - the ability to view things from the masculine and feminine points of view!
    Ally

On a gender safari
    I can adapt between guy and girl-mode because I have always had to do that. Early in my childhood I knew what was 'acceptable behavior' and what was not. Now that I am free to explore my girl-side, I have no idea how or if I will want to continue the balancing act. Time will tell.

It is nice being able to see issues from both sides of the fence!

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    Salandra is way too aggressive. I need Richard to stabilize that loose cannon. I'm seriously thinking that a major change is in order. Sal
    Aggressive? Same here. In guy-mode I am your average mild-mannered khaki-clad fellow. But when en femme I alternate between being sweetly passive and explosively confident. Somewhere down the road the two will converge but no idea when that will happen. Until then, I'm enjoying the ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nicole; 04-09-2007 at 10:27 AM.
    "If we hide who we are for the convenience of others, we 'pass' ourselves up in the process."

Most definately yes!! I can turn it on or off at will... All fem in girl mode.. All guy in male mode... I can knock you on your ass with a mean crosscheck while playing hockey then out enfemme and shop for dresses... After showering of coarse!! Hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'd like to think that one day I'll just be able to be in "me mode", not "guy mode" or "girl mode". But until that day comes . . .

I don't yet fully dress: no one around here yet knows about my CD interests and I'm not ready to tell them. The closest I have to it is using a female persona online in multi-player games (currently Second Life). There's a definite difference in how I present myself, and communicate, in my online female persona(s). I'm more flirty, and affectionate, and downright silly than I am in my "real life" guy mode. But it doesn't feel like it's a different mode, it feels like being able to break out of the shell I'm trapped in by expectations and upbringing.

-Katie

I can change into each persona about as fast as I can change outfits! No worries with me!

Great thread...I'm always dressed as male but depending on the situation and I'm not talking clothes here I can pull on my female side to help in situations where maybe my male persona would not be applicable. I have to do this in my job a lot. The girls realize I have this caring nature so it works regardless of my man image and the boys pull on this softer side of me and the tougher side too which works really well. It's great to have both xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

There are femme movements that take place in girl-mode, but persona- my personality, my voice- are just me, regardless of being femme or not.

i guess if im really forced to i can be a little more masculine, but i think (especially lately) my feminine side keeps showing more and more